Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

That stupid coco pops advert with the animated dancing milkmen. Yeah, the ones with the sticks jigging like twats.

Also, the Wrigleys advert with the guy who walks like hes got a stick up his arse with the little onions and stuff following him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

FearDark wrote: »
    The one where the woman is at the drive thru and she's telling yer man what diets she's been on. ****in nordie fat bint.

There's another one in the same vein now,some lad and his ma' and how she loves him no matter what size he is!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lord lucan wrote: »
    There's another one in the same vein now,some lad and his ma' and how she loves him no matter what size he is!!:mad:

Did they buy the ads in from the North and retag them or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thargor wrote: »
    All these Bulmers ads with the village idiots working in ye olde brewery need to die now, something really smug and irritating about them.

Awful, awful ads. It's the falseness of them, plus the Frodo shire type music irritates me no end.

Speaking of music in ads, the Discover Ireland ones always has me reaching for the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did they buy the ads in from the North and retag them or what?

It is an EU ad.

Look at the Car accident ads, you notice that on UTV they have NI accents and NI regs and then on the RTÉ ads they have ROI accents and ROI regs. On Dunnes Stores ads the VO artists puts on an NI accent for UTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Yep,and we've 3 months of it to endure!:eek:

I'm sure i heard someone in the ad shout.."to NAMA"............:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

Awful, awful ads. It's the falseness of them, plus the Frodo shire type music irritates me no end.

Speaking of music in ads, the Discover Ireland ones always has me reaching for the remote.
    yeah that ad is horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh no, the fecking Guiness ad is back... To Martha! To Farmers etc, and its a fecking extended edition this time.
    Its all part of a plot to turn 'Arthurs Day':rolleyes: into some sort of a Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Valentines Day type of thing. In a couple of years Diageo will be encouraging us to send gift wrapped 6 packs to our nearest and dearest on 'Arthurs Day'

Its all part of a plot to turn 'Arthurs Day':rolleyes: into some sort of a Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Valentines Day type of thing. In a couple of years Diageo will be encouraging us to send gift wrapped 6 packs to our nearest and dearest on 'Arthurs Day'

We could dedicate the day after Arthur's Day to Armitage Shanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

FearDark wrote: »
    The one where the woman is at the drive thru and she's telling yer man what diets she's been on. ****in nordie fat bint.

lol that was a woman working in the drive thru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"I use Philadelphia cheese in this... particular recipe"

Yea good for you ya fish face twat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

those laser-eye surgery ads with that fúcker padraig harrington.

"oh and of course, you need great vision. that's why i had laser eye surgery" :mad:

for the majority of people, you DON'T need laser-eye surgery. fúcking sell-out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

Can anyone explain to me why Celia Ahern needs to do an ad for Littlewoods Ireland ? Surely a millionairess like herself doesnt need to whore herself ?

whiteman19 wrote: »
    those laser-eye surgery ads with that fúcker padraig harrington.

"oh and of course, you need great vision. that's why i had laser eye surgery" :mad:

for the majority of people, you DON'T need laser-eye surgery. fúcking sell-out. :mad:

He used a different company for his laser-eye surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

Luis21 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why Celia Ahern needs to do an ad for Littlewoods Ireland ? Surely a millionairess like herself doesnt need to whore herself ?

Haha true. Another one is George Hook advertising sky, every two seconds, the man is an out and out ballbag. Just a horrible twat in general

stephen090 wrote: »
    Haha true. Another one is George Hook, the man is an out and out ballbag. Just a horrible twat in general

MONEY FABULOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What's the story with them 98FM ads with a seal that sounds like Antonio Banderas? Feckin' chronic!

As for them ads for Spar with the gimp Fergus,the less said the better!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

Elmo wrote: »

MONEY FABULOUS

Hahaha that is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

George Hook....what a douche. It wasn't too long ago he was giving out stink about how sky were gonna "destroy" rugby, and sports in general....

A golden handshake later....

Now sky "care" about you and your tv experience!

/facepalm

RVD420 wrote: »
    George Hook....what a douche. It wasn't too long ago he was giving out stink about how sky were gonna "destroy" rugby, and sports in general....A golden handshake later....Now sky "care" about you and your tv experience!
    Yeah I started a thread about this about six months ago.. Seems like there is nobody left any more who stands for anything, or has principles... He criticised them and was then bought off...

Anybody know how much he would have been paid for his promotional work?
    (At least 30 pieces of silver I would have thought)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Arthur's Day Guinness Ad, Fcuking sour cabbage pisswater,September is 2 months away. Brennan's Bread ads on the radio, that old bastard is too happy and the bread is like chewing gum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

there should be a seperate thread for crap radio ads I hate the Kildare village Sex in the ****y rip off

there should be a seperate thread for crap radio ads I hate the Kildare village Sex in the ****y rip off

There is..... on the radio forum.. :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173575

RVD420 wrote: »
    Now sky "care" about you and your tv experience!

MONEY FABULOUS

Mods this thread deserves to be stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That fcukin VW Polo add where the instructor asks the girl to read the Polo billboard and they're all omfg.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

As for them ads for Spar with the gimp Fergus,the less said the better!:mad:

I often wonder if he's based on Breffny from the Apprentice!

I often wonder if he's based on Breffny from the Apprentice!

No you will see him in ads for spar from a few years back. The one were they are building the spar tree out of spar homebrand products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is a guy in those Bulmers ads who reminds me of Joe O Reilly, who was jailed for killing his wife:eek:
    Yeah, second that about the Discover Ireland ads, especially the one with the Heathers song on it. Brutal:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The new northern ireland ad is awful and must be dangerous to people with epilepsy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement