Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That Guinness ad for Arthurs day annoys the fck out of me, and we have to put up with it for about 7 more weeks. It is on practically every ad break. AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

All O2 ads. They go on forever and are so annoying. Especially the ones they play in the cinema. Speaking of which, Limerick Omniplex, for the love of god please get some new ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yillan wrote: »
    This ****in thing

**** off Vodafone

Haha, this one kills me too. The mention of Ballina at the start just doesn't work.:D Go Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stupid car ad where they're trying to be sexy and failing, "Fact Me". Fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

This ****in thing

**** off Vodafone

I've seen this ad a few times and I've seen the billboards around town but I don't know what's being advertised here. Mission Red? I don't know what that is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Thargor wrote: »
    Stupid car ad where they're trying to be sexy and failing, "Fact Me". Fcuk off.
    Isint that pretty much all car ads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This ****in thing

**** off Vodafone

he was in Fair City wasnt he. Terrible ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dr Sinnott

Not sure about Fair City but he was Des Brennan in Glenroe. Terrible ad. Who is your one with him? Fairly sure I've seen her somewhere before.

Ads that are really getting on my nerves now are the Avonmore ads before and after the weather on RTE now. Appalling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Definitely the ad for "let us do you out of your gold jewellery please" and also that auld biddy that says she was at woodstock for Barrys tea - their worst ad ever and my current no 1 bad ad are all the Churchill ones. Time for that mutt to go to sleep at the vets. Ooooh YES! And he can take that bloody Melanie Sykes with him. Woof.;)

Oh and another one... Gaviscon..... those firemen spraying the back of your wan's throat with white stuff. Mucky!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Definitely the ad for "let us do you out of your gold jewellery please" and also that auld biddy that says she was at woodstock for Barrys tea - their worst ad ever

That is Maxwell house?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »

Yeah, the woodstock ad is Maxwell House. In the follow up ad, The she tells the granddaughter that her mother was the love child of that same woodstock concert, and her grandfather was some bloke in a Nixon mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

you can have noir ..i think

The worst thing about it is he's basically admitting right there in the ad that they take last years model, stick some overpriced extras on it and bump up the price to that of a new release so vapid cnuts like herself who dont know anything about cars will still fork out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Elmo wrote: »

See! Dreadful advert! I didn't even get the product right. So it's neither informative nor entertaining. P45 for that ad-man. It seems to me like the kind of advert that some exec within Maxwell House came up with and they insisted to the ad agency that Maxwell House were gonna use their own "brilliant" concept. And hiring the sh!te talent. I mean, in my lifetime I've seen Nick Kamen get his kit off in a launderette for Levis, Budweiser with Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, Tango adverts (all of them!), and the corny but catchy Nescafe Gold Blend adverts from the 80s and 90s as well as that brilliant advert for a shamefully rubbish car, the Transformer advert for the Citroen C4. Advertising has moved on from pensioners on couches talking patronisingly to their grandchildren (please note people from Werthers Originals).

On the bad ad rant.... those cheeky little b!tches who think "it's time" for daddy to start dyeing his hair with Just for Men or some such. Cheeky talentless children get up my nose. But thankfully not as much as the lovely people from Caneston duo who want to get me back to "feeling myself again"!! Surely thats not recommended when one has thrush is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭yknaa

How about the one for Stenna Line where the young kid is shouting on about the boat being amazing and he got to meet 'bi-curious George' ;-) Desperate stuff.

Edit: Maybe it was 'furious George' ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

that new one for the 'smack in the mouth' bars (the ads are that bad i still can't remember what their selling )........with the guards rollin about the garden. wtf ! .........your man who says howya to the wife is the image of wayne rooney though. My granny could script a better advert, and she s been dead for 25 years !

MsMolly wrote: »
    that new one for the 'smack in the mouth' bars (the ads are that bad i still can't remember what their selling )........with the guards rollin about the garden. wtf ! .........your man who says howya to the wife is the image of wayne rooney though. My granny could script a better advert, and she s been dead for 25 years !
    Oh god yes, if they play that as much as the one with those 3 tossers in the office Im going to scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That ad with the kid who "wants to do a poo at Pauls". Off ya go ya little twat, and dont come back!! Pack your bags and go stink out Pauls house, I'm sure his mother will love you for it. If he was mine, I'd stick his head down the toilet and rub his face in it. AAAAARGH!!!!!
    Those hair colour ads with Davina MaColl, just want to reach in and punch her every time. Instead i just content myself by telling her to F**K OFF every time. not as satisfying as landing her one though I imagine.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

1,2,3,4, can I have a little more...all together nooooooooooow!

I'm a Bud drinker myself but that ad is cringeworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That new lynx one with the guy keeping 2 fish under his arm pits. Actually pretty much any lynx ad ever, they're all cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

That clearasil ad. A group of teenagers outside a cinema or something. And the guy says to the girl "hey kim, can i borrow your lipstick". And then he like kisses the face off her. Wtf? That is sucha crap ad. What does it have to do with clear skin??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

1,2,3,4, can I have a little more...all together nooooooooooow!

I'm a Bud drinker myself but that ad is cringeworthy

It may also go against the children's advertising standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

the ad that sienna miller is prancing about like ****in twat, pretending she's a fun, cool, nice person. well **** you miller, youre a ****ing ****.

she has nice teeth though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

The diet coke ad with "Fascination" playing.

Aren't women so zany ??!!

I look forward to an ad where a man squeezes a woman's breast while making a honking sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

The new comedy season on Rte 2.

Looks like I won't be watching Rte 2 this Autumn !

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Them new ads for Aviva with Paul Whitehouse.

I cringe everytime I see them they're so unfunny.

The diet coke ad with "Fascination" playing.

Aren't women so zany ??!!

I look forward to an ad where a man squeezes a woman's breast while making a honking sound
    Oh yes, hated that for ages.

In a similar vein, the pink West Coast Cooler ad with those friggin mongs getting ready for their night out, literally grind my teeth when I see it.

I still cant believe they're still using that poo at Pauls hose ad at this stage though, how could they miss the hatred it generates?

http://www.google.ie/search?q=poo+at+pauls&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Its unbelieveable that they're still paying money to show it as much as they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

the ad that sienna miller is prancing about like ****in twat, pretending she's a fun, cool, nice person. well **** you miller, youre a ****ing ****...
    How big an ego do you need to prance about like that? Disgusting...
    khmk wrote: »
    Them new ads for Aviva with Paul Whitehouse.

I cringe everytime I see them they're so unfunny.
    The Fast Show seems so far away now... :(

What about that 'funny as a glass in the face' cnut that does those
    3 Mobile Internet stand-up ads? What a complete wanker! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

"Hi, I'm Bill!"

"Unfortunately, you can't fit your scooter in.."

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement