Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

sesna wrote: »
    Here's an ad from the sh*t heads that messed up the country

On a similar topic, those AIB ads REALLY get on my nerves. "Vote for the children"... These f*krs have been bailed out by the taxpayers ensuring that our children will have to pay high taxes and high interest rates for a long time in to the future because of their dodgy dealing. And they have to cheek to portray themselves as "putting something back"...

Do they really think we will fall for this sh1te..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The latest Uncle Bens ad is one of the stupidest I've seen for a long time.
    "Oh it won't come out until you say it has absolutely no preservatives blah blah..."
    Funnily enough, I'm not tempted to buy rice that will make my microwave door stuck unless I talk to it. :mad:

And of course, it's the smug, clever woman who has to tell the stupid men how to get the rice out and tells them to "talk to the dishwasher" afterwards. Another example of the blatant "women are so much cleverer than men" sexism that is tolerated in advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

And of course, it's the smug, clever woman who has to tell the stupid men how to get the rice out and tells them to "talk to the dishwasher" afterwards. Another example of the blatant "women are so much cleverer than men" sexism that is tolerated in advertising.

Really? I had a completely opposite interpretation of that ad. What I saw was "Hi, I'm a woman and of course I know everything about cooking food and cleaning up because that's all I do with my life, live in the kitchen and make friends with the appliances"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ Interesting....

Either way, it's a sh!te ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

^ Interesting....

Either way, it's a sh!te ad.

Ditto....never took much heed of it...lifes too short to waste thinking of ads content.....what is it for again..?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

werther's original chocolate ad. Is it on the net, its really bad, you just have to see it to realize how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Stupid stupid Halifax ad set in a radio studio. It makes so little sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Halifax sucks! So does their ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

the ads for any of those poxy JML gadgets - and yesterday I saw a break with FOUR of these in as many minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Croc a da Fridge!

The bit where they mention the three products gives me nosebleeds!

That is all!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I don't watch adverts...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

The yo-yo diet ad ..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

TOO LONG !

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

That Gilette ad where your man has a mechanic looking at his blade...make me rage.

it struck me as one of a stroke victim learning to speak again

LOL. I cant watch the without laughing after reading this comment.

"Fantastic. People LOVED it."

Reminds me of a mental patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Don't necessarily hate it but that Pepsi Max Coke Zero ad.

Your man lepping out the window of the apartment when your one's parents bang on the door.

I don't really get it.
    Why doesn't he just open the door and talk to them like a man.
    Instead of doing himself an injury hanging from that helicopter.
    That "call me" sh1t at the end is annoying as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

tech77 wrote: »
    Don't necessarily hate it but that Pepsi Max ad.

Your man lepping out the window of the apartment when your one's parents bang on the door.

I don't really get it.
    Why doesn't he just open the door and talk to them like a man.
    Instead of doing himself an injury hanging from that helicopter.
    That "call me" sh1t at the end is annoying as well.

Thats Coke Zero,coca cola's way of trying to make diet coke look more manly!!:p:p

And you're right,it's a ****e ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

lord lucan wrote: »
    Thats Coke Zero,coca cola's way of trying to make diet coke look more manly!!:p:p

And you're right,it's a ****e ad.

Yeah i knew once i posted it i had it wrong. :P
    Couldn't be ar$ed checking.
    Just showed how crap their marketing is. :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There's an ad on some English channel for 'webuyanycar.com'. I cannot watch it for one second anymore. They have the most annoying(and crap) rap in it and that's pretty much the full ad. Does my head in :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

New Lyons tea ad.

They put the talk in the Tea etc etc.

Like, I don't know much about football but if that's their idea of football talk at the end of it (the two grannies talking) well then I don't want to drink the tea and start talking that kind of muck.

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

What really annoys me is the way that they introduce your man with "Our Hero"... when it should be "The P*ssy".. If he any balls he would a) have opened the door to the father and b) be drinking beer like a man ...

That new Specsavers ad with the UFO...can someone explain whats it about...i "get" their other ads but this one has me confused...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That new Specsavers ad with the UFO...can someone explain whats it about...i "get" their other ads but this one has me confused...:confused:

Because from outerspace you can see the farmers glasses and that they are so unfashionable that the aliens had to let him know about the great specsavers offers. :rolleyes: Terrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eurgh!!

That fùckin' ad with all those fat people yo-yo-ing about to that godawful sub-ska music!

Go Compaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare! Go Compaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare!...............Go fùck off away from me!!! I litteraly have to change the channel or mute the tv when that ad comes on, it's 100,000 times worse when you have a hangover.

The new Vodafone knitting ad, Jesus Christ I wanna give yer man and his "kooky" buddies a kick in the face. :pac:

That Coke Zero ad I hate pretty much, too. He's no goddamn "hero" of mine, the weedy little bollox. It makes no sense other than to make it drinkable for the lads, I mean, when he's at the window why does everything behind him start exploding? It's a bit much for the spineless bastard, no? Anyways, it's truly an awful drink (I got it free with a Subway sandwich and could only drink a few mouthfuls of it before binning it, go figure)

And those Trocaire ads, they're not shìte or anything but the fact that they seem to be timed perfectly just as I sit down to eat! Makes me feel right guilty then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

1. I fúcking hate all Vodafone ads and posters.

These shiney happy beautiful people with big Hollywood smiles stitched onto their stupid faces.....:mad:

2. I fúcking hate all Lynx ads.

Lynx is for teenagers who use it mask the fact they havnet showered and it's disgusting

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Elmo wrote: »
    Because from outerspace you can see the farmers glasses and that they are so unfashionable that the aliens had to let him know about the great specsavers offers. :rolleyes: Terrible ad.

.....in fairness "aliens that live in glasshouses.......".......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That new Trocaire ad with the child talking to her doll is annoying as f***. By the end of it I'm just wishing she'd die already!

ziggy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fullscreen%20capture%2023072009%20080048.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement