Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Noeladishi

1) That gimp on the colgate ad, no sharp pain, no sharp pain. WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SAY IT TWICE IN THE SAME ****ING ANNOYING TONE??!! What a cock.

2) Ed on the VHI ads. We never actually find out what happened to him. That really bugs me!!

3) Its either a vodafone or meteor ad with the little indie twats at a house party all just on their phones.

4) And all Sky news ads. They just ****ing make me so angry!!

Dolorous wrote: »
    This is one of the worst things I have ever seen. :mad:

Yep really bad animation. And rubbish jokes. Listening to Bertie Ahern impersonated on gift grub for the past ten years has put me off any impersonations of him.

Another crap ad is the allianz insurance ad. What is up with the really cheap animation?? I dont know why but it annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tweedo

That new ad with cantona in it. Whats going on in it!?

The Budweiser Ad when the cleaner finds a load of bennys frozen and stuck together. Why is there a beer pipe running over a hotel room ?? Badly thought out ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

All these Bulmers ads with the village idiots working in ye olde brewery need to die now, something really smug and irritating about them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Thargor wrote: »
    All these Bulmers ads with the village idiots working in ye olde brewery need to die now, something really smug and irritating about them.
    Words cannot express how much i hate those ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

Has anyone said this one yet??

The annoying ad with that stupid child who informs his mother that he's "going to do a poo at paul's house".

My thought on seeing this ad is "Go on then, I don't want to smell your sh1t anyway! Go ask Paul's ma if she'll adopt you while you're at it!"
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

phasers wrote: »
    There's one on the TV now just like this, and they're talking about stool softener. Over lunch. Stool softener.:mad:

I saw that ad! I don't know why ads portray women as so willing to speak about their bowel movements and whether they pain them or not!

That's male territory right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Lynseyp wrote: »
    Has anyone said this one yet??

The annoying ad with that stupid child who informs his mother that he's "going to do a poo at paul's house".

My thought on seeing this ad is "Go on then, I don't want to smell your sh1t anyway! Go ask Paul's ma if she'll adopt you while you're at it!"
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Right there with ya....
    That ad annoys the **** out of me. Also the mother's face, theres no surprise there, she just smiles like its all normal - helllllooo. Also the way the boy speaks " I wont to use Pols looooo", so very very posh - you'd think he'd have better manners eh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

all those ads for philedephia cheese with that dundon twat.
    does anyone else find him uber creepy looking, with his goggled eyed manic goofy grin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That Heineken ad with the "gigolo" song. Its on every single ad break during the world cup and hearing that snippet of the song multiple times during the day is getting annoying. It's an "instant-mute" when it starts...

"Carla? CARLA! CARLA!" is another "mute on sight", before my blood boils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

all those ads for philedephia cheese with that dundon twat.
    does anyone else find him uber creepy looking, with his goggled eyed manic goofy grin.

He looks like a grasshopper.
    RVD420 wrote: »

"Carla? CARLA! CARLA!" is another "mute on sight", before my blood boils.

That horrible, horrible woman. And the kooky, quirky one drying her hair is almost as annoying.

The most irritating ad of the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That Coco Pops advert with the extremely nauseating children singing in it. Instant mute the second it comes on. My most hated advert of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

He looks like a grasshopper.

That horrible, horrible woman. And the kooky, quirky one drying her hair is almost as annoying.

The most irritating ad of the past few years.

Very true, ya can hardly blame the doctor for cheating with "CARLA!?!?!" if that's the sort of garbage he has to listen to every day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The one where the woman is at the drive thru and she's telling yer man what diets she's been on. ****in nordie fat bint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

FearDark wrote: »
    The one where the woman is at the drive thru and she's telling yer man what diets she's been on. ****in nordie fat bint.

HAI NAI BRAIYN CAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MADoverMBNA

Barrys Tea Ad - "sss-d'ya remember maTTTTTTT?" "I said iSSSSS iTTTTTT a daTTTTTE,
    he said I dunno, iSSSSSSS iTTTTTTTT?"

Agggggh! ****in HATE that lissssssssspin b***h!!!!!!
    All in the T's and the S's - get some elocution b***h! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MADoverMBNA

Mikosyko wrote: »
    The new Activia ad:

ddddddddddddddddddf.jpg

God I just want to punch her! :mad::mad:

Yes, me too - I find her cheeckbones to be most annoying, they bug the f*****g hell outta me! Sneaky looking cauckney sparra'!

....mmmm....Danone! :mad: :mad: :mad:

*homocidal now*, I'm only making myself worse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Barrys Tea Ad - "sss-d'ya remember maTTTTTTT?" "I said iSSSSS iTTTTTT a daTTTTTE,
    he said I dunno, iSSSSSSS iTTTTTTTT?"

Agggggh! ****in HATE that lissssssssspin b***h!!!!!!
    All in the T's and the S's - get some elocution b***h! :mad:

No it isn't a lisp it is a soft T

She is saying

Is et d'ya? is et?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Yes, me too - I find her cheeckbones to be most annoying, they bug the f*****g hell outta me! Sneaky looking cauckney sparra'!

....mmmm....Danone! :mad: :mad: :mad:

*homocidal now*, I'm only making myself worse

She's a hottie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

CARLA?!? CARLA THE BLONDE?!?!?!

I won't say anymore about this piece of crap cos if I do I will only land myself in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

CARLA?!? CARLA THE BLONDE?!?!?! I won't say anymore about this piece of crap cos if I do I will only land myself in trouble
    Think that's Dawn Bradfield again, the most whingey fukn Cork accent ever... "He's seeing Carla behind your back"... awful ad... puts me off watching the soccer... every fukn break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

CARLA?!? CARLA THE BLONDE?!?!?!

I won't say anymore about this piece of crap cos if I do I will only land myself in trouble

I hate this ad too. I hate the one for wimax with urman sitting on the stool singing about it:rolleyes:

Think that's Dawn Bradfield again, the most whingey fukn Cork accent ever... "He's seeing Carla behind your back"... awful ad... puts me off watching the soccer... every fukn break.

From Pure Mule?, I don't think it is her. It is the two actors in the Grey's Ananto-esq tv show that irritate me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

From Pure Mule?, I don't think it is her. It is the two actors in the Grey's Ananto-esq tv show that irritate me .

I think it's her.. Judge for yourself.. http://www.voicebank.ie/dawn_bradfield.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The Nissan ad. If they are so sad to see cars leaving their garages then nobody should buy them and they would be happy. If you want to prevent a nissan dealer from sobbing like a baby don't buy a car off him. Whatever idiot dreamed up that ad clearly wasn't thinking of selling cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Febreeze ad with the car and the granny is creepy.

I think it's her.. Judge for yourself.. http://www.voicebank.ie/dawn_bradfield.html

I am not so sure, I see the similarities but she didn't look like that in either The Clinic or Pure Mule IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh no, the fecking Guiness ad is back... To Martha! To Farmers etc, and its a fecking extended edition this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh no, the fecking Guiness ad is back... To Martha! To Farmers etc, and its a fecking extended edition this time.

Yep,and we've 3 months of it to endure!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement