Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

That ****ing eircom ad that's on all the time; **** you and your propaganda, eircom, you're not fooling anyone! And you suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

That's some arse, by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The new Vodafone knitting ad, Jesus Christ I wanna give yer man and his "kooky" buddies a kick in the face. :pac:

Good choice.
    Why do they think putting a cardigan on a tree is a good idea.
    Ecologically, aesthetically, whatever...it's just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

All vodafone ads:mad: i'd nearly change networks over them if it wasnt for the free calls:P

and that "go compare" ad drives me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The LG adverts before and after The Big Bang Theory on Channel 4/E4 are incredibly annoying. I will NEVER buy an LG product because of these offences to the ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just saw an ad with Wayne Rooney running around topless. Who decided that would be a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just saw an ad with Wayne Rooney running around topless. Who decided that would be a good idea?

It's fairly bizarre alright. What's the reason why one wayne rooney is kitted and the other isnot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

McDonalds 3 is a magic number.... AAAARRRRGH!
    and there is more lettuce than onion on that burger, whats that about???
    4 is a better number or 2 is more realistic, I mean who counts onion as a chief ingredient????

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Get a girlfriend. :rolleyes:
    And her arse looks like Wayne Rooney's chest. And her boyfriend is an arse.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

heviballs wrote: »
    the worst add at the mo is defo the Gilette Fusion add where the guy brings in his blades to a garage,it's so bad
    lord lucan wrote: »
    "This baby's gonna run like new"! WTF?! It's a feckin' razor blade!:mad:

Try changing it for a smoooooother riiide!

Oh yeah baby...

Chaaaaahhh....

Don't you wish you talked cooooool like meeee...?

Fúcking dumb ad! Change the razor when the strip goes white? At 16 quid a pop for a box of the things? B0llox to that! I'll change the bloody thing when it's rusty!

it struck me as one of a stroke victim learning to speak again

I haven't seen the ad, but I have to now! I nearly spat my breakfast all over my desk reading this comment! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Anyone else sick of this ad at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭shockframe

GO COMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

fricatus wrote: »

I haven't seen the ad, but I have to now! I nearly spat my breakfast all over my desk reading this comment! :D

I don't belive you haven't seen the ad. It's on at leat twice an hour on RTÉ. And it's true he sound like a stroke victim. Very, very strange accent/voice.
    "Fantastic....people loved it". :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's fairly bizarre alright. What's the reason why one wayne rooney is kitted and the other isnot?

That's because one drinks water, the other drinks Powerade.

Hence we are to believe that drinking plain water will make you shìt at anything unless it's a florecent colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

The Muller yoghurt ad with the ridiculous lyric and woejous singing :
    "I got my cherry got my peach.. " or whatever....
    murdering the Nina Simone song.
    Also sounds like a silly double entendre....

The Stena Line ad with a really amateur sounding song in the background which sounds like it is being sung by Ballygobackwards National school rehearsing their end of year play about half way through the school year !
    Just sounds cheap ....

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

Ditto re the Muller ads and all Vodafone and Meteor ads. The ad execs for Vodafone and Meteor are obviously D4esque business twats who are incredibly out of touch with reality, modern-life and what defines obnoxious-gitness.

What kind of ridiculous accent is the Vodafone knitting guy supposed to be doing? It's atrocious. If that's his real accent he was brought up by Bosco.

I also hate all the ads that suggest that only women do housework or feed their kids. The emotional blackmail kind, like "good mammies buy ribena"...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

Tallspoon wrote: »
    Just been watching the Dennys wedding day advert and it got me thinking. Is it genuine, it looks real to me. If so would anyone on here pimp their wedding day for sausages?

Has anyone noticed that the bride in this ad refers to her Dad as Gangbang or some equally retarded-sounding nickname?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Rachel Allen sitting there signing her sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

HARVEY FCUKING NORMAN !!!! NO I AM NOT DEAF AND HOW MANY BLOODY SALES DO YOU HAVE A MONTH ??? PLEASE PISS OFF BACK TO TASMANIA YA DEAF BOLLIX.

and that Navan carpets ad that sounds like a poxy Christmas tune sung by the owners daughter. They need to be taken out and thrown into the Boyne after a lot of rain when the current is very strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The radio ad for Sightsavers.ie where people are asked how much they would pay for their sight and a blonde - I'm assuming - thinks for a minute, giggles and then says 10,000 Euros but not quite sure if she has said enough and mayber her sight might be worth 11,000....he,he,he....I'm a blonde, I'm a blonde, I'm a blond?..... Truly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The vodaphone ad with the "Cork" guy.I dont know what kind of an accent he's talking in but it's definetly not Leeside.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus Jacobs Creek have started putting this smug pr1ck in every ad break now::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

i hate the vhi,coco pops,paul willams ads.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Can I just mention again the new Werther's Original ads, for chocolate.

Activia both ads were the women "must take advice of seemingly (chirpy/confident) friend".

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA10608 :mad:

Moorish :mad: Chocolate that is moorish, that's a bit racist. (Joke, I just think it is a stupid description for a chocolate, and a horrible add).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Can't stand that badly dubbed breakfast cereal ad with the radio dj with the ridiculous moustach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Betty Croker mix,

"I love to lick the patula"... ah he's mildly soft... not.

Not buying the cutesy cr@p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Brendan O'Connor + Mace = WTF?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

lord lucan wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor + Mace = WTF?!!

Disturbing, yet amusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Go Compare
    Go Compare
    Aghhhhhhhhhhh
    Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Nation Of Why Not ads! That goddamn simplistic song in the background, the dodgy effects, and the voice-over pronouncing glacier as "glass-ier"

That JML ad promoting what essentialy is a bath-robe put on backwards, are people really that retarded? (Of course they are! :pac: )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement