Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Brendan O'Connor mace = the worst advert ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The one where he smiles at the child and makes it cry? I thought that was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

I despise ads so much that I record everything I want to watch these days and fast forward it on Sky + lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Those ads are fukking tragic.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Bloody Wimax... :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Kinder Pingui. Makes my ears bleed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why did they replace the bully polar bear with Bertie and Paul Williams? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    Why did they replace the bully polar bear with Bertie and Paul Williams? :D

That's what I thought as well.. It's a ripoff of the other ad with the polar bear... It's a pity Bertie wasnt working for Bird's Eye, and the polar bear in charge of the economy.. he couldnt have done a worse job.

Also, I dont why having Claudine Keane is supposed to attract readers, does she have any qualifications or knowledge of fashion, or is she just there cos she is Robbie's missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Also, I dont why having Claudine Keane is supposed to attract readers, does she have any qualifications or knowledge of fashion, or is she just there cos she is Robbie's missus.

She has a degree in economics or something from UCD o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That Airtricity ad with Jack Charlton.....

Is he struggling for money or something? I can't see any other reason why he would lower himself to advertise in such a ****ty way.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTlep4h3Z_k&feature=channel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 soul.less wonder

RVD420 wrote: »
    All activia ads. Martine mc Cutcheon acting like a total idiot throughout them. Also, the new one with yer wan in the office who keeps leaving words out of her sentences on purpose in some shoddy attempt to rip off Bridget Jones or whoever.....

hate this one too. really shows a complete lack of imagination on behalf of the advertising agency. Bridget Jones 'diary style' rip offs got old 10 years ago. same deal for trainspotting 'chose life' type ads...come up with something new ffs! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Mikosyko wrote: »
    That Airtricity ad with Jack Charlton.....

Is he struggling for money or something? I can't see any other reason why he would lower himself to advertise in such a ****ty way.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTlep4h3Z_k&feature=channel

Was gonna mention this one also. What's more alarming is the fact I don't think that's actually Jack Charlton doing the ad. The voice is suspicious imo, like someone doing a Jack impression.
    There's no mention of "Jack", "Big Jack says so...." anywhere in the ad - I would've thought they'd stick his name in there somewhere to get maximum bang for their buck from his "endorsement".

The ad is a stinker either way, but if my suspicions are true.....

Edit: Did some research, and it seems it is actually Jack. Ad still blows tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM59qW8kiL4&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

What did they call the old days in the old days Dessie ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

What did they call the old days in the old days Dessie ?

yeah, those ****ing Bulmers ads are head wreaking. Wish that gay guy would piss off:pac:

Predator_ wrote: »
    yeah, those ****ing Bulmers ads are head wreaking. Wish that gay guy would piss off:pac:

Yeah, he reminds me of a village idiot version of Darron Gibson. Also hate the faux-Lord of The Rings music playing throughout all of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

''Coffee please''. **** off! What the hell is he smirking about?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I feel the urge to punch him in the face everytime I see the ad
    Mikosyko wrote: »
    Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

"Aaahhhh Sandwiches"

That ad does my head in " Why don't you make the big switch", Lucy why don't you go F*ck yourself!!

Another ad that makes me want to pull my own ears off and claw my own face are those motherf**king Brennans bread ads on the radio with the auld lad "says I, says he, says you, says he, says I, says you":mad::mad: AGGGHHHHH!!!

Why don't you go and shove that bread up your hole says I ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

He is smirking because he is a highly paid Eircom executive????

Anyway nice to see Eircell returning. Here are some ads from them can't find any on YouTube. http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1SVEA_enIE377IE378&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Eircell#q=Eircell&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1SVEA_enIE377IE378&prmd=iv&source=lnms&tbs=vid:1&ei=B5OsTKujOJCRjAf9yJXCBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&ved=0CAsQ_AU&fp=82a65609f30db79

• Advertisement

Mcdonald's: "End of year tax return.....Scoooooore!" :rolleyes:

Are ya badly boorned bud? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

This stupid stupid Coco-Pops ad wreaks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I mentioned it in the other thread, but that new Ulster Bank ad with the guy and his dim girlfriend who turns off the shower, takes away his breakfast and drags him away from the shop window, so they can get to the bank on time.

It doesn't open till 10am, so I don't see why she's rushing :mad:

But my gawd I wanted to punch her in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Halifax's current attempt to be edgy or ironic or someother buzzword clap-trap... "Ice, Ice baby!"

It's already been mentioned but that Emobile one ... "Meet John: Head of Non-Complication..." Oh fcuk off, you patronising goons...

The Vodafone/Meteor/O2 ads with the trendies and their mates partying and having a "loike, amazing" summer... when realistically most of that age group is struggling to get through college or wasting away on the dole... It's not 2003 anymore!

"We are paying way beyond our means for directory inquiries....so use 11890" :mad:

Or those stupid lyons ads: "It's not my cup of tea....I just gave it to you..." :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The Vampires Suck ads. My god, will Seltzerburg ever stop trying? They're either really stupid or really smart. The stupid being that they can't write good comedy. The smart being that they were able to target a specific group in the market, while making their movies at a low budget (seriously, half of their budget must be made up with product placement alone).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I just really am sick of seeing that Desperate Housewives promo on every single ad break on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Arghhhhhhh!

'Go Compare' !!! Ok, it's effective in getting the blummin name across, but I will never look at their website on principal for the annoyance they cause me!!!!!

Love the Meerkat ones though, very memorable for the product, and entertaining too. Job well done! (would they be the competitors for the above by any chance? I know who I'd go to!)

That radio mabiboom-boom ad gets on my nerves :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

New Activia ad with Jamie Theakston sucks. That ad about tea with yer wan goin on about "is this a date....I dunno, is it?". Very annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement