Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Littlewoods ad with Morahan, Doyle and whoever the other nobody is...
    All slow motion, big teeth and knowing facial expressions, that don't really have much point at all, except to try and instill in potential customers some sort of celebrity based domestic bliss and make them part with their hard earned for over priced tat at uncompetivie interest rates.

Halifax UK ads that I mentioned in some other thread on AH... winner in the categories of:
    worst music ever
    worst bunch of plebs to be assembled in one studio
    most likely to incite extreme violence from members of the public
    best anti-advert* for 2010

*Anti-advert: advert which is more likely to have customers avoid the product/service being promoted lest they be seen to support any company stupid enough to commision such rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Aqalite from pantene!!!

Makeaswish.fu

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Wertz wrote: »
    Littlewoods ad with Morahan, Doyle and whoever the other nobody is...

Cecelia Ahern; Bertie's Daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cheerleader

I know it's probably not very polically correct, but the advert for Concern on Ireland AM every morning.
    I wish they would practice safe sex instead of condemming these poor innocent children to that fate.

Does it make me angry?
    Your damm right it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

Not sure if its still being shown, but that one with Alexanda Burke endorsing some beauty product whilst acting like an idiot.

• Advertisement

Not sure if its still being shown, but that one with Alexanda Burke endorsing some beauty product whilst acting like an idiot.

Sure deodorant- scarleh for her Ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

the nutrogena ad with vanessa hudgens....i can't remember why she's famous but i'm pretty sure she's english speaking so why is it so atrociously dubbed.

George hook is back on with a different version of the sky ad........bleating on about the colour of the grass and the stars like he's on an acid trip ! surely when he was filming these ads someone could have said, ' look georgie, calm down a bit, it's a t.v. service ffs.......they didn't invent the wheel ! if he's come on screen and just said ' yeah i have sky, it's grand, dead handy like !'.....i'd have given him more credence. as it is i want to rip out my sky box and beat him over the head with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Brennans bread adverts :mad:
    Fleetwood wood, would fleetwood ads :mad:
    Under da tree at Spar, ha ha . . . :mad:

Have to, just have to turn off when any of those three dverts come on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    "The bend in the river"
    That plonker from Fair city narrates it with his big cheesy annoying voice. Really annoying.

Recently noticed he's on a ton of ads doing the rounds. He's the voice in that annoying O2 ad about the "summer of new faces, new places, free fay's book and twittah"
    It's him putting on some weird "accent". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 neelerwheeler

a few ads that really get me ...

"d'you want condoms with that?"

the really annoying alpen or whatever cereal it is ad .... "is there clusters in there too?" like it doesnt look that tempting and stop being so lazy and just pour yourself a bowl without salivating over your fathers breakfast ..

the don carlos ad really aggravates me, they spend about 20 seconds focusing on his ass

oh and ... GO COMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE
    GRRRRRR

• Advertisement

rachel allen with her 'signatures soondwiches'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

That ad with the 4 people in the car that he hits them with his head after two other cars crash into them and the copper says 3 dead and the guy in the back without the seatbelt did the damage!!! What about the car that crashes into them on the wrong side of the road...

makes me want to f**k the telly out the window :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dazza_480

i hate adds that are sexist against men

Wimax Ad- Bebo in the ad? thats how up to date your midband cr@p is chrome head!
    Also dettol pump, you cleam your hands after you squirt the pump, so the germs are distroyed, duh! This is for people who buy actimel...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

We're almost in September....

O2 Ad: "It's going to be a long summer...."

:rolleyes:

Brennans Bread 'Whipper Shnapper Shays Shy" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder does Gabriel Byrne even know what "Twidder" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I wonder does Gabriel Byrne even know what "Twidder" is?
    Hopefully not, as we don't want another celeb jumping on the pointless bandwagon.

Also, does that Abrakebabra advert with Jedward in it still air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Radio Nova with your wan laying on the bed playing air guitar. At first you'd swear she'd having a feckin orgasm but then the camera pans back and the gimp is there rockin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The one telling you to watch yer diet with the stout girl from up north somewhere bragging to the drive thru girl about her weight loss endeavours, "I've been on the fibre diet, the high protein diet." The other one in that series of ads features another northern fellow eating fattening foods cooked by his mother. Do I see a theme developing with regards to the people featured and their regional background??? Very cringeworthy and preachy. Definitely up there
    with "Knockoff Nigel" in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Kerrygold ad where the family emigrating to Germany bring a box of Irish muck with them so their unborn child's feet "will touch Irish soil first". :D

Not a good ad.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I hate ads that make it clear that they use "real" people to promote their cr*p.

They just focus on how disorientated and amateurish the people are in front of the camera, and zoom in the reactions of bystanders, especially if they look bemused in any way.

Example: The new Milky Bar ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Another example: confused.com ads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

They revived that hideous Knorr ad with that stupid girl talking about her family.I hate everything about it,her grating accent,the music, the camera angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Radio Nova with your wan laying on the bed playing air guitar. At first you'd swear she'd having a feckin orgasm but then the camera pans back and the gimp is there rockin out.

Yeah it's obvious what they are aiming for with that one.

Shouldn't be played during the day tbh. If it was a bloke in the ad, there would be murder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Another annoying ad alert.That new kerrygold ad with a load of bints shreiking along to Kim Wilde's kid's in America.

the pantene ad with cat deeley ... swiiishh ... with her annoying fake laugh at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

el diablo wrote: »
    The Kerrygold ad where the family emigrating to Germany bring a box of Irish muck with them so their unborn child's feet "will touch Irish soil first". :D

Not a good ad.
    That ad always gives me this image of that guy in the delivery room waving soil all over the place... so weird.

The Garmin ad on the radio is irritating....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

those two women with the badly mimed bongo playing singing "up your bingo"... what the hell??!

"are you saying i'm fat?"

yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement