Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

For me it has to be one of the money for gold adverts with the two auld mad hoors running around their house looking for gold to sell..

theres also a mobile for money advert i hate with a fat lad shouting 'WONGA!'.

found it here kinda..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That one for coco-pops with the kids singing and over pronouncing the words, "I'M not a morning person........"

I'd love to strangle the little bastards :mad:

Concern/charity ad's that get shown at meal times, very cynical :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

calex71 wrote: »
    That one for coco-pops with the kids singing and over pronouncing the words, "I'M not a morning person........"

I'd love to strangle the little bastards :mad:

Concern/charity ad's that get shown at meal times, very cynical :mad:
    Any child will be a morning person if you load them up with chocolate and sugar first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

The ad where the kid wants to use Pauls toilet because it "smells so much nicer" - hellllooooo, thats an insult to his mom's toilet and she goes along with it. Its such a stupid ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

kylie123 wrote: »
    The ad where the kid wants to use Pauls toilet because it "smells so much nicer" - hellllooooo, thats an insult to his mom's toilet and she goes along with it. Its such a stupid ad.

Maybe his mom drinks a lot of Guinness and there's nothing anyone can do about it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Crouch looks like a twat:

crouchwtf.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the new fairy ad

" i hardly ever buy fairy liquid"

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

The new Activia ad:

ddddddddddddddddddf.jpg

God I just want to punch her! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Crouch looks like a twat:

crouchwtf.jpg

:rolleyes:

Crouchy's a legend. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cami

I HATE that moonpig ad for the cards! The singing really annoys me. and the Harvey norman ads! grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Mikosyko wrote: »
    The new Activia ad:

ddddddddddddddddddf.jpg

God I just want to punch her! :mad::mad:

I've fancied her since the day she turned up in Albert Square all those moon ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That prat in the Sanyo(i think) ad with his pompous "You can see the difference.........oh,actually you can't". I want to deck him badly!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nifdy

The new Coke ad with the puppet dolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Carla?? Carla the blonde??? The intern, Carla??? Yeah yeah yeah

shes irish that girl,isnt she? the one drying her hair.
    i like her accent.....:) sick of the add though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

YER man on the toothpaste add for sensitive teeth.

"No sharp pain,no sharp pain" STFU,we heard you the first time dickhead!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

The Dell ads. I like none of them. The old ones with the crappy music and the latest one with the 'Lollipop song'! All bad!

The Laser eye surgery ones. There was an old one where people would throw their glasses away or up in the air and the latest one with that guy who has a smirk on his face, I think he is an Olympic champion or something sporty! 'They should win a medal!'

The Moy Park chicken ad. The one with the chicken rapper 'Moy P' singing about his dead relations! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Don't know if it's still on but the one that used to bug me was the centra one where there's all these tanned beautful 20 somethings drinking little bottles of beer and having roof top bbqs or having picnics in the park being really cool and bohemian surrounded by all their equally cool and bohemian w*nker buddies. Not one of them looks even remotely Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Don't know if it's still on but the one that used to bug me was the centra one where there's all these tanned beautful 20 somethings drinking little bottles of beer and having roof top bbqs or having picnics in the park being really cool and bohemian surrounded by all their equally cool and bohemian w*nker buddies. Not one of them looks even remotely Irish.
    They're the New Irish(tm) :D
    Club Orange had an ad that made us out to be a mixture of Milan, Havana and Barcelona!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

YER man on the toothpaste add for sensitive teeth.

"No sharp pain,no sharp pain" STFU,we heard you the first time dickhead!

I hate the same ad, but for a different reason..
    The girl asks the dentist lad "how does it work"?
    Dentist "its the ..............................................................Massive pause........................................................................................................Proargin formula etc. etc

GRR

They're the New Irish(tm) :D
    Club Orange had an ad that made us out to be a mixture of Milan, Havana and Barcelona!

club orange tan is the closet to what most irish women look like these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

molloyjazz wrote: »
    even in "The Midlands"?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

molloyjazz wrote: »

Are we talkin about the colour or the shape of a orange here....or both..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

the niquintin ad i hate that guys voice and want to kill him every time i hear him :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The new Vodafone one with the kazoo crap. Trying to be trendy? Load of knobheads
    And yer man with the glasses accent keeps changing in the course of the ad.At one point he sounds like he's from Yorkshire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Carla?? Carla the blonde??? The intern, Carla??? Yeah yeah yeah

If I was the bloke in that ad, I would have also thanked the girl drying her hair for revealing all. That idiot nurse with her horrible grating accent deserved to be tripped up or something as she stomped off. :D

There one ad i really hate, its only on TG4 i tihnk at night when it turns into a shopping/advert channel.. its got a lad with a yorkshire accent showing off a multi cutting cooking untensil.. its on for a good 15min, seen it loads of times of my head at 3am.. i remember one line he says something like 'whether your cooking a chilli con carne or biryany, it chops effortesly'.. he make the whole thing rhyme pretty much!..anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Those Envirophone ads make me want to spit blood :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Those "stroke" ads on at the moment, really disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

DarkJager wrote: »
    Those "stroke" ads on at the moment, really disturbing.

Definately the most striking ad's i've EVER seen...and not just because my mother died from a stroke last week.....:(

Hope you dont "despise" them for the bluntness ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sids Not wrote: »
    Definately the most striking ad's i've EVER seen...and not just because my mother died from a stroke last week.....:(

Hope you dont "despise" them for the bluntness ....

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Sid.

I don't despise them, I just find it very uncomfortable to watch..very very uncomfortable. There is something about the way they are done which is just unsettling, watching the fire in the forehead and this ominous voice telling you the steps of a stroke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement