Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Thanks.............

I know exactly what you mean, which makes them so powerful....my wife always looks away..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I can't stand the mother in that Kerrygold ad - "he'll be born in Germany but his feet will touch Irish soil first". Can't bear it - it makes me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I can't stand the mother in that Kerrygold ad - "he'll be born in Germany but his feet will touch Irish soil first". Can't bear it - it makes me feel sick.
    "sure we export all our best stuff". I hate that ad too. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That Eurospar ad with the old twonk asking for the cup of coffee with his sandwich.

Ignoring the fact that the Spar guy basically gave said old twonk his lunch (:confused:), the senile old git demands the coffee "like the one on the poster"

AAAAAAARGH!!

It's just one of those ads where there is not one person in it you can tolerate :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That ghey Holland And Barrett lad telling all the hardy rugby lads that their drugs are cheaper .... I'd say he's more likely to be dropping the soap in the shower more so than dropping a rugby ball on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

_44625617_gall_gethin_getty.jpg
    No, Gethin Jones is beautiful, beautiful. He could be selling brillo pads and i would still be captivated!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

+1 Agree, I nearly have to change the channel when it comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

el diablo wrote: »
    "sure we export all our best stuff". I hate that ad too. :confused:

If the mother's idea of 'best stuff' is having a son who eats his dinner like retarded and starved pig and carries boxes of bog with him everywhere then good for her! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

That Eurospar ad with the old twonk asking for the cup of coffee with his sandwich.

Ignoring the fact that the Spar guy basically gave said old twonk his lunch (:confused:), the senile old git demands the coffee "like the one on the poster"

AAAAAAARGH!!

It's just one of those ads where there is not one person in it you can tolerate :mad:

I don't have the option of thanking you 15 times on the ole thank button, but thanks for highlighting just how ****e this ad is. I hate it and get the urge to smash things everytime it comes on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Hate the ad for dulcoeaze (thinks that's the name of the product anyway!) A product for dealing with irritable bowel or some rubbish like that where they have four yokes sitting having lunch together and they disuss the product and how it softens their stools when constipated, as you would do when having food like! The women are meant to resemble the Sex in the City girls. It's all so cringey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Those English World Cup ad's are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kellog's "I'm not a morning person" - lets get a bunch of kids who can't sing on an ad because that is cute, what child isn't a morning person?

Bring back Coco the Monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I hate ads that advertise in Ireland and show website URL's with .co.uk web addresses.

I'm not a raving republican but I think it is lazy of companies who do business here not to bother with a .ie address or just use a .com.

Lots of companies advertise this, film studios advertise loads of films here as filmname.co.uk and at the moment I see Canon running ads on RTE for a new camera with a UK address. I find it disrespectful to the market here and lazy research and understanding.

Sorry for ranting but I wonder if this bothers anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Sweet jesus...........if i see that mono toned Padraig Harrington ad once more.....:mad::mad::mad:

"People often ask me.....who the fcuk are you......:rolleyes:

Apparently if you drink Lucozade, you WONT crash the car... how are they allowed to propagate this rubbish?

Apparently if you drink Lucozade, you WONT crash the car... how are they allowed to propagate this rubbish?

:confused: Can they measure the level of Lucozade in your blood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

I hate the ad where that annoying girl wont go to her friends house because she is making Betty Crocker cakes with her mother,who looks like she would be delighted for her to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

What about the one thats for nivea for men or something like that where its a roll-on thing for under a guys eyes so that he doesnt get bags etc??? Who the hell would buy that??? Ronaldo maybe but anyone self-respecting??

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Probably mentioned a load of times already, but the ads with George Hook promoting Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Probably mentioned a load of times already, but the ads with George Hook promoting Sky.
    Cringeworthy and his tone of voice and general demeanour makes me want to grab my sky box and throw it through the tv screen.

Political commentator my arse. Sky sell-out more like.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

the nike - write the future ads. god i hate them. if you wear nike, you can get a statue made of you. utter sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

"My name is Ed...blah blah" the gimp with the banjaxed knee in the latest VHI ad. Pre season training my hoop, he looks like he couldn't kick his way out of a paper bag. VHI ads suck.

ollaetta wrote: »
    "My name is Ed...blah blah" the gimp with the banjaxed knee in the latest VHI ad. Pre season training my hoop, he looks like he couldn't kick his way out of a paper bag. VHI ads suck.

lol

The ad with the kid with the eczema isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

Lucozade Sport ad with the sports guru from University of Ulster - with his grating Belfast accent. Utter bunkum. Go and drink a bottle of tap water for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

ollaetta wrote: »

He does look slightly unfit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

The Ronaldo Castrol ad... Hot plaaaces... Cold Plaaaces.... Argh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I hate any ad that apes sex and the city.You know,over dressed women ogling shoes,clothes and striding about like they own the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

darkdubh wrote: »
    I hate any ad that apes sex and the city.You know,over dressed women ogling shoes,clothes and striding about like they own the place.

Like that Muller advert, and the West Coast cooler rosé and that new flora ad... loads more I'm sure!

The ad for Grey's Anatomy "NO freakin' way" ..... I hope the shooter works his way through all the doctors, starting with that pr1ck Patrick Dempsey, and doesnt stop until he's cleared out the writers / producers / everybody involved with this rubbish show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

darkdubh wrote: »
    There's one on the TV now just like this, and they're talking about stool softener. Over lunch. Stool softener.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement