Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

AGGGH there's a UK Autoglass man now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That hairgel ad with the army recruits getting a haircut always has me reaching for the mute button due to that horrible squeaky music that comes in half way through.Complete headwreck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm really hating that ''Injurylawyers4u" sh1te that's on the English TV channels every five minutes with some ugly old scrote explaining what an ''injury'' is and what ''lawyers'' are..."FOR YOU!"

Sort out your fcuking hair, ffs!

The Dublin Autoglass man is quite yummy though, he almost, just almost, makes up for the annoying jingle - "Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace!"

Can somebody please explain what an 80-year-old emo kid and his "BAR-GINS!" has to do with Aviva insurance? :mad: Annoys the fcuk out of me.

2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I hate most ads and press the mute button until they are over, but mobile phone subscription ads are probably some of the worst. There is one at the moment where you can get a fuel gauge wallpaper that shows how much power is left on your phone all for the cost of at least 2Euro. This comes in handy for those that don't realise that all phones come with a free battery gauge that is ever present in the corner of your screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

That insurance ad with the same people talking to each other in two different cars.

"Kev" "Bev". My name is Kev. I got this ****e for years.

****ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Meteor ad with those smug twats sitting around talking about there having to be a catch is the one that really bothers me now, every single one of the fúckers has the most irritating expression on their faces it makes me want to put the remote through the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Thargor wrote: »
    That Meteor ad with those smug twats sitting around talking about there having to be a catch is the one that really bothers me now, every single one of the fúckers has the most irritating expression on their faces it makes me want to put the remote through the screen.

Well thats the catch,because the ad annoys the hell out of you and you want to put your remote through the screen...same as me i dont see the point of the bloody ad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

darkdubh wrote: »
    That hairgel ad with the army recruits getting a haircut always has me reaching for the mute button due to that horrible squeaky music that comes in half way through.Complete headwreck!
    Yeah,it's like chalk on a blackboard.And even without it that bunch of smug tossers get my goat.The drill sargent should have given em 100 push ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

The "poo at Pauls" ad is commercial advertising's nadir. An open letter from Paul's mother is here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I have an endless list of ads that make me want to shoot the tv (Elvis style :D)

1. That Actimel ad where your one is doing that presentation thing. It's her creepy, false smile that gets to me....

2. The Auto Repair ad. Astoundingly crap even by crap ads standards.

3. Alpen. "That would be sexist" Its like, so ironic. :rolleyes:

4. Any ad that promotes overpriced ring tones for mobile phones.

5. Go Harvey Go! That tune (and the loud voiced commentator) rattles my nerves....:D

7. The Meteor Ad. Agree with the comments above about facial expressions. I too would love to meet those people and throw them out the big window they are sitting beside!!!! A certain smugness alright.

8. Any Bulmers Ads. Particularly the "less bumble, more buzz". one.

9. Diet Coke. The one where all these "fun" type people are drinking it. Pressing faces against office windows and pinching blokes backsides for a laugh and all other crazy stuff. It churns my stomach everytime it comes on...

10. Every other ad really....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That kerrygold ad where the couple are leaving their home in rural ireland for berlin and she's pregnant so the da' to be goes and digs a bit of 'the auld sod' to bring with them so that the first soil it stands on is irish!!!!!!!!!

WTF has that got to do with butter?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

i think its an ad for a sony tv or something. Theres a couple of different ones with the same theme. 2 people watching telly and all of a sudden the camera zooms around the back of the head of one person and you can see little versions of them sitting in the back of her head watching tv.

Theres one particular red haired girl and when she stops and looks forward she has a stupid look on her face.

And that ad for "the Byrne Ultimatum" where we hear John Bishop say "do you see whats goin' on". Its on the whole time and makes me wanna throw the tv out the bloody window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

and also the bit of that ad where Byrne shouts "sugar knockers"

actually just all of that ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

sorry if this has been done before

The new febreeze ad with the girl saying "wow fresh!" at the end how cheesy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There's this ad out at the moment,forget what it's for,with this D4 couple preparing to go to a reunion and someone rings yer wan and she decides she's going to stay at home.I just dont get it,it's like a punchline is supposed to come but it's all very mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Jayob10 wrote: »
    i think its an ad for a sony tv or something. Theres a couple of different ones with the same theme. 2 people watching telly and all of a sudden the camera zooms around the back of the head of one person and you can see little versions of them sitting in the back of her head watching tv.

Theres one particular red haired girl and when she stops and looks forward she has a stupid look on her face.

Ah yes these are the Xbox ad's, think I mentioned it on here a while back, especially that dopey looking Red head with the Rubber lips, actually looks like Microsoft Cut half her head open and removed her brain, at least I haven't seen this ad on for the last couple of months lets hope it doesn't make a comeback with the run up to xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

congo_90 wrote: »
    sorry if this has been done before

The new febreeze ad with the girl saying "wow fresh!" at the end how cheesy!

She is very weird....

Just wondering about the new meteor ads is that marian from Bosco thats the tea lady????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i hate all ads they just annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

megapixel wrote: »
    Just wondering about the new meteor ads is that marian from Bosco thats the tea lady????

I think it's Rosemary Henderson who was Sister Assumpta on Father Ted. Or as I remember her, Grabbit who used to co-host a Saturday morning kids show on RTÉ in the early 90's with her co-host Fetchit (Grabbit and Fetchit get it?) and Pajo the talking rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

darkdubh wrote: »
    There's this ad out at the moment,forget what it's for,with this D4 couple preparing to go to a reunion and someone rings yer wan and she decides she's going to stay at home.I just dont get it,it's like a punchline is supposed to come but it's all very mysterious.

It was the babysitter saying she couldn't come so yer woman is all like "oh great I get to stay home with the kids and eat all this (overpriced) stuff from Centra while my husband goes to his stupid reunion which I didn't want to go to anyways"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I see that botoxed-up woman in the TV licence ad says "It's hard to tell because of the procedure" instead of the botox now. Er, why?

And the Kerrygold Irish soil ad makes me want to throw up a bit in my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

That new ad for An Post telling business to fill up the envelope containing their bills with loads of rubbish junk mail, why would they ENCOURAGE people to do that? That is the worst sort of junk mail, as it is very easy to throw something important out with it. I hate it with a passion when my eircom bill or whatever comes stuffed with some "magazine" keeping me up to date. Waste of paper, straight into the bin, yet now I risk not knowing price changes etc. And here we have An Post trying to get more companies to do this.

OK maybe it's not so much the ad that annoys me rather than the product it is advertising...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Jayob10 wrote: »

That add just freaks me out in the worst way. Yeuch!
    and +1 for the Kerrygold advert. Why don't they just redo the scene from Last Tango in Paris using Kerrygold. At least that would be an ad that relates to butter by showing an alternative use for it.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

anyone seen the ad for some furniture place with celia holman lee (who is she again) who trying to convince us she'd buy any of the stuff she's sitting on. everything is 4 nigh nigh........only 2 nigh nigh........6 nigh nigh.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they should have left if ad the even hundred, she may have been able to pronounce that !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I'm torn between hating the current Avonmore Milk ad campaign for those stupid milk cartons with handles and the utterly pointless Coco pops ad with those ridiculous dancing animated milkmen WTF - is that seriously the best the ad company could come up with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Kingsmill 'confession' ads PPFFFH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Bad CGI Louis Walsh and Bertie, why did they bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Bad CGI Louis Walsh and Bertie, why did they bother?

Personally I couldnt hate anyone more than I hate Bertie at the moment?
    Why on earth would you put him in an advert to sell your goods? And then add to that the irritating Louis Walsh??
    Two Spa's to promote one spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cadbury Fair Trade- Gives me the heebee geebees

• Advertisement

it's not actually a tv ad but a radio ad but anyways I hate it - it's the one with the voice of the guy who owned the house in bachelor's walk - think that it's my-home.ie - that guys faux dulcit tones just drive me mad. in fact if I hear his voice on the radio in the car I instantly change channel. almost (but not quite) as annoying as Orla Barry's voice (Newstalk presenter).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement