Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was watching a Come Dine With Me marathon on Monday while doing some work, and the ad breaks there were driving me nuts. It got to a stage where I was hitting the mute button during every break.

If I saw that Go Compare guy in the street, I'd kick him so hard he'd be singing in falsetto for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Suffering another bout of insomnia here so thought I'd share my hatred of that ad on Living TV for Trabolgan - the one saying Jedward etc will be performing - voiced by that guy with the really condescending English accent that does lots of Living's ads for their crap TV programmes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Its that god awful Muller ad for me with the jingle :eek:

VHI ad with the blandest, most annoying voiceovers in the world.

Any ads with children singing and mammies ... not everyone who shops for food or household products is a mammie with a herd of kiddies ... single people need to eat too.

The singing LG man.

Go Compare :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

"Dairygold because we are farmers"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

WTF is that new diet coke ad all about? A load of crappy puppets hopping around like demented yokes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Think its just for men or something like that but the one where the da is goin for an interview i cant explain it but it just really annoys the **** outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Think its just for men or something like that but the one where the da is goin for an interview i cant explain it but it just really annoys the **** outta me
    I think I'm going to need............more ties. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

lollipop... lollipop... oh lolli lollipop... baddumdumdum... = change channel
    microslop=annoying b@stards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

minikin wrote: »
    lollipop... lollipop... oh lolli lollipop... baddumdumdum... = change channel
    microslop=annoying b@stards

Dell, non?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just seen Brendan O Connor's ad for Mace :eek: not good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I just seen Brendan O Connor's ad for Mace :eek: not good
    Yep, what were Mace thinking when they employed that mutton-headed bog warrior to promote their business..:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Larkenn wrote: »
    Its that god awful Muller ad for me with the jingle :eek:

God I hate this.. "got my berry got my cherry"... I'd say she has her cherry alright. Stupid ad. I dont buy from companies that dont even bother to make an ad with local accents..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

The 123.ie ad
    "123.ie, just log on and save money":mad:
    The gameshow host, Ivon Answer, arrrrghhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

rebel10 wrote: »
    The 123.ie ad
    "123.ie, just log on and save money":mad:
    The gameshow host, Ivon Answer, arrrrghhh!

As much as i hate that ad it's jingle is strangely infectious and sticks in your head. Good marketing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Also in a state of insomnia, I found myself in front of the telly last Saturday morning at around 5.30am and there was this Home Shopping thing on RTE. It was some dolly asking an unfortunate chap from Peats about an e-reader. She was excrrrrruciating! Every sentence started with " So Oran....."

Had I been a little more with it I probably would have kicked the TV in. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

go compare ad - a fat nutter singing enough said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

123.ie and that new Fairy Liquid ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Halifax ISA ISA, urgh, moronic Bris, except their jobs, they wont be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

efb wrote: »
    Dell, non?

I wouldn't know... never get beyond 'badumdumdum...' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Any nintendo ads - but in particular all DS ones. Woefully cheesy and brady bunch-esque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Anyone seen the late night ads for hair loss featuring various clapped out rugby and cricket players?
    They're (unintentionally) hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

123.ie and that new Fairy Liquid ad

aaaagggggghhhh this one puts me over the edge. feel like kicking the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Supersavvime.com for women who want to become savvier.
    A lot of whats wrong with this country in that statement, is savier a word?

That's twice I've mentioned it feck it I'm giving them free publicity, not that anyone here would be dumb enough use that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Shane10 wrote: »
    aaaagggggghhhh this one puts me over the edge. feel like kicking the tv.

I feel your pain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

123.ie, that dell ad that's always on these days (it reminds me of Charlie and the chocolate factory every time I hear it for some reason) That discover Ireland ad..I liked the song at first now it gets on my nerves, the 2 second ad for that wizard of oz thing on tv3 where they just show a pair of shoes, DS ads..especially the ones with ant & dec in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

calgon!

baalthor wrote: »
    Anyone seen the late night ads for hair loss featuring various clapped out rugby and cricket players?
    They're (unintentionally) hilarious.

Lol yeah! Seen one a couple of weeks ago with various players, I remember shayne warne (sp?) was one of the feautured guys. It was awful and at least 3mins long

Oh and that one for m and m direct is bugging me too! Ive been sick for the past month so I have been watching wayy too much tv if you couldn't guess

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

The Bertie and Louis adverts for Spar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

"I think I'm going to need... More ties!"

That bloody Just For Men ad. Painful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement