Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I am SICK of those god damn Bord Gais ads with Lucy Kennedy. She is so frikkin condescending in that ad with the older man making the sandwiches. Ugh I hate it!!! It makes me want to switch my electricity AWAY from Bord Gais, not stay with them.

:mad:

Better than the fupping Airtricity ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Whoever is in charge of advertising at Mace is taking the piss, he must be trying to bring down the company from the inside or something.

How anyone could think that getting that thundering gobshite to put in one of the worst displays of "acting" ever seen in the illustrious world of television advertising was going to be good for business is unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

The new just for men ad. Where he needs more ties like. Badly dubbed as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The new ad for littlesteps.eu for healthy heating/exercise which is a reversal of the middle class patio/decking Dublin.16. men used for the Eircom Phonewatch ads and we are now treated to two ads featuring sets of 'obvious' working class people (therefore stupid and need patronizing according to the ad makers). It would make your teeth grate! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

New meteor one, trying to copy Skins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I'm sure it's be brought up before but it has to be said again that the national dairy council ad with paul o connell is really terrible..walking along a hill in a monotone very unlively voice I always buy milk and cream with the ndc mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm sure it's be brought up before but it has to be said again that the national dairy council ad with paul o connell is really terrible..walking along a hill in a monotone very unlively voice I always buy milk and cream with the ndc mark.

I thought it was an ad for free lobotomies, or a promo for an up and coming Irish zombie B-movie.

If that's what milk and cream does to you, I won't be having any more, especially if it's got the NDC mark on it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Home store and more

When its gone its gone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

The Volvic one 'Just popped out for a cheeky volvic' :rolleyes:
    Been buying Ballygowan since

• Registered Users Posts: 36,245 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

'The Volvic Challenge'.

F*ck off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

that x-box one. everyone's doing it with the old fella. getting tiresome now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SlickRic wrote: »
    'The Volvic Challenge'. F*ck off.
    What is it about this guy and Eircom Jim, what market are these meterosexuals aimed at.. they tie the pair of them together and throw them over the edge of a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

the guy singing the imagine song does my head in and also the dove for men ad "all because your a man" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

All those Kinder ads that have the stupid voiceover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

The Meteor one with all the happening crowd at a house party. I can't put my finger on it but something about it just gives me a double dose of the ****es. One guy in particular who keeps saying "seen it, seen it" I would gladly put his head down the jacks and flush, thrice.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Shane10 wrote: »
    that x-box one. everyone's doing it with the old fella. getting tiresome now.

Lame ad. The 'doing it' bit must have been done 100 times before. That man at the end going on about the Stimulus Package gets on my nerves as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Jim from Eircom needs a slap!

Volic guy is back!! Aaaargh! Suppose not a good idea to use the puppet volcano...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

zimovain wrote: »
    Jim from Eircom needs a slap!

Needs a good kicking more like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That Aviva ad with the creepy looking things with the big heads....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Benico Del toro in that Ice cream ad
    whats he thinking only has beens do that

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sarahinnavan

Any of those Money for Gold ads. God, the blonde woman is annoying

Wood Preservation Society... AAAARGH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

News of the World(?) ads with Paul Williams.

And then the Sunday World ads with your wun who replaced Paul Williams.

Stupid ads. Stupid journalists. Stupid newspapers. Who cares about the Don, the Penguin, the Monk etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Dove ad with that ****ing "You're a Man!" song.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thargor wrote: »
    The Dove ad with that ****ing "You're a Man!" song.

Now THIS is actually THE WORST ad in the whole world.

Why would this appeal to anyone let alone men??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Benico Del toro in that Ice cream ad
    whats he thinking only has beens do that
    Sure he got an awful lot of money for it all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Any of those utterly dreadful "I'm a PC" ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That awful WiMax "song". /facepalm

The ads with George Hook talking rubbish about Sky+ :mad::mad::mad:

The return of the Volvic challenge....

Honourable mention to Setanta's REALLY LOUD theme music that keeps blasting out at volume 11 every 10 minutes when Poker After Dark is on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

RVD420 wrote: »
    That awful WiMax "song". /facepalm
    Wi max acoming across the nation,, wimax the new sensation.. AGGHHHH FUUUCCKKK OFF!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement