Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The Kerry Gold ad. "They export all our best stuff."

Isn't Kerry Gold made in Germany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Vagante

Dont know if Kerrygold is made in Germany but I hate that add with that bitter old woman in it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Those Knorr soup ads are really annoying me at the moment

"You can tell a lot about someone from the way they eat soup" - shut up you stupid, irritating little girl. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

That new advert about the BER Rating - the message and the reasoning for the certificates a wholly agree with but god that couple who are looking for the certificate are a smug bunch and I if they turned up at my house they would be getting a boot out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The new eircom ad gets on my wick!

Woman rings eircom support, saying "the monster has pulled out all the wires"

The twit in "support" says "press reset".

If the cables are pulled out, what is "pressing reset" meant to do, ffs ?

Impression from ad : our support team won't listen to the problem at all, and will just suggest random things from a checklist!

FAIL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Is that the 1 with the mind blowing special effects from the seventies

I think it is - will pay more attention next time and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Impression from ad : our support team won't listen to the problem at all, and will just suggest random things from a checklist!

FAIL!

At least their being honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

The xmas Iceland ad with that Nolan woman and Jason Donevan gets my vote.

That why mums shop at Iceland I'll be avoiding Iceland like the plague!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

All these new vodafone ads are wrecking my head. Absolutly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I saw an ad this evening for JML @ Tesco products that included a woman removing dead skin from a callous with a scraper (deadly Xmas pressie idea!) and it showed her emptying the shaven contents of the implement into a bin. I nearly saw my dinner again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Autoglass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The new Texaco ads with the Americans talking about their American cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    "the monster has pulled out all the wires"

Ironic considering I would consider this to be a metaphor for Eircom to be honest... these ads with that soft spoken gay lad with the stupid smeg really gets on my nerves. Anybody I usually speak to in Eircom is foreign, and they in no way have the "caring" attitude that is portrayed in the ad.

A client of mine changed back to Eircom having been with another provider.. Rang them, went through the procedure of moving over the phone... Nothing happened (IP on the router didnt change after reboot) in the next while so they rang Eircom back.. Eircom had no record of her having changed back... Went through the same moving procedure again.. Similarly nothing was happening after a few days, rang Eircom again, AGAIN they had no record of her requesting a move. They are AWFUL and to portray Eircom support as anything else is disingenuous in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

darkdubh wrote: »
    There's a whole series of annoying vodaphone ads out at the moment ,like that smug get going on about a white Christmass.And the guy with the big nose hooking up with other big nosers.At the end of it he looks like he's going to perform some nonconsentual ramrodding on "button nosed Ben".
    Ha,ha.Was thinking that myself.It's like a scene from OZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Those Knorr soup ads are really annoying me at the moment

"You can tell a lot about someone from the way they eat soup" - shut up you stupid, irritating little girl. :mad::mad:
    Seconded!I turn over when that awful brat comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Have just seen it for the first time but I hate it already.

It is for some "Energy Saving Rating" on houses where this couple are looking around a house that is almost completely red.

I don't ever want to see it again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't understand why people continue to put smug **** in their ads.

That housey energy one and that soup girl are the worst right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

The One Direct ads with the stupid musical jingle that sounds like pan pipes crossed with a xylophone.

"You'll be glad you called"

Really? I DID call, and the feckers wouldn't give me car insurance.

Having said that, I drive like a shaved monkey, so maybe they were right to turn me down...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That dreadful Bertie/Louie Walsh Spar Ad - what muppet thought that idea through eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Meteor ad atm! Aaaargh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    That dreadful Bertie/Louie Walsh Spar Ad - what muppet thought that idea through eh?
    Yeah, that irritates me too. I have to switch it off each time. Such a crap ad.:(

And the other ad for One Direct where yer man shouts at the end "THAT'S 1890.......". F**kin' hate it. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenbrennan

The ones that sell the ringtones, jamster i think it is.

Text 50256 for dizzie rascal, 50257 for shakira.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lenbrennan wrote: »
    The ones that sell the ringtones, jamster i think it is.

Text 50256 for dizzie rascal, 50257 for shakira.....
    The only ones that are worse are the ones for actual sound effects ringtones.

"Text StickItUpYourHole for a Rapping Chimpanzee"

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Have just seen it for the first time but I hate it already.
    It is for some "Energy Saving Rating" on houses where this couple are looking around a house that is almost completely red.
    I don't ever want to see it again. :mad:
    phasers wrote: »
    I don't understand why people continue to put smug **** in their ads.

That housey energy one...

lol this follows on from the BER ads on radio a few months back...some marble mouthed aul wan saying that you must have a BER certifictae: "It's the law!".
    This is the same woman they use to voice the TV ad, except this time instead of trying to scare sellers into getting the cert, they try and goad potential buyers to chase up sellers for the cert by telling them "It's your right!".
    F*ck right off...what about all the shoddily built "houses" thrown up over the last 10 years? Where were laws and rights for people then?

On topic: that godamn f*cking stupid arsed McD's ad about this type and that type and key jangling something or others...shove your sh*tty food and your corporate branding into the nearest skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Wertz wrote: »
    On topic: that godamn f*cking stupid arsed McD's ad about this type and that type and key jangling something or tohers...shove your sh*tty food and your corporate branding into the nearest skip.

"... Just Passing By...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

OOOOOOkay!

Just one question:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

i really hate those retarded spar ads with bertie and louis walsh, they annoy me so much like i get worked up :mad: like the new one about "x-factor twins" c'mon like!!! and also hate the old mace ads with kenny egan punching the deals! oh god i hated that ad, egan milking it for all its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

dorgasm wrote: »
    and also hate the old mace ads with kenny egan punching the deals! oh god i hated that ad, egan milking it for all its worth
    Yes, the one where he was punching a packet of toilet roll. Some people will do anything for money. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

el diablo wrote: »
    Yes, the one where he was punching a packet of toilet roll. Some people will do anything for money. :rolleyes:

Have some respect, the man represented Ireland in the Olympics, won a medal, might have got gold were it not for a scoring system error, became a legend on the world stage, and then had to go back to live in the Dutch Village in Clondalkin and drink in Boomers.

If punching toilet roll helps you get through the hard times, then punch away, our Ken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I despise those Gillette ads with Federer, Woods....and that french guy...can't think of his name....

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement