Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

I hate those Loreal ads, like the one with Davina McCall in them

they're for some hair product, but at the bottom in small print it says hair extensions were used in the making of them!! the cheek!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

I don't like any of those confused.com ads.

But i love the most recent 123.ie advert :) Or the centra ad with the guy " Hello? Oh hi honey has your flight landed:eek: Oh its delayed...thats terrible":P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Omnomnom wrote: »
    But i love the most recent 123.ie advert :) Or the centra ad with the guy " Hello? Oh hi honey has your flight landed:eek: Oh its delayed...thats terrible":P

I dont think I've ever said this before, but GTFO :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really like the Hula Hoops ad with the man on the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Omnomnom wrote: »
    I don't like any of those confused.com ads.

You need serious help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Still think KFC boy needs a smack, hate that ****ing ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bodisgod

Two ads annoying me at the moment:

1. That sex in the city ad on comedy central where carrie is looking out the window and there's some eejit talking up to her. Yer wan's voice absolutely wrecks my head and I have to turn off the sound when it comes on

2. I know it's been out for a while but that optilase one is also a head wrecker.... "well it's three weeks on after the surgery....."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

WOW HARVEY WOW.

F OFF HARVEY F OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hardrain wrote: »
    Still think KFC boy needs a smack, hate that ****ing ad

Hey, hey.. you'll have to join the queue behind me. I have a rubber chicken in my hand which I will insert in the first orifice I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Bodisgod wrote: »
    1. That sex in the city ad on comedy central where carrie is looking out the window and there's some eejit talking up to her. Yer wan's voice absolutely wrecks my head and I have to turn off the sound when it comes on

Absolutely. Is she actually trying to sound and act like Miranda, or is it a complete piss take?

I really hate the Rowntrees Randoms ones. Poor poor idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Looking at this thread I think its fair to say that 90%+ of ads on the tele are complete shite.

Although there are two which I actually like, the Specsavers one with the old people on the rollercoaster and Compare the meerkat.com lol

donmeister wrote: »
    Looking at this thread I think its fair to say that 90%+ of ads on the tele are complete shite.

Although there are two which I actually like, the Specsavers one with the old people on the rollercoaster and Compare the meerkat.com lol

I have tried and a few other have tried to get the best ads on TV going on a number of occassions. I conclude that people like to criticize everything they see, I am will happily go along with this as I to like to criticize **** advertising :D

Yillan wrote: »

I like the one where the girl is looking for directions, but not the football manager one. They are children's TV ads but they aren't for broadcast reasons, you shouldn't advertise sweets to kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

The Sarah Silverman ad on Comedy Central, she looks and acts like a total gimp, would never watch that show

room18 wrote: »
    The Sarah Silverman ad on Comedy Central, she looks and acts like a total gimp, would never watch that show

It is a good reflexion of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Iggy Pop, put on some bloody clothes...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Absolutely. Is she actually trying to sound and act like Miranda, or is it a complete piss take?

What the crocodile hat... was that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

Those Westcoast Cooler adverts. Such a smug bunch of she-cocks! It's even more annoying that there are these pretentious tw*ts playing the instruments behind them. I always like to imagine that at the end when all those slags are strutting in the door as a group, I'm there tossing a bucket of p*ss at them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I <3 this thread, it has brought consistent lulz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

IrishKev wrote: »
    What the crocodile hat... was that!!!

I really like these ads tbh. I always laugh when it comes on. Isn't that the point? :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The very badly dubbed ad for maxwell house with the granny going on about not wearing clothes at a Hendrix concert,the snooty looking woman clicking her fingers at a taxi in the rte between programmes filler,any ad featuring kids with D4 accents.These i all hate.

The cool new jar from avonmore dairies !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

cock robin wrote: »
    All ads by financial institutions. Especially those ones trying to get you to Consolidate all your loans.

these are the ads that annoy me the most too. I often see them on the "At the Races" channel, or any other daytime drivel channels.
    Also, the similar ads trying to get interest free deposits of money from oldies that they wont pay back til the old dears die. By then these companies will probably be bankrupt from investing the money in dodgy deals. On the plus side they do post oldies out a biro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Absolutely hate that FLASH! ad going at the moment. Ye know the one with some git talking to some Blonde Bimbo about the weather, while putting on sunglasses walking into a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Oh my fcuking god...that new piece of sh1te for Ocean Finance.

"Hi, I'm a reh-tard with a giant lightbulb on my head. I'm going to talk inanely for two minutes with two saps at an ice-cream van about me and the wife's money problems...just like what people do in real-life..."

"Hi, I'm Jane, the reh-tard's wife ...I also have a giant lightbulb on my head...I'm watching an insurance company's TV channel with my young daughter because I'm also a reh-tard..."

Who comes up with this crap? and also why are all insurance ads so rubbish? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Them f***ing Barrys Tea ads are appalling. In fact most Irish made TV is embarrassing.

That new VW Passat ad "Positive Thinking" is just all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

All the GOLD ads that are on at the min drive me mad...the 'send us your gold and we'll send you a cheque'....arghhhh..they look so sleazy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

This ****in thing

**** off Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Cleaning ads where you say to yourself "oh my sweet jesus, when was the last time she cleaned the toilet/ sink"...:mad:

And that new DFS sofa ad where you see a woman/hooker standing beside a sofa, then a girl doing a kinda pole dance....and finishes with a young girl of about 10 or 11 striking a "pose"...it just looks wrong...

• Advertisement

This ****in thing

**** off Vodafone

This is worse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement