Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Norn Ireland Axa Cardboard cutout ad. Infact any NI ad, they're all so wooden...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

I can't believe no one has mentioned this ad yet.
    Really annoys me for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Bigal87 wrote: »

Dont laugh. It's deadly.

I think that's the girl that's in Val Falvey TD.. So she's obviously a talent to look at for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

Just been watching the Dennys wedding day advert and it got me thinking. Is it genuine, it looks real to me. If so would anyone on here pimp their wedding day for sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Bigal87 wrote: »

Part of their really irritating series of ads, remember the red-haired bloke and the 'chrimbo babe' gobsh1te? What is it about phone companies, Meteor have been at it as well with the smug carol-singing cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

i wish that bitch had of just stayed in kenya so i wouldnt have to look at her every 20 minutes.

dunno if this has been posted already.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Those stupid arseholes with their bloody knitting

Ohmygod you guys are just like SO cool :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

phasers wrote: »
    Those stupid arseholes with their bloody knitting

Ohmygod you guys are just like SO cool :mad:

In part 2 of that ad, I want to see her and her "crew" being knitted together, brought to the nearest sewage pit and thrown in, but not before they are all mercilessly tortured with their bloody knitting needles for about 7hrs. Such a stupid ad. Not so much what the ad is selling, but the character types it pushes forwards. Assholes of the highest possible order. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

In part 2 of that ad, I want to see her and her "crew" being knitted together, brought to the nearest sewage pit and thrown in, but not before they are all mercilessly tortured with their bloody knitting needles for about 7hrs. Such a stupid ad. Not so much what the ad is selling, but the character types it pushes forwards. Assholes of the highest possible order. :mad:

I think the reason these telecoms adverts make us all want to stick knitting needles in our eyes is that the people in them are all perfect although in a slightly quirky or Kooky way, have perfect lives, too cool for school, loads of perfect friends, quite... but not too good looking, their only problems are giving partners a Xmas snow job, knitting , driving around the country in a classic citroen catching up with friends, Xmas busking challenge or ice skating down Grafton street.
    In other words totally f@cking unrealistic. Maybe if they painted a more realistic picture of life that the rest of us could relate to then we would chill out a bit more....or just tell us how they are cheaper than their competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Tallspoon wrote: »
    I think the reason these telecoms adverts make us all want to stick knitting needles in our eyes is that the people in them are all perfect although in a slightly quirky or Kooky way, have perfect lives, too cool for school, loads of perfect friends, quite... but not too good looking, their only problems are giving partners a Xmas snow job, knitting , driving around the country in a classic citroen catching up with friends, Xmas busking challenge or ice skating down Grafton street.
    In other words totally f@cking unrealistic. Maybe if they painted a more realistic picture of life that the rest of us could relate to then we would chill out a bit more....or just tell us how they are cheaper than their competition!

That's so true. Well off daddy types, who listen to anti establishment semi indie music, or whatever music is "in" at a particular moment, while they text their robot friends with the latest overpriced, corporate produced mobile. They are all so zany too, they must be really fun to be around, I wish I was part of their zany, cheeky crew. They have a vague idea that there is real suffering and grief in the world, but believe that being aware of it is actually doing something about it without actually doing anything. They are programed mother-feckers. From child to zany teen to bastard corporate zombie. They pronounce 'Cork' as Co-orrk in nerve shattering mid Atlantic accent.

It is about time the people of Ireland stood up and declared war on these hideous ads and the hideous characterization within them . Enough is enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwN1ExPoeA

Oh God what a fcuking disgusting ad, what a cunt, I thought the smugness levels would start to decrease now that Xmas is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

ashyle wrote: »
    I think that Kenya-VHI ad is offensive! Yeah cos they use elephants as ambulances!!

ya

she says 'i didnt even have to fill out a form'

why not - were u rendered a spastic!?

surely u'd have to fill a form to make a claim

is it supposed to be a comfort to know the VHI is subsidised by others and claim applicants dont even need to fill out a form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm sorry, but I want to break this guy's nose

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

deccurley wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I want to break this guy's nose
    the wan standing beside him is a bit snooooty. smug cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

The Evian ad with the rollerskating babies, freaks me out.

The Credit Union ad with Brian O'Driscoll, it's annoying and that girl behind the counter wrecks my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

If Jane Fonda is still alive, will someone ask her what's 'Nouro-sh1t'.

Aha, found a link that will let you all hear what I mean:

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Nourish-Every-Day-with-Age-Re-Perfect-Loreal-Toiletries-Skincare-Range/81505

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Michael B wrote: »
    The Evian ad with the rollerskating babies, freaks me out.
    Have to agree with that, it's really creepy. Almost as bad as the Velvet toilet roll ads with the baby dressed in a suit ...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh dear God!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Not really an ad..but that little TV3 pre-programme bit with the little girl dancing through a flowery forest and around the "3" ......it just looks wrong to me....I think her dress is just a bit too tight and short.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

+1 million to the Go Compare ad, That Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That new Vodafone ad. that chap has a very unusual accent. A mixture of pure-bog and I'm not sure what else. Anyway, it's a rubbish ad. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Worther's Original

Moorish

There is another one I saw the other day but I can't think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

those money for gold adverts
    i dont give a fúck about your double G guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I can't stand those diet ads.

Like that Weigh2Live ad where people start bouncing all over the place when they "break their diet".
    Or those Special K ads where the girls nearly crap themselves to stop themseves eating a fecking biscuit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

the worst add at the mo is defo the Gilette Fusion add where the guy brings in his blades to a garage,it's so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

heviballs wrote: »
    the worst add at the mo is defo the Gilette Fusion add where the guy brings in his blades to a garage,it's so bad

"This baby's gonna run like new"! WTF?! It's a feckin' razor blade!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

el diablo wrote: »
    That new Vodafone ad. that chap has a very unusual accent. A mixture of pure-bog and I'm not sure what else.

it struck me as one of a stroke victim learning to speak again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Elmo wrote: »
    Worther's Original

Moorish

There is another one I saw the other day but I can't think of it.

Just remember it

Renaults scrappage scheme. The News with John and John. ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

you know the ad for eye laser threatment where the nerdy bloke says that he " noticed since getting his eyes fixed girls really notice me" and the tacked on "probably cause i can see them now!" that ad makes me cringe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Here's an ad from the sh*t heads that messed up the country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement