Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Futurewarrior

That tampax pearl ad "purls I invented them doreling" really hate that one above them all. Also the muller ads with the "normal" people describing how good they are, Cheap english twatbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Coors Light, I have notice they got rid of the waving eejit at the end of the add.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Wii ads. plain annoying:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

yknaa wrote: »
    How about the one for Stenna Line where the young kid is shouting on about the boat being amazing and he got to meet 'bi-curious George' ;-) Desperate stuff.

Edit: Maybe it was 'furious George' ;-)

Yes hate that too and the little fcuker is on the radio too.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Always ultra fanny-pads with the pinballs whizzing round them. Disturbing, on so many levels. Makes me yearn for the good ole days when advertisers of Li-lets tampons thought that getting your period would give you the irresistable urge to go roller-blading with your dogs pulling you along on their leads. Wild whacky creatures that we are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

I never read any of the other posts sorry but that guy with the fcuking glasses for the bank does me ed in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The current Always ad - "Have a happy period." - f*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Currently Hating:
    Oats & More- "You wont like them"- you're right, cos they're sh!t, you corrie reject soap actor!
    Muller: All ads, your yogurts suck, and chav family feedback doesn't make it any more appealing! And the other ad about the berry song!
    Kingsmill ad: Christ Suggs vet the ads you sell (all) your songs to. Mother wafting the toast smell to wake the son!
    Lynx fish guy ad- Urgh

All ads for the squillions of devious shops who have sofas at their "normal" (inflated) price for 5 minutes and have a "sale" on for the rest of the bloody year. Shove yeer sofas up yeer a*sx0le5. They are only bloody tat anyway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

efb wrote: »
    Currently Hating:
    Muller: All ads, your yogurts suck, and chav family feedback doesn't make it any more appealing! And the other ad about the berry song!
    Yes. I'm tempted to boycott those yogurts to teach whoever thought "Got me biscuit, got me crunch...I've got life,got creamy yogurt" would be an acceptable jingle.
    Also, not so much the ad but the red-haired girl in the Halifax ads irritates me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

5starpool wrote: »
    That Guinness ad for Arthurs day annoys the fck out of me, and we have to put up with it for about 7 more weeks. It is on practically every ad break. AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH.
    1,2,3,4, can I have a little more...all together nooooooooooow!

I'm a Bud drinker myself but that ad is cringeworthy

These two are the biggest offenders for me at the moment. I actually have to mute the tv as soon as the Bud one comes on.

Another one that has me jumping for the remote is this:

There are so many ad-writers for insurance and banking that need to be shot out of a cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mac 3

+1 for 123.ie

Cant stand those ads for Aviva. Paul Whitehoue playing several different characters, one more annoying than the last...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

the add for the car where he facts her

oooo ooooo oooo I have one......... That prat in the little adverts between some program sponsored by 3 I think... the so called comedian twat. He's the pitts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

oooo ooooo oooo I have one......... That prat in the little adverts between some program sponsored by 3 I think... the so called comedian twat. He's the pitts.

Do you mean the prick just before the adverts on 8 out of 10 cats? Yeah he needs to headbutted.

3 were obviously too cheap to get a decent comedian. I mean Bottler would be a vast improvement on the guy they have. And Bottler is torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Those Muller ads....oh f%$^ :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The new Spar ad with Louis Walsh and Bertie Ahern impersonators

it makes me feel sick whenever I hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Holysmokes wrote: »
    :D Come on! The Spar-Bertie-Louis-Walsh TV ad looks class. It must've cost a fortune - it was previewed in the news of the world and cost a mill or something. I've two kids and they laugh their heads off at teh louis character esp. IMO it's working - only it's hard to get hold of the one euro offers some days in Spar cos everyone's going in for them it seems...;)

It's absolute rubbish. The impersonations are rubbish. It's not funny in any way. That Nob Nation guy is cringeworthy. Your kids must have bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

That 123.ie advert is so annoying. Why do they put these adverts on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

I haven't read all 96 pages of posts, but I'm pretty certain those Harvey Normal SHOUTING adverts have raised a few hackles.

Another radio ad that is increasingly irritating is the one for the Tom Crean play - interesting the first few times, even entertaining - but constantly shouting the same two lines "South Georgia!" - couldn't they cobble together a few versions with... shocking suggestion... different quotations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

That clearisil ad

"Hey can I borrow your lip balm"

"Caution clearisil may cause confidence..... and breed a generation of budding rapists"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Oh and that fckuing Ikea ad with the girl in the red dress.

Absolutley teeming with continuity errors but I will just cut to the chase on this. The parents look all shocked to see her tagging along and waving in her red dress. "Look at our little girl, only 9 and a rebel!!!"

Only 9 and seems to have her own secret wardrobe from what I can gather. Seriously did she buy it herself with her hard earned cash or some such improbable ****e???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

my all new "fooking hate that ad"

"autoglass repair...autoglass replace.."

with that fella thats clearly
    READING from the PROMPT as HE doesnt SEEM sure WHicH words he SHouLD be EMPHasizING

ahh come on now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This ad thats been on for a while now,i think its for vodaphone where this fella rings up all his ex classmates and drives around the country looking them up.I cant help but notice that his classmates all look at least 10 years older than him.

papagormo wrote: »
    my all new "fooking hate that ad"

"autoglass repair...autoglass replace.."

with that fella thats clearly
    READING from the PROMPT as HE doesnt SEEM sure WHicH words he SHouLD be EMPHasizING

ahh come on now!

My friend says that even though she hates the ad, she's still let Luke fill her crack with his special resin anytime!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Muller have struck again. In their latest ad, they boast that their superior new product 'Contains only 7 ingredients-' I'm still at a loss trying to figure out how this is a selling point. The only other company that rival them for pure advertising ****ness are their competitors and masters of pseudoscience, Danone. I have no idea why a product as innocuous as yoghurt warrants the launch of such obnoxious marketing campaigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

That tampax pearl ad "purls I invented them doreling" really hate that one above them all. Also the muller ads with the "normal" people describing how good they are, Cheap english twatbags.

i think that tampax ad is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

The shreddies grannies ad... it almost made me sick the first time.... THe thought of all the grannies knitting and there skin falling off into the shreddies... Then they say "And now with new 'Frosted Shreddies'" Put me off shreddies for life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Sweet holy Jaysus on a bicycle. Reid furniture 'sampling' Metro Station's 'Shake It' to flog their fcukin' sofas!

"Save, save,save,save,save, save here!":eek:

Almost as cringey as that Bertie and Louis Walsh ad for Spar.

These two have recently confirmed my belief in Bill Hicks' wise words, "Anybody in advertising or marketing should just kill themselves. Seriously".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement