Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You notice i never post about adverts?...why?...'cause i never see any!...god bless add free tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Skinback

The Tena ladies crap ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

There is one ad that I can honestly say makes me want to kick my TV in more than any other. :mad:

I'm talking about that An Post ad that goes....

"Joe is writing a novel and is wearing a shirt he got from a guy in new york who who buys sausages from his aunt in china, who wears cotton slippers she got in the post from Joe...........*half an hour later*...........and is about to be blown away by a best seller...." :mad:

That ad, along with that horrible song just makes me puke! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mikosyko wrote: »
    There is one ad that I can honestly say makes me want to kick my TV in more than any other. :mad:

I'm talking about that An Post ad that goes....

"Joe is writing a novel and is wearing a shirt he got from a guy in new york who who buys sausages from his aunt in china, who wears cotton slippers she got in the post from Joe...........*half an hour later*...........and is about to be blown away by a best seller...." :mad:

That ad, along with that horrible song just makes me puke! :mad:

What song? I think that would be one of the better ads currently running on the TV, not that that is saying much.

Elmo wrote: »
    What song? I think that would be one of the better ads currently running on the TV, not that that is saying much.

The Specials - Message to You Rudy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Speaking of An Post ads, theres one with some clown in a suit bigging up An Post. He comes off as a really smug Steve Coogan lookalike. The smugness in the voice too :mad::mad::mad:

Hello mister robber, I'm ali baba! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New fig rolls ad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

11850 ad with those two tossers pulling the cart and comedy walking by the speed camera.

Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

That ad for Colgate sensitive pro-relief (had to Google the exact product name...) with the fools sitting in the shopping centre, rubbing toothpaste on their teeth then being forced to drink ice-cold water.

Wowwww, how does it work?!!!

"It's the... Pro...ARGIN formula..." When he says that, it sounds like he's just made it up on the damn spot. Drives me insane

Theres another one for sensodyne featuring Irish people.

The girl takes one spoonfull of a massive icecream and says can I have some more? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Volvic: The Volvic Challange.

"I have just got 5mins away from work, time for a cheeky volvic"

I want to smash that guys face in everytime I see that ad.

And in the end he's talking to the camera and has a baseball glove on. WTF! when did we become American????? I have never seen anyone play baseball in Ireland.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    I want to smash that guys face in everytime I see that ad.

And in the end he's talking to the camera and has a baseball glove on. WTF! when did we become American????? I have never seen anyone play baseball in Ireland.

I would have thought it was a British ad. Maybe it trying to reflect the multiculturism of Ireland by showing a White English Guy playing an American Game drinking French water. :rolleyes:

You can really tell he doesn't play Baseball. He just doesn't get his character. Worst Acting ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jezzington

Cut Ed some slack guys, Sunday morning 5-a-side football nearly lost its ultimate talisman only for private health care...

I can just picture Ed guffawing out loud to the Strawberry Alarm Clock, putting tomato sauce on his fry-up, telling all his mates how cool Razorlight's new album is, being a proud Godfather to his nephew Josh/Zach/Ben/Adam, or if it's a girl, then Abby/Molly/Chloe, using the word "begrudger" to describe anyone who criticises Bertie, refering to some 4-4-2 Premiership team as "us" in social conversation, and refering to La Liga/Serie A as "Two horse races" while never actually bothering to look at it when he can be looking at Stoke vs. Wolves instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    I haven't seen Barry Scott on an ad for nearly 2 years I'd say, so why do people keep bringing him up? :)
    He's on in the US now with a big ghost head of Billy Mays in the background. Creepy. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

Theres another one for sensodyne featuring Irish people.

The girl takes one spoonfull of a massive icecream and says can I have some more? :confused:

i don't know why really but i haaate this ad, especially that girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The one for rice krispies with the yank mother and daughter.
    Every time the little girl says "they're PAH-ping" I get :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

The one for rice krispies with the yank mother and daughter.
    Every time the little girl says "they're PAH-ping" I get :mad:.

i think that's cute :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Anyone seen the new Mario ads with Jonathan Ross and co? Absolute ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Really don't like that new Ikea ad with all the cats......The thought of cats peeing all over the new furniture.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

onway wrote: »
    Really don't like that new Ikea ad with all the cats......The thought of cats peeing all over the new furniture.....
    I love that ad. I've never heard of a cat peeing on furniture... dogs on the other hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

"Cancel the gym membership girls"

Posh tarts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The ad itself and the commentry are annoying i warrent ye,bu the song is by the masterfull The Specials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

that fúcking fig rolls ad :mad:

looks like they've all got a bunch of dicks on their heads :mad:

wimax next generation ... a comin' across the nation....

Are they getting any customers?

Ah! The song is very prevalent alright. I think it is a well put together ad.

Theres an ad on the radio at the moment that's just so so annoying....

I think its an ad for Irish Life. Basically it involves this guy snoring loudly in the background and to make it worse they have this guy with an awful voiceover with a horrible whispery gravely voice!

Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

The Apprentice on TV3, 2 hours of an ad getting very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Theres an ad on the radio at the moment that's just so so annoying.... I think its an ad for Irish Life. Basically it involves this guy snoring loudly in the background and to make it worse they have this guy with an awful voiceover with a horrible whispery gravely voice!

I absolutlely find that ad disgusting.. it's as if you can feel the guy is spitting in your ear..

• Advertisement

I absolutlely find that ad disgusting.. it's as if you can feel the guy is spitting in your ear..

It makes me sick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement