Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im finding this a relaxing period with very few annoying ads now after that Xmas nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

IrishKev wrote: »
    I'm growing more and more suspicious that's Richard Corrigan with a suit and weird moustache :D

the compare the meerkat ads are feckin annoying too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Worst ad at the moment is that diet ad featuring fat people bouncing up and down to this headwrecking sub-ska music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hairymick wrote: »
    Worst ad at the moment is that diet ad featuring fat people bouncing up and down to this headwrecking sub-ska music.

Lol,i was just gonna post about that ad,it's a right head wrecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Evian baby ad literally puts me off my food when Im eating my dinner and it comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Thargor wrote: »
    The Evian baby ad literally puts me off my food when Im eating my dinner and it comes on.

that ad scares the crap out of me! :P those babies all look so freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Someone may have been on this one already, I'd be amazed if not.

The current ad for RTE sport. It's sickening. I'm a sports fan so no problem with any of the visuals. My gripe is with that little s**t George Hamilton's voice, rattling off a load of superlatives, his voice drowned in some kind of sound effect. WHY?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Try watching this latest Halifax ad a few times and you'll want to punch that fat DJ tosser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3veZJjvhzM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Reminds me of those stupid "dancing baby" videos that used to be propogated around the Internet a few years ago.. Absolute sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The adverts for the new series of RAW on RTE.
    The terrible dialog pushes me outside my comfort zone. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That ad for Slimey Fat (Slim Fast :P) with yer one doing stand-up talking to a bunch of girls about when she met some girl who was "like a skeleton"

"And she was all 'where do you want to be in 6 months?', and I said '6 months?!! I have a dress to fit into in 1 month!! I just want it. to. zip. up"

RAAAAAAARGH!!!!

I hate all these stupid diet ads!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Especially those Special K ads with the stick thin girls who act like a kitten will be killed for every fcuking biscuit they eat!!!

MAN!! I need some chocolate!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That eircom ad, the metrosexual with the goatee who inhabits a parallel universe where live help is a "chillax" environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That is a properly disturbing ad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

i wish that bitch had of just stayed in kenya so i wouldnt have to look at her every 20 minutes.

One reason that Brad/Chad/Tad/Nad might sound so cheerful is that his litre of Texaco costs him the equivalent of 45 euro cent in Bunghole Nebraska, whereas my litre of Texaco costs me €1.19 on the N7.

How bout Texaco cut the spending on sh*te , smug, irrelevant-to-the-market advertising, and using it to kick-start the plan to knock a few cent off the price of petrol here instead?

It's petrol for f*cks sake. Brand loyalty me bollix. 50% of our purchases depend on where we are when we're seconds away from running out of fuel; and the other 50% on which of you have the cheapest product. We dont give a tuppeny crap about Brad/Chad/Tad/Nad's sound system, we care about which forecourt billboard has the lowest number on it.

thats not texaco's fault it's more expensive here, its all taxes...

Thats not as bad as that twat whos in the Dominoes or 4-Star ads, the Currys "It prints money" ads, "Ive installed more kitchens than Ive had hot dinners", The "We'll take it from here guys" scratchcard ads, hands that b1tch her slippers after she gets out of the bath for some soup and God knows how many other ads he's been in, he must be dirt cheap or something, I cannot stand his stupid face, and its always a sh1t ad when hes in it, every time.

you dont like him much do you!!

what about the just for men ad where the guy gets the job because he doesnt have grey hair. he's gonna need more ties!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Most annoying ad at the moment is the one with fat people who break their diet and get bounced up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Brian O driscoll's Credit Union ads. Seriously Brian you are a supremely gifted athlete and a proper hard man on the field but those ads need to stop. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

tunguska wrote: »
    Brian O driscoll's Credit Union ads. Seriously Brian you are a supremely gifted athlete and a proper hard man on the field but those ads need to stop. Now.

Just realized that the girl who tells him the Credit Union is open on Saturday is the same girl who does the Halifax ads with Colm Meaney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

As well as the VHI one I also can't stand:
    Spam up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhjZW8JbuM

Halifax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3veZJjvhzM

Tool station: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaHiky-MWXY

Don't know why the youtube links didn't show properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

I wanna kill 'The Character' from those wine ad's

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Don't know if it was mentioned but I HATE the Britton Insurance ad with the cartoon Mexican rat things? How did they think that was in any way good? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    Just realized that the girl who tells him the Credit Union is open on Saturday is the same girl who does the Halifax ads with Colm Meaney.

Thank you Elmo, that's was really bugging me.. My god she is 100 times cuter on the Credit Union ad..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

tunguska wrote: »
    amen to that. when i saw it first i thought i was seeing things. is it realy brian doing the add. then i seen it again and thought 'oh brian you are a tosser for lowering yourself to do it'. does he need the money for the wedding or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

efb wrote: »

I didn't actually think they could make a worse ad than their last one but I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Hands down.....that Evian ad with those creepy dancing babies:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That Iggy Pop car insurance one with the fcuking creepy puppet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement