Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

those go compare insurance ads with the pavarotti a-like are the worst at the moment imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Does Gabreil Byrne do the voice over for O2 Broadband?

Terrible ads in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

The new Baileys ad with the woman singing along to bits of either "Baby it's cold outside" or "Let it snow".

Really annoys me for some reason, grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

There's some programme on Irish tv at the moment being sponsored by a furniture company, there's a terrible bit of a guy pretending to take photos of his family on the couch and they're annoyed or something. Hard to describe but it's very irritating to watch.

Also has anyone else noticed that Garret Lombard (Scobie, Pure Mule) is doing voiceovers for half the ads on tv. See the new Opel one as an example. I just can't take him seriously, and then he says something in German too.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Evian ad with the rollerskating babies, gross!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

ashyle wrote: »
    Evian ad with the rollerskating babies, gross!
    Horrible,horrible ad.When will advertising execs realise computer generated babies are just freakish and not one bit cute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I like the roller skate babies!!!

I hate:

1. The awful VHI ads (cartoon ones)
    2. The furniture ones with Celia Holman Lee
    3. And worst of all: an ad for something I don't even know what it is: The 3e plan or something with silly american/irish accents

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Why .. why are they 'selling' us tasteless crisps by getting gary feckin linekar in his nip?!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

amdublin wrote: »
    I like the roller skate babies!!!

I hate:

1. The awful VHI ads (cartoon ones)
    2. The furniture ones with Celia Holman Lee
    3. And worst of all: an ad for something I don't even know what it is: The 3e plan or something with silly american/irish accents

that VHI ad where the bird was talking about going to Kenya and shi1ting herself that she may have to visit a Kenya hospital...."iT was like O MY GODH"....with the cartoon of a stupid elephant. PATHETIC AND BLASPHEMOUS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

inabina wrote: »
    that VHI ad where the bird was talking about going to Kenya and shi1ting herself that she may have to visit a Kenya hospital...."iT was like O MY GODH"....with the cartoon of a stupid elephant. PATHETIC AND BLASPHEMOUS:mad:
    Yep, there's a thread here somewhere about that crap ad.
    I thought if I got sick in Kenya, it would be Oh My God, but it was brilliant.
    :rolleyes:

Here's the thread. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

inabina wrote: »

That was Jane who was glad she had VHI insurance cause she got the ****s on her honeymoon.

God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I think that Kenya-VHI ad is offensive! Yeah cos they use elephants as ambulances!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

That new Niquitin ad with some bloke called David McDonnell talking about giving up the smokes. He's got the most annoying voice ever.

I need a fag after watching that mong talking about quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Why .. why are they 'selling' us tasteless crisps by getting gary feckin linekar in his nip?!

Mr Tayto should give him a kick in the nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Rollerskating Babies?!?! WHY?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Those rollerskating babies look weird,they kind of remind me of the dead baby in Trainspotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The ad that's most getting on my tits recently is the 'Sony' ad advertising their sale... but mostly for that f*cking dreadful song!

"SONIC.. BOOM.. BOOM.. BOY!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

That wan from cork who got sick in Kenya.
    She says something like " I dreaded getting sick somewhere like Kenya, but it was great. The very same as being sick in cork"

makes me want to kill for 3 reasons

1. She enjoyed being sick
    2. Kenya and cork are pretty much the same anyway
    3. Her uglyness

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭RunHomerRun

And shes on ALL the f**kin time....

Do VHI now just get the people on their books with the weirdest stupidest sick stories - and put them on tv?
    Next they'll be using "ALMOST" Darwin Award winners to advertise their insurance - which might go something like this;

"when I was holidays in Spain, I decided to go running with the bulls through the streets. I know I have an underlying heart-condition, and just got a new knee, but I was still shocked and suprised when that bull attacked me, and ripped off one my testicles. Luckily for me though, after the bull grew tired of walking on my rib-cage and the paramedics arrived, I only had to say one word - VHI - and I didn't fill in one form. I actually couldn't fill in the form anyway, so I had no feeling below my wrist for 2 weeks. But the cover and treatment I got from VHI while recuperating in Spain was like being at home in Ireland. I love you VHI - now give me free health insurance for the next 5 years for doing this advert"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ragg wrote: »
    She says something like " I dreaded getting sick somewhere like Kenya, but it was great. The very same as being sick in cork"

3. Her uglyness
    That's the worst ad on TV. Someone even started a Facebook group about it. There's also a thread in this forum about it Here.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

el diablo wrote: »
    That's the worst ad on TV. Someone even started a Facebook group about it.
    Yeah lol, I joined it the other day it called 'Got sick in Kenya...oh my god like it was BRILLIANT'
    haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

3. Her uglyness

+ 1 i hate that vhi ad and its on every irish channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah lol, I joined it the other day it called 'Got sick in Kenya...oh my god like it was BRILLIANT'
    haha.

She makes it sound like getting sick enhanced the experience.. what a load of crap.. She's probably gonna change to Aviva like everybody else now that the VHI have put up their costs again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Next they'll be using "ALMOST" Darwin Award winners to advertise their insurance - which might go something like this;

There's nothing Darwinian about the current ad anyway, as the woman survived and she is certainly not the fittest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

ashyle wrote: »
    I think that Kenya-VHI ad is offensive! Yeah cos they use elephants as ambulances!!
    Hey, you're guaranteed to get out of the way if you see an elephant coming up being you in traffic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

What about this new Salsa fitness (or whatever the God-awful service is)? Your one starts off speaking in a D4 accent, then it morphs into a Californian one towards the end- when she says "fabulous" with that rolled l.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

deccurley wrote: »
    That new Niquitin ad with some bloke called David McDonnell talking about giving up the smokes. He's got the most annoying voice ever.

And the other one with the whiney backing track and the box stuck to you man's hands.

In fact, all ads about giving up cigarettes are painful! Just remembered another one with some bint being chased by tools in lifesize cigarette costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

3. Her uglyness

The minute I spotted this thread, this ad sprung to my mind. I HATE it! Her accent is horrendous, I just can't bear to listen and it goes on for ages!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Martine McCuchin (sp- give a sh!t) and Danone Activia's Tummy Loving Care- AAAAARRRRRGH!! <shudder>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

those go compare insurance ads with the pavarotti a-like are the worst at the moment imo

I'm growing more and more suspicious that's Richard Corrigan with a suit and weird moustache :D
    I mean they are both just as annoying as each other...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement