Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The PC world ad is killing me right now.

Some English girl talking about webchatting with "mam" and going to "college"

But in the English version of the ad (With the same girl) she's going to "uni" and chatting with "my mum"

She has a feckin english accent PC world, how stupid do you think Irish people are?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Radio advert which is something to do with getting the bus with a dog really annoyingly barking in the backround. Sounds like it was recorded in someones kitchen- badly. WTF.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

phasers wrote: »
    The PC world ad is killing me right now.

Some English girl talking about webchatting with "mam" and going to "college"

But in the English version of the ad (With the same girl) she's going to "uni" and chatting with "my mum"

She has a feckin english accent PC world, how stupid do you think Irish people are?
    Ahaha, just saw that there, they might as well have had her saying "Top o' the morning" at the start of it, ramp up the oirishness a bit more, like... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Bulmers ad about making cuts is in every ad break now, it doesnt even make sense, when hes talking to the apples and the bees it has nothing to do with making cuts, its just pure sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

The one for Corsodyl Mouthwash where you are looking at a wash basin and listening to somebody brushing their teeth and eventually a tooth falls out into the basin.

It turns my stomach when the tooth clinks in the basin. Ugh! :(

• Advertisement

The one for Corsodyl Mouthwash where you are looking at a wash basin and listening to somebody brushing their teeth and eventually a tooth falls out into the basin.

It turns my stomach when the tooth clinks in the basin. Ugh! :(

Did you see their other ad which shows a woman in a field, she then opens her mouth and there's a tooth missing. Seems they're really trying to gross out people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thargor wrote: »
    That Bulmers ad about making cuts is in every ad break now, it doesnt even make sense, when hes talking to the apples and the bees it has nothing to do with making cuts, its just pure sh1t.

Would it not be more appropriate to have the Bulmers boss going into an all staff meeting and saying "120 of you are being fired", like what actually did happen. This must be some insult to those people. All those ads are stupid and the drink is p1sswater.

Those Oliver Callan ads for Bertie and Louis are the worst thing I've ever seen. As I've said before, the guy is a good mimic, but the material for the ad and his Nob Nation show are awful. I know that he is limited to what Spar tell him to do, but what he has come up with is just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Every single "get these great ring tones" ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

That 'What's this EU thingy doing for me' series of ads that are showing in cinemas. It's the way the girl says 'thingy' that wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr.NickRiviera

The 'mobiles for money' ad completely wrecks my head. Especially the part where the bald guy with a long goatee says 'Cool'...
    Give over...
    Harvey Norman ads....i dont even need to elaborate...

Finally..the gaviscon ad...part at the end when the policeman jumps up in the air and does the splits...game over!

Oh yeah...ads for sanitary towels...like come on! its 7pm...im eating my dinner...COME ON!!!

Oh one last one...'Compare the market.com Compare the Meeeercat.com' Lets just say, i actually used to like meercats :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Autoglass repair Autoglass replace

F*** yous and your special resin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My friend says that even though she hates the ad, she's still let Luke fill her crack with his special resin anytime!:D

laughs my ass off and nearly slips off the seat in the process-that story is priceless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

Jesus if I see the Ad one more time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I cant take that Guinness ad anymore, it really bothers me when I see it now.

"To Arthur!", "To Martha!", "To Parsnips!"

I hate every smug grinning cúnt in it, its on in every ad break on every channel, 4uck knows how many millions they've wasted on it. I cant even make out half of whats being said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Through a weird set of circumstances (no cable, only aerial, crap reception on all Irish stations) I only have Living TV (Have no clue how I can get Living on aerial but not RTE!?).

I am sick to death of hearing about the "The Money Shop".

Pure gold, pure cash etc. The way yer one moves irritates me.

Also their endless ads for ANTM and Dating in the Dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

"Can i go to Paul's for a poo?"

For some reason this really creeps me out. Disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Can you imagine what Paul's parents are thinking???

"Jesus here comes that weird kid who likes ****ting in our house" "I really am not comfortable with our child hanging out with a fecalphoeliac"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Also that bloody Bulmers ad. So in order for Bulmers to make cuts they need to entrust the process to a developmentally disabled effeminite weirdo running around with a shears screaming at bees and apples????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I just discovered this thread and jumped to the last page but I'm sure this has to have been mentioned;

The Barry's Tea happened - The strangest thing happened...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4Fwwv8NCg&feature=PlayList&p=6E9213F54B18EC18&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

I could be having a nice and relaxing evening in by the television but when this wench comes on I scream blue murder at the tv until she ****s off. Never hated an ad so much before.

Also +1 for the "Poo at Paul's" kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

flahavaj wrote: »
    "Can i go to Paul's for a poo?"

For some reason this really creeps me out. Disturbing.

Especially disturbing for the people who live in Paul's house! The mum is disturbing as well for allowing it!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

You dont seem to realise that when he goes to Paul's house , he gets treated like a little prince, sweets ,chocolates ,games and Paul never complain's when he leaves the door open, because Paul is........

Paul Francis Gadd..............:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

Those pug faced Nothern english twats, catered for numb skull English people who sit in there generic housing estates infront of thery're big HD TV's, Drinking Carling black label watching sky sports. On a grey saturday afternoon in Lancashire.

Another annoying advert are those Spar commercials with annimations of Louis Walsh and Bertie Ahern I've shat out funnier impressions.

Guinness Adverts piss me off to no end. No expense is spared on these art house wanna be adverts that try to appeal to the Every man in us.

Guinness and irish Rugby have t be the most absurd yet. "Born of our land!" Tree beard and the boys dressed in Jersey's. Guinness died on the cross to give us Irish Rugby.

HAs any body seen the billboards with "a champion will rise". With a man holding the McCarthy cup like a shield, while aloft a pile of hurleys and helmets. It's embarrassing, Who is behind these Guinness Campaigns?

While in a Galway off liscense I seen a poster With a Half Robotic rugby player with a green LED for an eye. Saying "Guinness, It's inside all of us."

One more thing has anybody seen the Volvic Advert? "Time for a cheeky volvic"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Think i'll call him out just to give him a smack for trying NOT to sound Dublin....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

This abomination.

newstrends5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

SHREDDER wrote: »
    Guinness Adverts piss me off to no end. No expense is spared on these art house wanna be adverts that try to appeal to the Every man in us.

Guinness and irish Rugby have t be the most absurd yet. "Born of our land!" Tree beard and the boys dressed in Jersey's. Guinness died on the cross to give us Irish Rugby.

HAs any body seen the billboards with "a champion will rise". With a man holding the McCarthy cup like a shield, while aloft a pile of hurleys and helmets. It's embarrassing, Who is behind these Guinness Campaigns?

While in a Galway off liscense I seen a poster With a Half Robotic rugby player with a green LED for an eye. Saying "Guinness, It's inside all of us."

Guinness ads are genius, I don't think there's ever been a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Jip wrote: »
    Guinness ads are genius, I don't think there's ever been a bad one.

The newest one,its terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement