Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

George Hook's one drives me mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Those god awful Rowntrees Randoms

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Febreze ads. MMMMMM, FRESH.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

The Febreze ads. MMMMMM, FRESH.:mad:
    Same here!!! "Have you smelt this chair?" No I'm not as stupid as you going around smelling chairs!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

there's a new Febreeze ad :mad:
    two lads are picking up their granny and she's like "ooooh, new car, boys?"
    Fúck you, Febreeze, no-one notices if a car has no smell at all
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Thargor wrote: »
    All these Bulmers ads with the village idiots working in ye olde brewery need to die now, something really smug and irritating about them.

Don't get me started. I used to find these ads mildly annoying, now I just despise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

This one!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally freaks me out! Theres one on the radio aswell...its like a serial killer voice or somethin. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Grrr I hate the Wayne Rooney ad where his takes his top off:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

The idiotic,moustached,dinner suited ,tenor twat singing" Go Compare,Go Compare"...go to be *ucked!:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

73Cat wrote: »
    There is a guy in those Bulmers ads who reminds me of Joe O Reilly, who was jailed for killing his wife:eek:
    Yeah, second that about the Discover Ireland ads, especially the one with the Heathers song on it. Brutal:(
    Ha,ha i know the guy you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

there's something very creepy about the birds eye ad with the polar bear in the freezer. also, i'm convinced the bulmers village idiot adverts are on every single ad break on every single station, wrecks my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

there's something very creepy about the birds eye ad with the polar bear in the freezer. also, i'm convinced the bulmers village idiot adverts are on every single ad break on every single station, wrecks my brain.

"But unlike clouds, you can put baked beans on top"...put simply, fuk off... :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

"GO COMPARE, GO COMPARE"

you know the one. head wrecking is an under-statement.

Other than that every other advert on tv is just unwatchavble. All crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

The Bike Insurer :mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

OisinT wrote: »
    The new northern ireland ad is awful and must be dangerous to people with epilepsy
    Theres an ad for i think smirnoff or some other drink,featuring a party and it has similar head wrecking visual effects.I always have to switch it over to avoid migrane.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

darkdubh wrote: »
    Theres an ad for i think smirnoff or some other drink,featuring a party and it has similar head wrecking visual effects.I always have to switch it over to avoid migrane.

Yeah. I don't understand this ad. Initially I thought the backgrounds were changing to make it look like you can have a good night in, but the backgrounds aren't changing. It is just a different camera angel????:confused:

And there is currently an ad for a peugeot car in which the driver doesn't seem to want to drive the car????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

The Bike Insurer :mad::mad::mad:

:D:D:D......i love this ad...not for the strange little figures, but for the Madness song...cant help singing along .."Bike Insurah.....bike insurah..........:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That creepy Poli Bear in the freezer for the fish fingers ad makes me want to cry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This is just shockingly bad imo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

g0rdon wrote: »
    The new ad for 98fm with the seal in it. Does my head in

It doesn't even look like it was shot in Dublin either, does it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Scarlet for George Hook with his arse-licking of Sky. That said, there's comedy value to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The one for the cleanliness wipes with the girl narrating it. I genuinely don't know if this girl is Irish or just has the most Americanized Irish accent I've ever heard but it goes like this : "Instant cleanliness....In a packet!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

PJ, Mosser, all the lads. **** off ya tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

zimovain wrote: »
    PJ, Mosser, all the lads. **** off ya tosser.

this was on before and now its back. everytime I hear it I really really want to hurt that guy. :mad:

tvnutz wrote: »
    this was on before and now its back. everytime I hear it I really really want to hurt that guy. :mad:

I had forgotten about this ad. Didn't have a clue what zimovain was talking about. Just saw the ad. Aghhhhhhhhhh.

Elikwood and the Bereto race :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There's an ad on at the moment with your wan out of High School Musical in it, I think it's for moisturiser or something.

It is so badly dubbed! I've never seen an ad done that badly.

But the thing is they're not dubbing an accent over it or anything, it's still an American girl talking. They must have changed the wording for the UK/Irish ads? :confused:

Poor dubbing wrecks my head. Re-shoot it or leave it!

phasers wrote: »
    It is so badly dubbed! I've never seen an ad done that badly.

Crunchy Nut ad with the Radio DJ. I think they got the actors to move their mouths up and down so as to mimic talking and then re-dubbed the ad with as many languages/accents as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Another one with dodgy dubbing, the just for men ad where the dad will need......"more ties!

(then everyone cracks up. hilarious:rolleyes: )

Also annoying, the new halifax (?) where the dj keeps answering the goon's questions by turning up the volume on a Stereo MCs track (yeah, yeah, yeah!). Garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Anyone else notice the Colgate ad....the've left out the pause in "Pro
    Argin"........now he just says ProArgin.....at last....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mallister

Does anyone else get annoyed watching that stupid ad for Deep River Rock? It just drives me feckin nuts. Nothing to do with water just a load of wacky mad-cap images of not-as-you-would-expect people. The old man with the mohawk, the burly tatooed biker in the tutu, the hot chick walkin the pig down the street. The ad people must have thought ‘Ooooh look at us. We’re so crazy and this is so funny!’. Sell us water you gob****es! Come up with some creativity for Gods sake! And then yer one in the mini ends up takin her kit off as they leave this crazy little town..WTF?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement