Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Dudess wrote: »
    The red top newspaper (can't remember which) one with the young boy pretending to be a grown-up football pundit - oh my god it's horrific. There are two versions - one for Irish TV, one for British. The English kid is all right as he's fairly subtle and non self conscious, but the Irish kid... :eek: Off the chart self conscious, forced, unnatural... And the way he's using all the Sky TV lingo, much of which just sounds stupid coming from an Irish person... It's frightfully cringey... And the kid is seriously annoying.

So cringey,I actually think the English kid is worse,but both are as you said, horrific.

As for other ads...

*badly dubbed/horrible acting*
    Wash it! Wash it? Wash it with Febreeze!
    *badly dubbed/horrible acting*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

The Tena Lady one. 'What's the first thing you notice about me?'
    Yea we noticed you haven't pissed yourself, now feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

The Rountree Randoms ad really takes the jam out of my doughnut . I have to change the channel pronto before i start shouting profanities at the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Lapin wrote: »
    We are no longer millionaires blah blah blah Television experience blah blah blah Sky Plus blah bloody blah......

Shut the fcuk Hook. I was never a poxy millionaire to begin with. And if I was, I wouldn't be dossing around in front of a tv set worrying about my television experience.

I'd be too busy trying to get my cash back.
    What an awful bloody ad. :mad:

I actually glad they made it cos it resulted in some hilarious Gift Grub sketches "Lucy in the SKY with diamonds ... " :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Anyone see that lotto ad set in the Dublin docklands?There's so many money shots of ethnic minorities that i thought at first it was London till they showed the conference center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What in the name of fcuk were Cadburys thinking with this latest bit of stupidity:

http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad_details.php?id=e6ae8

It just goes on and on until you change the channel, it has nothing to do with chocolate anyway. All these "Glass and a Half Production" things they've done have been so pointless and irritating and they're always way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

The ridiculous Go Compare & Compare the Market / Meerkat ads. Gah! Get off my telly!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Mick990 wrote: »
    The Rountree Randoms ad really takes the jam out of my doughnut . I have to change the channel pronto before i start shouting profanities at the tv

I've got to do the very same thing with them fcuking ads. Just wait until Jedward starts doing them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The Meteor "youths" it encapulates nicely what is wrong with that twat generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Not on tv, but still an advert on a lot of billboards....

Second in from the left, what a plonker. :mad:

19-07-10-BP-Lite30Offer-Home-72506.jpg?1279553146

• Advertisement

RVD420 wrote: »
    Not on tv, but still an advert on a lot of billboards....

Second in from the left, what a plonker. :mad:

19-07-10-BP-Lite30Offer-Home-72506.jpg?1279553146

ROFL, that IS bad. What a douche!:p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Dudess wrote: »
    The red top newspaper (can't remember which) one with the young boy pretending to be a grown-up football pundit - oh my god it's horrific. There are two versions - one for Irish TV, one for British. The English kid is all right as he's fairly subtle and non self conscious, but the Irish kid... :eek: Off the chart self conscious, forced, unnatural... And the way he's using all the Sky TV lingo, much of which just sounds stupid coming from an Irish person... It's frightfully cringey... And the kid is seriously annoying.
    Agreed worse ad I've ever seen, it's actually embarrassing.

And whatever Lucy Kennedy advertises "Nice one Dave you're really funny" at the end. Shut the **** up...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That Tesco ad with Jane Horrocks doing the voice over is hyper annoying.
    The way she pronounces "sorted" really does my head in, by the third time she says it my teeth are always grinding:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Any ad where a woman (alone usually) in a house with some minor problem,say a stain on the carpet, is suddenly confronted by a stranger (usually male) and doesnt scream or skull them with the nearest sharp object...you know the ones..:rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

ah those Lucy Kennedy ads make my teeth itch
    . 'Aaaaaaaaaaaah Sandwiches!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

InReality wrote: »
    those eye clinic ad with the rowing guy. they are on all the time ! plus he is a squinty eyed yoke. super super stupid ad. who cares that glasses are not for you ??

note the several rowing/olympic puns he gets in there

'stroke of genius'

'they deserve (pause) a medal'

And why is he rotating on some platform whilst looking misty eyed at the end. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

those fecking KFC ads :mad: such stupid music as well.

the miCoach ad for adidas...miCoach says fúck off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I absolutely hate the ad for Olay with Fiona Phillips. "These days people often ask me if cheaper anti ageing creams are a smart way of looking after your skin". NO THEY DONT! They ask you when you're gonna get a job, ya spanner:mad:

That BASTARD Wimax ad.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Manic Preacher

George Hook on the sky ads, pretty ironic that old George is a pundit on RTE, George goes where the money is, fair play to the waffling gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

George Hook on the sky ads, pretty ironic that old George is a pundit on RTE, George goes where the money is, fair play to the waffling gob****e

"It's out there so why not have it?!?!?"

Pleb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Detest those Sky ads with George Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Theres a ad for breakfast biscuits:confused: with Johnny Vaughan and some woman doing a radio show that always drives me round the twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Lisa Snowdon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

That Last Airbender ad where they don't talk about the crappy movie itself, but the crappy 3D. All the dude says "airbending in 3D" while some bad CG pops out off the screen into the moviegoers in attendence.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Theres a ad for breakfast biscuits:confused: with Johnny Vaughan and some woman doing a radio show that always drives me round the twist.

Yep, this one is getting more annoying with each viewing.... Snowden's over-pronunciation of "brrrr-eakfast" in particular.

"We buy any car".....I can see this overtaking "Go Compare" in terms of annoyance soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That ad about crossing the road safely with all the kids singing another brick in the wall.

I just want a truck to mow them all down! :mad:

The KFC ad with that cheeky f*cker saying "are we there yet?" :mad:

Those pathetic ads with the freaky animated characters made of cloths advertising Comfort. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RVD420 wrote: »
    Yep, this one is getting more annoying with each viewing.... Snowden's over-pronunciation of "brrrr-eakfast" in particular.

I also think they should have Ian Dempsey doing this ad for an Irish Audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

"The bend in the river"
    That plonker from Fair city narrates it with his big cheesy annoying voice. Really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

The insurance fraud ad with your man's nose growing and pixalising. It's brutal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement