Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

that new Low-Low advert with the girls dancing to Kids In America. not only has it ruined a good song, but it's made me never want to go out again for fear of meeting these women.

and the voiceover... "love ish... live ish..." grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

The new Vodafone one with the kazoo crap. Trying to be trendy? Load of knobheads

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

Vodafone Kazoos...clearly done by the same morons that did the knitting...Xmas snow ...carol singing...Smuggy McSmugg driving around Ireland in his classic Citroen catching up with his loser mates. AAAAAgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

whats the ad with the guy "he shoots/ he scores!"?! shocking.

the maybeline one using Magnum PI soundtrack.. complete mismatch i doubt the target audience know wtf its from. the lucozade ad w/ music that copies Supergrass' "Rush Hour Soul".. damn the video for that song is great. didn't even chart - any non-irish ad dubbed over with irish accents

should be adverts you're fond of, but the thread would surely die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Nice rant in the Guardian tv guide today about Dan,his wine and his "Character".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

That smug bitch from the Glade ads deserves a slap in the face with a wet fish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

zimovain wrote: »
    Nice rant in the Guardian tv guide today about Dan,his wine and his "Character".
    Has to be one of the most irritating ad's of recent year's.What a smug fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

that new Low-Low advert with the girls dancing to Kids In America.

its my nightmare scenario, half the globe already wishes theyre yanks due to oversaturation of american media in general but when i saw this i was mortified.. makes me wanna suicide bomb the irish. sever ties or die

n this.. makes me wanna put a hurley about that chicks head

http://www.bad-ads.co.uk/halifax-again-ice-ice-baby-224

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is there an Adverts you love thread?

I LOVE the George Hook for Sky+ ad!! It's the best ad ever!!!!

"pause, answer the door, how are you? Lovely weather, confident in the knowledge ... etc etc!!" Tiz brilliant!! he he, he's so enthusiastic about it, love it!

On adverts you despise, I still hate that stupid Lucy Kennedy Bord Gais ad, that dumb Avonmore ad with the idiot guy drinking the milk out of the glass, oh and to top 'em all off - supersavvyme.com or .ie or whatever it is - I HATE THAT FRIKKIN AD THE MOST!!! It's so god damn offensive, for women who want to be savvier? Piss off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I still hate that stupid Lucy Kennedy Bord Gais ad, that dumb Avonmore ad with the idiot guy drinking the milk out of the glass, oh and to top 'em all off - supersavvyme.com or .ie or whatever it is - I HATE THAT FRIKKIN AD THE MOST!!! It's so god damn offensive, for women who want to be savvier? Piss off!

Effin Big Switch ads...I'd rather not make the switch if i'm literally thinking 'ah Jaysus that switch on the side of me house is an eyesore!'

I also have it instilled in my head now that when Lucy Kennedy knocks on the door she is calling yer man sandwiches - 'Ah Sandwiches!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Carla?? Carla the blonde??? The intern, Carla??? Yeah yeah yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Spar ad where the special needs chap puts the prices tags on the floor. That's crap. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Ads featuring the song "Here Come the Girls" - insufferable.

Those ads with that prat of prats Jamie Oliver cooking sausages.

"I'm lovin' it" Are you lovin' diabetes too, lard-ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'd love to give that guy on the wimax advert a whack to the head with his guitar
    it's so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

that diet coke one with all the puppets is terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

All laser eye surgery ads.

The one i hate the most is that guy who obviously won some Olympic medals for rowing.

"Stroke of genius...." :rolleyes:
    "They deserve a medal..." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mikosyko wrote: »
    All laser eye surgery ads.

The one i hate the most is that guy who obviously won some Olympic medals for rowing.

"Stroke of genius...." :rolleyes:
    "They deserve a medal..." :rolleyes:
    One of the things I hate most about one of those ads is that they describe themselves as Ireland's best (or favourite) laser eye surgery and in small print on the bottom, they say based on number of surgeries done. lol not even number of satisfied customers or successful surgeries... just sheer bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Loads of ads i really hate...
    1. The Go Compare ad with the fat opera singer...gets muted every time
    2. 123.ie ad with that stupid gameshow shíte actually just makes me go mad
    3. The new Diet Coke ad with the stupid lookinn puppets, makes no sense whatsoever, actually ad every diet coke ad along with it, they are not funny..
    4. The new 3 mobile ad when yer wan talks to the tv about the gut cheating, i just think theres something weird about it and i dont like listening to it!
    5. The Seat car ad with Shakira singing and there are mermaids and stuff swimming around, and you have literally no idea what the ad is actually for until the very last second, the cars drive out, just a stupid ad really
    6. Gaviscon "what a feeling" ads, absolutely hate them
    7. Along with half the country, I hate the Meteor ads with those smug looking bástards
    8. Laser eye surgery ad with that tool "I notice girls noticing me", what a plank

anyway, glad i got that out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

lately that i think its imagine.ie with the guy on the stool playing the guitar. wud love to kick his head in...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

"My dear old mam in her eighties, used to come around for a cup of tea. Now she comes around to use my circulation booster (giggle)"

Stupid bitch should just buy her mother one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.
    So embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

wowfa.jpg

"wow......fresh!" :rolleyes:

Colgate:

col1.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mikosyko wrote: »

"wow......fresh!" :rolleyes:

Colgate:

:rolleyes:

And its from Glade.

Especially the one where the sit talking about were they got all the stones from :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Elmo wrote: »
    And its from Glade.

Especially the one where the sit talking about were they got all the stones from :rolleyes:
    yes. who the feck has a sone collection?! And who has so many that they thought "wow finally an air freshener that will blend right in with my stone collection!" talk about niché market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Agree with lots of these but the one that really gets me at the moment is that AWFUL "Nicorette Gum" add......Guy with a bad D4 accent....."Totally!":mad::mad: errrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!

Sorry guys my mistake just seen it again and its not for "Nicorette" its "Niquitin Minis" still just as annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Agree with lots of these but the one that really gets me at the moment is that AWFUL "Nicorette Gum" add......Guy with a bad D4 accent....."Totally!":mad::mad: errrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!

I don't think it is a D4 accent is sound English too me but yes it is a very annoying ad nearly as bad as that girl a few years back doing her New Years Resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Elmo wrote: »
    I don't think it is a D4 accent is sound English too me but yes it is a very annoying ad nearly as bad as that girl a few years back doing her New Years Resolution.
    Think its just the fact he wont move his mouth to speak but just grits the words out through his teeth. Shudder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

rebel10 wrote: »
    Think its just the fact he wont move his mouth to speak but just grits the words out through his teeth. Shudder!

..and that little piece of food or spit on his bottom lip. Come on for **** sake how did that get through to the final cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The pringoooals ad. Gets on your nerves a bit after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement