Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

'moycot fresh chicken'(or what ever its called) ad with the rapping chicken. Absolute shite advert.

the advert for home focus. With the girl and her stupid smile walking though the store with some toolbag singing 'give your home a focus now'.

How in gods name to people have a job in that industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Namlub wrote: »
    There seems to be a raft of ads involving stage school brats with mini-D4 accents around and they do my head in.

Oh God, I hate those ba$tard ads so much. They have me close to kicking in my car radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Agree! :D

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but it is back on our screens again. The Meteor one where those two zombies get locked in the freezer. Both lad and lass are intensely annoying but her especially. She has the manners of a sewer rat with her "do this, do that" demands. But it is when she opens her eyes wide and comes out with "yeah, in 4 hours" in a like, so sarcastic tone :rolleyes: when yer mano won't ring anyone else that really makes my skin feel like it is crawling with maggots.

If I was him, I would wait for Tim, run out as quickly as possible and shut the freezer door again before that one can get out. :D

Meteor do seem to get the sh!ttest most obnoxious people for their ads. Remember those talk/text ads with those really annoying southside birds bating the crap out of each other. shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 36,245 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've no doubt it's been mentioned.

'i want a pooooooooooooooo'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

any ad's that get on your tits?

oh I dunno...all of em :confused:

better to say which ones I like, the honda ones, so welll done. Theres others, but with all the rubbish ones now they have faded from memory!

oh definately the Cillet Naag one actually...ey BARRY (you knob)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Meteor do seem to get the sh!ttest most obnoxious people for their ads. Remember those talk/text ads with those really annoying southside birds bating the crap out of each other. shudder

Whatever happenned to the only decent ad Meteor ever made for I think some sort of text package where they were putting notes into the paws of little fluffy squashy mole type animals and throwing them out windows at other tall buildings across the way and hitting the windows because they were closed? That was hilarious. It was real. I didn't dream it. At the very worst it may have been an ad for some other phone company but it IS real.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I hate the way Eircom act like that they invented the internet in all of their ads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

population wrote: »
    I hate the way Eircom act like that they invented the internet in all of their ads

I am liking the current Eircom customers returning ad. As the repaint and sand down their red vodafone doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Has anyone seen the advert for peter mark? With the blond woman and the stupid hair?

shes on their site too. I've never wanted to burn down an establishment more in my life after seeing their advert. Im physically raging at the state of her and her retarded fucking pout and stupid eyes. She looks like a complete tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

This one is easy for me. That Go Compare ad with the guy like the opera singer. I swear, anytime that comes on the TV I hit the mute button or change the channel. It has also made me decide that I would use every other comparison site rather than that one.

The ad has completely turned me away from that site. Although I'm sure as usual, those sites are rubbish if you are located in Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've no doubt it's been mentioned.

'i want a pooooooooooooooo'

has popped up once or twice :p

ad was crap then and is even more crap now

This one is easy for me. That Go Compare ad with the guy like the opera singer. I swear, anytime that comes on the TV I hit the mute button or change the channel. It has also made me decide that I would use every other comparison site rather than that one.

The ad has completely turned me away from that site. Although I'm sure as usual, those sites are rubbish if you are located in Ireland :D

There is another one of those sites advertised by one of the Dragon's from the BBC version. He is running around with a shopping trolly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nooner09

Whatever happenned to the only decent ad Meteor ever made for I think some sort of text package where they were putting notes into the paws of little fluffy squashy mole type animals and throwing them out windows at other tall buildings across the way and hitting the windows because they were closed? That was hilarious. It was real. I didn't dream it. At the very worst it may have been an ad for some other phone company but it IS real.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPj7EmbG5vw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hi Ben Dunne here,

I just want to let you know about my new product .... x.

People want 3 things from x.

1) y
    2) z

and 3) price.

So come on over and bla bla bla.

I swear its like he sponsors newstalk!

nooner09 wrote: »

Nooner THANK YOU so much! Not alone have you convinced me that I am not going nuts and imagining good adverts but you have convinced me that it IS possible for Meteor to actually produce a good advert. I loved it then and I love it even more now.

On the pooing at paul's house topic I am having a little sign made for the door of my downstairs toilet which simply says.... "Paul's House". Problem solved.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

them avonmore ads when the weather is on are horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't know if it's just me but when Ben Dunne's ad's are on it sounds like he's forgotten what he's supposed to say half way through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

That stupid car ad with those sock puppets shoutin C'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

tech77 wrote: »
    I just think it's just a stupid ad.
    The premise is:
    Guy would prefer they both freeze to death than spend 20-30c on a life-saving one minute call to one his mates.

No matter how you slice it, that has nothing to do with the cost of vodafone/meteor/o2 calls.
    It has everything to do with one guy's poor judgement/incredible stinginess and/or mental health problems.

It makes no sense at all. All I can think of when I see it is that he planned the whole thing so he can have his way with her frozen corpse.

The AIB Tempelogue woman ad annoys me for many reasons but mainly for one admittedly nerdy one. It shows her as a little girl beside a Tempelogue sign with postal district 6W. The "W" wasn't added until 1985 so a say 10 year old from 1985 would be in her mid thirties now and not an older lady as featured in the ad.

Of course maybe the ad is set in the far future which is not an unreasonable theory seeing that it features AIB giving out loans to people:p

Don't know why the Botox TV license ad was changed; we actually make Botox in Ireland but I don't think its a trade-marked name.

This reminds me of other changed ads. Years ago there a radio ad for Copper Face Jacks with Bill Clinton talking about how he loved visiting Coppers and meeting "fine young Irish nurses". After about a week, "nurses" was changed to "cailins".

Then there was the Quick Fit ad where "We're the Boys to Trust" became "We're the Ones to Trust"

That ad with the dancing baby for "Play Talk Read" to get Scottish moms to do more to develop the intelligence of their babies. Why bother? They'll still be scottish!:D

• Advertisement

And the miserable saddos asking us to donate blood on the same channel. Natural selection I say if it rids the world of miserable gits like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

"Dunnes Stores- the difference is we're Irish"

Where do I start ?

Oh and any Coke/Diet Coke ads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

hairymick wrote: »
    For anyone who banks with AIB when your queing in the bank they have these tv screens showing their tv ads in rotation.The woman from Terenure,the up and coming actor fella etc.Theres one in particular featuring a horse breeder,he has to be the most evil,ruthless looking basterd i've ever seen particulerly the scenes where he's at an auction and the camera focuses on his face.He looks like the kind of guy who'd run you over in his jeep and not bat an eyelid.
    Yeah,seen that .He looks like a cross between Ben Dunne and John Gotti.That actor lad is an annoying twerp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The ad saluting people who drive out of their way to a bottle bank.

The energy saving isn't justified. And I don't think there is a shortage of sand. It's actually just an ego massage here in Ireland where we don't recycle glass :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

i'll second i feel like killing the fat eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Elmo wrote: »
    The new 11850 guys.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pdWoGDeaLLY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdWoGDeaLLY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I hate those bastards,
    I really hate the new Eircom bundles adverts where trendy guy in very spacious naturally lit room is talking to all sorts from the twat who wants to keep in contact with a dane(move to Denmark mate it'll be cheaper)
    and the animated drawings of what we are being offered.
    WOW 30mins a month to any mobile networks(you lose the free calls to meteor) where do I sign up.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

"Dunnes Stores- the difference is we're Irish"

Where do I start ?

Oh and any Coke/Diet Coke ads

Only a matter of time before Dunnes sell out to some British chain like "Asda" or whatever. In which case they will have to change their slogan to "the difference is we're NOT Irish!"

I thought Dunnes had been sold to Walmart recently? If they haven't then I am even more peeved about the slide in the quality of their Savida range. I wasn't buying it anymore, but I was forgiving it on the basis that any chain owned by Walmart was bound to be sh1te!:mad:

I thought Dunnes had been sold to Walmart recently?

Nah it was a rumour (or it at least wasn't confirmed).

• Advertisement

CUCINA wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before Dunnes sell out to some British chain like "Asda" or whatever. In which case they will have to change their slogan to "the difference is we're NOT Irish!"

Then they would be that different, unless sold to Walmart so they could then change it to the "Difference is we are American, rather than German or British, who do you trust more to feed you?"

Current week of ads on 3e asking people to buy Irish food, where do I begin. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement