Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

That Flora Pro-Active ad where they are all waiting to get their results (results of what I don't know), and then are really shocked/pleased when they get them.

I challenge anyone to find an ad on TV currently that is even more stupid and annoying than that one!

NOooooooooooooooooo!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

The absolute prat with the long hair, eye liner and stupid looking teeth

up your viva

red_ice wrote: »
    The absolute prat with the long hair, eye liner and stupid looking teeth

up your viva

Too much gum... not a good tooth to gum ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

The Shredded Wheat ad where the woman all tell their view on the product. It is such a formulaic way of doing an ad but this one really irritates me. It is obviously a bunch of actors given the same script and asked to do their performance of it.

That other ad that get me is the one where the mother throws a tantrum to stop her kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

That actimel ad with the irish broadcaster (cloana something, maybe? cant remember) telling us how healthy actimel is. This is even more annoying because the ad (or the english equivilent) was banned by the ASA for not being able to scientifically back up its claims. (In fact,recently, Efsa rejected 180 claims made by the various probiotic drinks that they where healthy: 10 because of lack of evidence, 170 because the ingredient in question could not be identified).
    Ads where they are clearly lying to people to scare monger them into buying products are one of the most irritating things in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That actimel ad with the irish broadcaster (cloana something, maybe? cant remember) telling us how healthy actimel is. This is even more annoying because the ad (or the english equivilent) was banned by the ASA for not being able to scientifically back up its claims. (In fact,recently, Efsa rejected 180 claims made by the various probiotic drinks that they where healthy: 10 because of lack of evidence, 170 because the ingredient in question could not be identified).
    Ads where they are clearly lying to people to scare monger them into buying products are one of the most irritating things in the world

While we can't complain officially about "poo at paul's" we can with this ad so go do it: -

BAI or the former BCC broadcasting complaint commission should be contacted and/or the IASI.

www.bai.ie, www.bcc.ie, www.iasi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Elmo wrote: »
    While we can't complain officially about "poo at paul's" we can with this ad so go do it: -

BAI or the former BCC broadcasting complaint commission should be contacted and/or the IASI.

www.bai.ie, www.bcc.ie, www.iasi.ie

Thanks, I'm filling out a form now, but I will have to figure out what station I saw the offending ad on though, hopefully I'll email it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

that yoghurt that "improves digestive transit" ..... what a lovely way to say it makes you ****e!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

The Yorkie ad with the ref and the girl soccer player is really starting to annoy me

Girl getting booked ...

Ref: "Name please .."

Girl: "I've already got a boy-friend" and walks off

The above exchange makes no sense to me. Maybe it was originally written with him asking for her (shirt) number but if so, why did they change it ??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The cereal ad with the little singing fcuker in the cubard.Not funny,surreal for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

baalthor wrote: »
    The Yorkie ad with the ref and the girl soccer player is really starting to annoy me

Girl getting booked ...

Ref: "Name please .."

Girl: "I've already got a boy-friend" and walks off

The above exchange makes no sense to me. Maybe it was originally written with him asking for her (shirt) number but if so, why did they change it ??

Are you a girl?

darkdubh wrote: »
    The cereal ad with the little singing fcuker in the cubard.Not funny,surreal for the sake of it.

Ditto. A stupid ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

darkdubh wrote: »

yeah that bloke in the cupboard, what has that to do with breakfast cereal, he looks like the kinda bloke you warn your kids about !
    The one i hate most at the mo is the new one from LOW LOW, for cheese.
    it consists of a white rat/mouse running over the cheese in traps and then nibbling at he bag at the end............if ever i wanted to consume cheese it's after watching a rat crawling all over it. who are the genuises who come up with these concepts..........and how do i get that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Yorkie Ads, and the Rice Krispie ads with the stupid little girl saying "Is it reeeeeal?"

Nails on a chalkboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The new Weetabix ad with the horse and jockey is brutal!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Them Rice Crispy ads are dire alright, feed their imagination etc, 4uck off.

I have to look away now when that windowlicking bitch on the Avanmore ad comes on before and after the weather, its unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That karaoke game ad with I Get Around in it, purely because the peoples' singing offends my ears.

The RTE ad with the guy with a telly for a head and claiming that he does not "know where my head is these days".

Please RTE, no more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

".....were just passing through...."

:mad:

• Advertisement

Oh god yeah how'd I forget that :p

They are some of the most repulsive ads Ive ever seen, so glad I only eat in Supermacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The RTE ad with the guy with a telly for a head and claiming that he does not "know where my head is these days".

Please RTE, no more! :D
    They're trying to appeal to the kids yo, don't hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There's a whole series of annoying vodaphone ads out at the moment ,like that smug get going on about a white Christmass.And the guy with the big nose hooking up with other big nosers.At the end of it he looks like he's going to perform some nonconsentual ramrodding on "button nosed Ben".

Oh yeah I hate those ads, the way he says, "hey babe, c'mere" in a really smug voice at the end aswell, very annoying.

I see Avanmore have replaced that mong at long last, Im guessing the freckly little kid is going to be just as annoying before too long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nooner09

"SNOW CHANCE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the Burger King ad annoys me. It's the one with a bloke with a thick bog accent selling "recession buster" burgers. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the Burger King ad annoys me. It's the one with a bloke with a thick bog accent selling "recession buster" burgers. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

there is an ad out at moment for selling sofas - don't know company name. In the middle of showing their fab sofas they have this girl in short skirt doing a little dance and twirl - i'm not sure if they are taking the mickey or what but it looks daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

livvy wrote: »
    there is an ad out at moment for selling sofas - don't know company name. In the middle of showing their fab sofas they have this girl in short skirt doing a little dance and twirl - i'm not sure if they are taking the mickey or what but it looks daft.

Is that the 1 with the mind blowing special effects from the seventies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Do the fellow in the Miller ad(The lad on the bike) Pay for the beer he come out right away:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement