Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Them Eircom ads. really do my head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Those Aviva cartoons freak me out, huge eyes on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I fcuking HATE Barry's tea adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

amdublin wrote: »
    News of the World(?) ads with Paul Williams.

And then the Sunday World ads with your wun who replaced Paul Williams.

Stupid ads. Stupid journalists. Stupid newspapers. Who cares about the Don, the Penguin, the Monk etc etc etc

Ah, someone "cared" about him after all ...

Can't stand the "leave out the French" ads by the Sun: pointless hatred of the French is an English trait ... plus having to see and hear David O'Leary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

That 2fm one on the telly with the crap miming! An advert trying to sell hip when most of the dj's from the audio clip have been with 2fm for decades*

*Not including Colm & Jim Jim, but yeah they're shyte too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Having inflicted on us 2 big blokes dressed like Hilda from Coronation street and changed they're name from Bounty to Plenty(???) they now give us 'Juan sheet'!! WTF?? It's truly dreadful!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That Dell ad 'lolly pop, lolly pop' is an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Mikosyko wrote: »
    That Aviva ad with the creepy looking things with the big heads....:mad:

agree...and they could really do with different music in their ads, that Laura Izibor song is doing my bloody head in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

lord lucan wrote: »
    Having inflicted on us 2 big blokes dressed like Hilda from Coronation street and changed they're name from Bounty to Plenty(???) they now give us 'Juan sheet'!! WTF?? It's truly dreadful!:mad::mad:

I actually miss Audrey and Brenda?. The new guy is terrible: One shit indeed - it's kitchen roll not toilet roll !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Mikosyko wrote: »
    That Aviva ad with the creepy looking things with the big heads....:mad:

The main guy/ the da looks like a junkie

On another note, that ad for Fair City...with The Script playing in the background...why does Yvonne look like a sweaty cow in it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

That ad with George Hook talking bull**** about sky+. It's IN-CRED-DA-BAL why the fcuk does he have to talk like a 5 year old breaking up big words so they can learn to pronounce them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Saw it for the first time tonight. That brian o driscoll ad with credit unions really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Saw it for the first time tonight. That brian o driscoll ad with credit unions really annoying

Lol, "Hello Ronan...."
    Absolutely terrible.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

baalthor wrote: »
    Can't stand the "leave out the French" ads by the Sun: pointless hatred of the French is an English trait ... plus having to see and hear David O'Leary

They're just getting a bit of practice in for the main paper to prepare for this summers target. If it ends up being Henry it'll be the funniest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

They're just getting a bit of practice in for the main paper to prepare for this summers target. If it ends up being Henry it'll be the funniest thing ever.

Yes O'Leary and his big piggy head. almnost put me foot through the TV ? Really ? I'd imagine you have a super duper TV on the wall David.

The Sun .... not in my lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

To me it always sounds like he is saying a number and a bodily function that rhymes with Juan Sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This new baby oil ad that's running is atrocious, some little brat counting to ten as Gaeilge.

I think she has a lisp as well. Can't stand it! All this cutesey crap really grates on me

That Cornetto ad with the 2,no make that 4 muppets!! Chronic.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The Truly Irish rashers and sausages ad. Raaaashers that taste graysh.....awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

That Costcutter ad with Darren Gough and his moobs. Horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That Cornetto ad with the 2,no make that 4 muppets!! Chronic.:mad:

Yep, I hate that too. Especially the Irish version where the voices are dubbed into horrible bog accents.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Yep, I hate that too. Especially the Irish version where the voices are dubbed into horrible bog accents.

On a similar note,they've also dubbed the Carlsberg ad about the yeast from an authentic Danish accent to that annoying guy that does the apprentice voiceovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

nullzero wrote: »
    Lol, "Hello Ronan...."
    Absolutely terrible.

Interesting fact: that bird is the one from the Halifax ad with Colm Meaney

Actually, that wasn't at all interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cptlongnostrils

This has to be the funniest thread ever. Im in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Head and Shoulders, what are they even singing? I made out about 4 words...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know that this thread is about bad ads but I really like this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I hate that Go Compare ad with the opera singer guy. I f***** hate it. I literally have to either mute the TV, change the channel or turn the TV off. It's that bad. I actually refuse to use their site too because of it.

Drives me mad also.
    I went back just a few pages and was surprised i hadnt seen more of this.

not matter how tired i am ill run for the remote no matter where it is when this ad comes on.
    It's irritates me like nothing else on earth and i mean that
    this has to be the most annoying ad on the tv bar none and it seems
    to be on a hundred different channels.

The Meteor one with all the happening crowd at a house party. I can't put my finger on it but something about it just gives me a double dose of the ****es. One guy in particular who keeps saying "seen it, seen it" I would gladly put his head down the jacks and flush, thrice.

Fridge empty??? Scanal! I know who dunnit... Elephant in the room...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

The ones from the financial regulator a few years ago, where they all started standing up on the bus "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is" Probably better off not to love, with the interest rates these days! :p

• Advertisement

Marthaa wrote: »
    The ones from the financial regulator a few years ago, where they all started standing up on the bus "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is" Probably better off not to love, with the interest rates these days! :p

Better off to know, and to have one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement