Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Topaz... the whimiscal jingle just gets to me. Even worse when they pump it out so loud in the petrol stations... Stop the whistling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

That F***ing Autoglass ad. Its getting on my nerves. I guarantee you!! Look at the ads during home and away and it will be on, and every ad break between now and 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

Jip wrote: »
    Guinness ads are genius, I don't think there's ever been a bad one.

Are you serious?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Elmo wrote: »
    Why?

Why would I post such an abomination, or why do I not like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Faith wrote: »
    Why would I post such an abomination, or why do I not like it?

Abomination is a very good word for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is one of the worst ads ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

I want to kill autoglass man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Hardrain wrote: »
    I want to kill autoglass man
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Ah now lads.... His name is Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke. And think of all the lasses who would be deprived of his "special resin" if he wasn't around anymore. So he does callouts does he? hmmmmmmm. Wonder how much he'd be?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

phasers wrote: »
    The new Spar ad with Louis Walsh and Bertie Ahern impersonators

it makes me feel sick whenever I hear it
    That ad totally pisses me off. It's bad enough that Aherne fcuked up the country besides seeing him being glorified in that ad. The other idiot is trying to be a born again 20 year old with his dyed hair and stupid false accent. All spar are doing with this ad is keeping customers away if they want to draw customers they need to get rid of them idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭PADRAGON

I dont know whether radio is included here but every time i hear another
    'oul mister brennan ad {ack,ack,ack} i want a chainsaw in my hands.

Also Barry Scott should be gagged,then killed.In that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

PADRAGON wrote: »
    I dont know whether radio is included here but every time i hear another
    'oul mister brennan ad {ack,ack,ack} i want a chainsaw in my hands.
    Oul mister Brennan todays bread today, who the fcuk wants yesterdays bread tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Oul mister Brennan todays bread today, who the fcuk wants yesterdays bread tomorrow.
    Ha ha! True that. If "Old Mister Brennan" comes up to me with his manky stale loaf, he'll be gettin' a loaf in the head. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheRealist

Ole mister Brennan must be ancient at this stage!

On another note, if I ever meet the fúckers responsible for that 123.ie ad (animation gameshow thing) there'll be hell to pay for.

Ah now lads.... His name is Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke. And think of all the lasses who would be deprived of his "special resin" if he wasn't around anymore. So he does callouts does he? hmmmmmmm. Wonder how much he'd be?:D

He talks like he's just had a stroke. Let's also be honest here, does anyone think he wouldn't pocket the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

any of the moblie phone "games" ads make me so angry but recently there have been two that make me want to hurt people.

One about texting your name and your partners name to get the "perfect" baby name for your child. And this new "love calculator" nonsense,text both your names to find out if your relationship will last,all bakced up by some bint in a wedding dress attempting to cry. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I swear if I was talking to someone and they mentioned they paid money for this $hite I might not be responsible for what I do to them! :p Is it really stupid people they target with these things? 10 quid a month subscription for this crap,what sane person would actually subscribe for this??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

darkdubh wrote: »
    This ad thats been on for a while now,i think its for vodaphone where this fella rings up all his ex classmates and drives around the country looking them up.I cant help but notice that his classmates all look at least 10 years older than him.
    Either that or they all lead very unhealthy lifestyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pressurecooker

apologies if these are covered in the previous 90+ pages, but here are my current most annoying ads....

vodafone - that stupid command bridge look, and the "wait for it, wait for it" in anticipation of the next vote, as if they really care what the customer wants !

the cringing "Lo-Lo" cheese ad, with the real person, the animated creatures, and that awful song - will never ever buy Lo-Lo cheese, even if it was the last cheese on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

cash for gold cash for gold CASH FOR GOLD

God I hate it, even worse now that Eddie hobbs is in on it too:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That "love calculator" ad where you have to spend €2 on a text to find out if you are truly in love.

Absolute horse sh/t. If you're willing to spend €2 on this "magical service" then you are clearly an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Acacia wrote: »
    Oh my fcuking god...that new piece of sh1te for Ocean Finance.

"Hi, I'm a reh-tard with a giant lightbulb on my head. I'm going to talk inanely for two minutes with two saps at an ice-cream van about me and the wife's money problems...just like what people do in real-life..."

"Hi, I'm Jane, the reh-tard's wife ...I also have a giant lightbulb on my head...I'm watching an insurance company's TV channel with my young daughter because I'm also a reh-tard..."

Who comes up with this crap? and also why are all insurance ads so rubbish? :mad:

hahahahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

That clearasil ad. A group of teenagers outside a cinema or something. And the guy says to the girl "hey kim, can i borrow your lipstick". And then he like kisses the face off her. Wtf? That is sucha crap ad. What does it have to do with clear skin??

and the state of him then- see the head he pulls when he finishes kissing her- hes trying to do the elvis lip and ends up looking like a fish who had a stroke

The ad on ITV with the fat cockney in the middle of it shouting 'WONGA'

He's a youtube sensation!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnMT663_jjI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

I ****ing hate those cadburys chocolate adverts with those daft ****ing kids. A Tans advert if ever there was one. Ass holes on NTL channels talking about debt/Loan management, Loans, and speaking of Which. Eddie Hobbs can **** off too. It's a lovely example of the way this country was going before the boom came to an end. "Sell your farm, sell your house, get millions more than you ever dreamed of." Yeah, then what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Hate that ad for vodaphone with this wan calling herself"the queen of thrift" is shopping in a charity shop.The moment where she says "Ohh ,polkadots"the camera shows a close up of her fat,spotty face.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I think radio ads are way, way more annoying than anything on tv because they have to over emphasise everything and be really loud to get your attention. Like that harvery norman ad. Anyways, one that's really pissing me off at the moment is for some computer where they have a voiceover for this annoying d4 student..thank god we don't all talk like that..

anyways, glad to see an artist in London is getting his own back :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_decapitator/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

The fella who wants to do a long brown one at Paul's house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Snack bar ads- just shight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NITFBY

That_Guy wrote: »
    That "love calculator" ad where you have to spend €2 on a text to find out if you are truly in love.

Absolute horse sh/t. If you're willing to spend €2 on this "magical service" then you are clearly an idiot.

Totally agree. Its amazing what people will fall for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

The coke add,with the guy drinking a coke and you can hear him swallow it,I have to put it on mute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement