Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

and the new one for the dettol soap thingy with the sensor... i dont care if i touch a germy soap pump - I'M ABOUT TO WASH MY HANDS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

This may have been on this thread already but has anyone else noticed the new centra ad to show they are sponsoring the GAA but the tool in the tux is getting ready to go to some rugby do with mosser and pj, then the wife gets a call (from downstairs maybe??) that the kids are sick and she has to stay home to mind them???

It does not make any sense at all and really makes me want to slap the taste out of that tools mouth tux or no tux.

I hope some poor pr1ck got fired for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Mick990 wrote: »
    This may have been on this thread already but has anyone else noticed the new centra ad to show they are sponsoring the GAA but the tool in the tux is getting ready to go to some rugby do with mosser and pj, then the wife gets a call (from downstairs maybe??) that the kids are sick and she has to stay home to mind them???

It does not make any sense at all and really makes me want to slap the taste out of that tools mouth tux or no tux.

I hear ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

The migraine one with the woman with the most irritating voice ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mick990 wrote: »

The kids aren't sick, I assumed the babysitter was.

Still a ****e ad though. "PJ, Mosser..." Oh shut up you eejit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

This ad with this snob......

154ivdc.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Don Carlos Olive oil a$s add! WTF????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

efb wrote: »
    Don Carlos Olive oil a$s add! WTF????

Its aimed at the same sort of men that watch Spartacus Blood and Sand ,and The 300..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All those WKD ads I really hate them, loads of blokes being all blokey-pah.
    I would never hang around with anyone who acts like them.
    Plus anyone who would drink a bright blue beverage needs their head checked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

zimovain wrote: »
    PJ, Mosser, all the lads. **** off ya tosser.
    Wouldent a real rugger bugger say all the goys?

Sids Not wrote: »
    Its aimed at the same sort of men that watch Spartacus Blood and Sand ,and The 300..........:D

Love them, don't love this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The irritating WiMax guy who sings (badly) that horrible headwrecking song - I wanna take that guitar and belt him over the head with it.

The Coco Pops ad with the singing children - "I should still be in bed Mum, I'm not a morning person". Yeah, well get the hell over it you whiny little twats and be glad that your fool of a mother buys you Coco Pops. If you were my kids, you'd be getting Tesco Value Muesli with water instead of milk.

The BT ads - who honestly gives a damn about Adam and Jane? Just get a divorce and be done with it. :rolleyes: Then, hopefully, you'll both die in a big fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I can't take that Airtricity ad any longer - the one with the cartoon characters going on about "bottom pinching".

WTF does any of that have to do with electricity! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The red top newspaper (can't remember which) one with the young boy pretending to be a grown-up football pundit - oh my god it's horrific. There are two versions - one for Irish TV, one for British. The English kid is all right as he's fairly subtle and non self conscious, but the Irish kid... :eek: Off the chart self conscious, forced, unnatural... And the way he's using all the Sky TV lingo, much of which just sounds stupid coming from an Irish person... It's frightfully cringey... And the kid is seriously annoying.

Dudess wrote: »
    The red top newspaper (can't remember which) one with the young boy pretending to be a grown-up football pundit - oh my god it's horrific. There are two versions - one for Irish TV, one for British. The English kid is all right as he's fairly subtle and non self conscious, but the Irish kid... :eek: Off the chart self conscious, forced, unnatural... And the way he's using all the Sky TV lingo, much of which just sounds stupid coming from an Irish person... It's frightfully cringey... And the kid is seriously annoying.

I hate that ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but that bloody Tampax ad with Mother Nature, "Pearls? I invented them dear" and yer wan going "Actually we can stay".

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MikeyZozo

Those money supermarket ads drive me insane. They're on all the time, they keep making new ones, and, worst of all, those ads ruined the comedian Omid Djalili, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭jkforde

that 'After Work' Meteor one, jasus! the only redeeming feature is the gorgeous actress at the beginning and the end :eek:. have to clean out the mind with soap every time! other than that, it's inane like most of their portfolio of ads

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cat Deeley - Swwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!

Fcuk off!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 uxvox

The West Coast Cooler one.

Wow, Wexford street is just so SATC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjxlfqNX0w

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We are no longer millionaires blah blah blah Television experience blah blah blah Sky Plus blah bloody blah......

Shut the fcuk Hook. I was never a poxy millionaire to begin with. And if I was, I wouldn't be dossing around in front of a tv set worrying about my television experience.

I'd be too busy trying to get my cash back.
    What an awful bloody ad. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

jkforde wrote: »
    that 'After Work' Meteor one, jasus! the only redeeming feature is the gorgeous actress at the beginning and the end :eek:. have to clean out the mind with soap every time! other than that, it's inane like most of their portfolio of ads
    I hate that ad so much:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

All the ads when the peoples lips move but different words come out :mad: Wrecks my head
    e.g Cilit Bang

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

All the ads when the peoples lips move but different words come out :mad: Wrecks my head
    e.g Cilit Bang

Yeah, that Crunchy Nut one, where the DJ "accidentally" goes on-air and everyone hears how much he loves crunchy nut etc. The dubbing is SO bad.
    And even weirder is the neutrogena ad with Vanessa Hugens.....her voice is dubbed by a girl with an american accent...WTF is that? V.H. IS American....??????:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ugh that new Dairygold one where that kid with the glasses takes a bite of toast at the end. Want to strangle that little bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

those eye clinic ad with the rowing guy. they are on all the time ! plus he is a squinty eyed yoke. super super stupid ad. who cares that glasses are not for you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Theres an ad for a hair replacement centre in Blackrock I think.
    The two men (irish celebs?) in it are really weird and unnatural looking.
    The first time I saw it I thought it was a comedy sketch or a spoof ad.
    When you see them first one is sitting down and the other is standing baside him and from the look on their faces you would swear that the camera crew had just walked in and caught them in flagrante delicto:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Thirst Pockets - "The power of an elephant in one sheet"

Eh....no. No it's not. I'm pretty sure an elephant is a tad more powerful than a flimsy sheet of kitchen paper. Also that kid deserves a smack in the head for dropping his ice-cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The new Weetabix ad with the 3 muppets(literally and figuratively)!!

And that ad for Tropicana with the San Francisco dj,sounds like the greatest bore you could ever hear on radio!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement