Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Two words: "Go Compaaare!"

[Just skimmed the last few pages so apologies if it has been mentioned already]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Two words: "Go Compaaare!"

[Just skimmed the last few pages so apologies if it has been mentioned already]
    I'd imagine it's one of the most hated tbh :D Seen it on here a few times. But that's ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Theres an ad on the radio at the moment that's just so so annoying....

I think its an ad for Irish Life. Basically it involves this guy snoring loudly in the background and to make it worse they have this guy with an awful voiceover with a horrible whispery gravely voice!

Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah heard it before, creepy as ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What in the name of God is the deal with these Sky ads with giant blue American monsters?
    Soooo annoying. "I wanna go eat a big weiner!"

It makes no sense whatsoever, I don't even think they mention the TV at all in it.
    (I think the Dad is John Goodman, seriously wtf)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

phasers wrote: »
    What in the name of God is the deal with these Sky ads with giant blue American monsters?

It makes no sense whatsoever, I don't even think they mention the TV at all in it.
    I'm pretty sure it is John Goodman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

OisinT wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it is John Goodman
    The mother monster sounds like Holly Hunter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Low Low ad

"Cancel the JIMMMMM Membership Gerrrrrls"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

amdublin wrote: »
    The Low Low ad

"Cancel the JIMMMMM Membership Gerrrrrls"

Yiz are all jus' jealous.

I'm jealous the only time she has to see her stupid face is in a mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »

There's even a slightly edited version where the "father" says "Your mother wants to be 'British'" instead of "Fitting in" and at the end the voiceover says they got to go swimming even though they agreed to go eat a wiener instead.
    Although even without that it makes no sense. :pac: It doesn't fit with Sky's general advertising at all. Meh, **** em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

skregs wrote: »
    I'm jealous the only time she has to see her stupid face is in a mirror

LMAO brilliant ! i'm gonna remember that one !:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

There is one ad that I can honestly say makes me want to kick my TV in more than any other. :mad:

I'm talking about that An Post ad that goes....

"Joe is writing a novel and is wearing a shirt he got from a guy in new york who who buys sausages from his aunt in china, who wears cotton slippers she got in the post from Joe...........*half an hour later*...........and is about to be blown away by a best seller...." :mad:

That ad, along with that horrible song just makes me puke! :mad:
    Black guy in a Dublin jersey... inclusiveness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Every mobile phone ad with the terrible "hip" music. "you've made more friends this summer" this isn't American pie. Fcuk off with your americanised crap.

(vodafone biggest culprits)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

i presume this has been on before and sorry if it has but did anyone see the ad about the guy and woman sitting on the couch watching tv with a big window behind them, and the guy is laughing away and scratching himself etc, and this is irritating the woman, so she pulls a lever and a spring comes up from underneath the guy and fires him out the window?
    and then the voice over says something about being in control like, at least there is some things you can control in life!

its a **** ad but what bugs me is the blatant sexism of it all.

if there was an ad where it showed a guy being irritated by his wife who was on her period and it showed him putting her inside a glass box so he could get some peace and quiet there would be outright war.
    we wouldnt hear the end of it for six months!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Meteor ad where the agricultural chap says "I'll probably stay for one more". That's crap. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

that ad for laser eye surgery with the girl who "neednt have been so worried". And the one with padraig harrington, "focused" hate those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

that ad for laser eye surgery with the girl who "neednt have been so worried".

She's been saying "It's been a week since the surgery" for the last two years :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This is the worst ad on TV at the moment IMO. It's totally cringe worthy and makes me never want to go to a nightclub in Ireland ever again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Raekwon wrote: »
    This is the worst ad on TV at the moment IMO. It's totally cringe worthy and makes me never want to go to a nightclub in Ireland ever again :p

I hear ya...! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I wonder how much longer SatC will be such a major influence on ads targetted at 30-something women.
    Who the hell eats bread and spread after a night on the tiles? Oh yeah the type that dance to Kim Wilde...pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Wertz wrote: »
    I wonder how much longer SatC will be such a major influence on ads targetted at 30-something women.
    Who the hell eats bread and spread after a night on the tiles? Oh yeah the type that dance to Kim Wilde...pathetic.

lol yeah i never thought of that ! I would defrost the unidentifiable object in freezer bag thats been in the bottom of my freezer for 4 years before i would eat toast and butter after a feed of drink !

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

She's been saying "It's been a week since the surgery" for the last two years :p

"The doctors said the operation gave me brain damage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cianorla

I cant find the place wher you discuss your favourite adds but I have to comment on the new Jacobs Fig Roll adds,

there HILARIOUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

cianorla wrote: »
    I cant find the place wher you discuss your favourite adds but I have to comment on the new Jacobs Fig Roll adds,

there HILARIOUS!!

I can only hope this is riddled with sarcasm. That ad makes me want to smash my tv in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That ad for water with the children acting like grown ups, talking about eating less sweets and leaving the car at home and walking to the shops.
    The little boy at the end who slaps the shoes down and says "you know what my body is a temple too" is a terrible actor, even for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The ad for the news of the world which i assume is supposed to be a piss-take of the bear in the freezer ads for birds eye. It features yer man,the crime writer in the freezer and bertie in a press!

What i wouldn't give to find bertie in my press and the pain i could inflict!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

All activia ads. Martine mc Cutcheon acting like a total idiot throughout them. Also, the new one with yer wan in the office who keeps leaving words out of her sentences on purpose in some shoddy attempt to rip off Bridget Jones or whoever.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The fig roll ad featuring that painfully unfunny guy from the panel dressed up like a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RVD420 wrote: »
    All activia ads. Martine mc Cutcheon acting like a total idiot throughout them. Also, the new one with yer wan in the office who keeps leaving words out of her sentences on purpose in some shoddy attempt to rip off Bridget Jones or whoever.....

must hate Bridget Jones wanna be ads

feeling peckish but am whale, dilema

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That ad about Little Steps, where the kids are talking like old people... "My body's a temple too" :(

I'd love to spray that kitchen with an AK47

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement