Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

amdublin wrote: »
    The new Texaco ads with the Americans talking about their American cars.
    "A Texaco text message from Brad/Chad/whatever..."
    In what way is that a text message and why would I buy petrol as a result of this ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

yea, definitely with you there, Brad/chad is a bit of a dic&-head. Exactly how putting a particular petrol into your €500 heap that you've put €20,000 worth of stereo equipment and a few light strips into protects your "investment" is beyond me. But I drive a Toyota, so that makes me Mrs Sensible anyway and they don't want my business.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

fricatus wrote: »

There's one where the guy makes the snow in the yard and goes "Merry Christmas babe" as she looks out the window. I'd fuppin' love it if his naked brother peeped out from behind her, up in the bedroom window. Now that would be a funny ad! :D

Don't get me started! :D:p

An absolutely brain dead ad. Do these people actually exist? I know there is artistic license at play here but even that is suppose to represent some people in society.

The tosspot in the ad creates 3 foot of snow in a small shed. Please, make it 7 foot, enough to bury you and rid the world of your annoying, self satisfied existence. :mad:

One more thing regarding the snow-tosspot..... any guy I know would be well fed up with such a high maintenance woman as that (saying "surprise me" is just woman code for "it had better be something no-one else has EVER received or else you are for the road boyo!") . So most men I know may well have gone to all that trouble to get the snow into her front yard.... but they would definitely not have been able to resist the urge to PISS the words Happy Christmas into the snow for her to read for herself. But then my ad wouldnt have much to do with fones and maybe the men I know are all oddballs. Id still prefer them to that git though. He should grow some snowballs, dump yer wan and get himself a real woman.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The new Texaco ads with the Americans talking about their American cars.

One reason that Brad/Chad/Tad/Nad might sound so cheerful is that his litre of Texaco costs him the equivalent of 45 euro cent in Bunghole Nebraska, whereas my litre of Texaco costs me €1.19 on the N7.

How bout Texaco cut the spending on sh*te , smug, irrelevant-to-the-market advertising, and using it to kick-start the plan to knock a few cent off the price of petrol here instead?

It's petrol for f*cks sake. Brand loyalty me bollix. 50% of our purchases depend on where we are when we're seconds away from running out of fuel; and the other 50% on which of you have the cheapest product. We dont give a tuppeny crap about Brad/Chad/Tad/Nad's sound system, we care about which forecourt billboard has the lowest number on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

One more thing regarding the snow-tosspot..... any guy I know would be well fed up with such a high maintenance woman as that (saying "surprise me" is just woman code for "it had better be something no-one else has EVER received or else you are for the road boyo!") . So most men I know may well have gone to all that trouble to get the snow into her front yard.... but they would definitely not have been able to resist the urge to PISS the words Happy Christmas into the snow for her to read for herself. But then my ad wouldnt have much to do with fones and maybe the men I know are all oddballs. Id still prefer them to that git though. He should grow some snowballs, dump yer wan and get himself a real woman.;)

It's a stupid ad.

And what is this big snow of 81 your man is going on about.

Everyone knows the Big Snow was 1982. Check out this thread - vodafone contacted a boardsie about using his photo but instead they went with a silly photo of a "big snow" that never existed :confused:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055468647

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

It's a stupid ad.

And what is this big snow of 81 your man is going on about.

Everyone knows the Big Snow was 1982. Check out this thread - vodafone contacted a boardsie about using his photo but instead they went with a silly photo of a "big snow" that never existed :confused:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055468647
    And how would the tosser remember it?He dosent look old enough to have been born then.

This is how I see it.

I got this here. Obviously being a woman this peeing in the snow thing is new to me. Excuse the handshake. You can pee your own vodafone ad like I did here. Maybe we can suggest something useful for the folks at vodafone?
    http://pi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/snow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Where did they find those 2 monsters who apperar with Tubs in the toy show promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ollaetta wrote: »
    Being an ad for a supposedly good cause doesn't excuse this ultra annoying sh1te:

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet???????

No, goat, we're not. But when we do get there I hope they slit your fuppin throat!!!!
    Yep, that ad really gets my goat... ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The ads for the generic hay fever tablet, cold sore cream etc

They are just as expensive as the branded stuff.

Meteor ad designted to encourage boyfriends to buy ****e €99 fone for the girlfriend and in return she strips down to her sexy santa undies and sends him a picture message of herself. Words fail me as to the misogyny of this one.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Meteor ad designted to encourage boyfriends to buy ****e €99 fone for the girlfriend and in return she strips down to her sexy santa undies and sends him a picture message of herself. Words fail me as to the misogyny of this one.:mad:

Thats a 3 ad. The Meteor one is the one with the carolers.
    Savage stuff that ad

Speaking of savage phone ads..
    The Vodafone one where the dude rings Joe Duffy.

'OI'VE A MAN FRUM CLUNTHARF'

Those Bulmers ads,dreadfull stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BODYFORM...................

Bodyform for comfort......

Bodyform for confidence............

Bodyform for youoooooooooooo..........................

........while you run around in your freshly ironed white trousers/jeans/bikini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

Those Injury Lawyers For You adverts with Johnny Allen from Eastenders. Who thought it would be a good idea to get a guy who plays the baddie in every role he's ever had to be the face for a company supposedly trying to win our trust!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

That add for deodrant with someone rattling on about how your skin has certain rights - think its for Sanex, but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That Carlsberg ad that's on now is awful. Yer woman in it has the most awful voice ever! And a bizarre accent :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

phasers wrote: »
    That Carlsberg ad that's on now is awful. Yer woman in it has the most awful voice ever! And a bizarre accent :confused:
    Which one?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

The new ad for something along the lines of nicotin. (can't remember which one.)
    The guy has the strangest accent and voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

phasers wrote: »

I reckon it's a Danish accent for authenticity.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The recent WKD ads :mad: Any man that drinks that shít should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

el diablo wrote: »
    Which one?
    There's a fella on a horse, and some voiceover woman (Danish? Thanks Lord Lucan!- I thought she was Scouse :pac:) gives this pretentious speech about how amazing carlsberg is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

lord lucan wrote: »

Yes, that's correct. I know some Danish people and that's exactly how they speak.

I must say I'm fond of Danish people but their language sounds pure weird. I've heard someone compare it to someone with a speech defect telling you they're choking. I reckon they're not far wrong. If you get to know any Danish people, it will not take them long to try and get you to say their favourite tongue twister: "rødgrød med fløde", which is the name of a dessert (red berries with cream).

Check out this video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

That bloody Curry's ad where the guy comes around to his married friends and outstays his welcome is on nearly every ad break over Christmas. I know one shop I won't be going into.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

lord lucan wrote: »

My ma actually thinks that's a British woman trying to do a Danish accent.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

This ad is really pissing me off atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Been a while since I've witnessed Irish TV ads, but there was one over the christmas for some bed company with two sumo wrestlers fighting and bouncing on them. A bit homoerotic and completely bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The PC World ones- only two nine nine , save 100 euros!!!

Hate the British accent on it aswell. Suppose saved them money on VoiceOver artists and they passed the savings onto us!

• Advertisement

That Northern Irish fire safety ad with people who are supposed to be dead being tut tutted at by this horrible condesending woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement