Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

e-mobile!!!!

Head of Ripping off fools!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

"I'd score the winning goal for France...."

Go fúck yourself :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Mikosyko wrote: »
    "I'd score the winning goal for France...."

Go fúck yourself :mad:
    So many wrong things in that ad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Those Tetley ads kind of freak me out.

Why were the cartoons locked in the cupboard? :confused:

The shot of them cowering in fear at the thought of being put back in just creeped me out a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Those Tetley ads kind of freak me out.

Why were the cartoons locked in the cupboard? :confused:

The shot of them cowering in fear at the thought of being put back in just creeped me out a little bit.

The tetley lads were a late 70's early 80's thing that have been revived (using the originalk shaded cells from the looks of thing)...the jist of the ad is that they've been locked in a cupboard all this time and are now back to help the young rascals of today to make proper tea (lad!).
    Prefer the PG Tips chimps myself...

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    The tetley lads were a late 70's early 80's thing that have been revived (using the originalk shaded cells from the looks of thing)...the jist of the ad is that they've been locked in a cupboard all this time and are now back to help the young rascals of today to make proper tea (lad!).
    Prefer the PG Tips chimps myself...

My parents have some spoons that had the characters on them but they've long been washed off. Each spoon had a different one. There's a Tetley copyright date moulded into the bottom of the handle, can't remember what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Karsini wrote: »
    My parents have some spoons that had the characters on them but they've long been washed off. Each spoon had a different one. There's a Tetley copyright date moulded into the bottom of the handle, can't remember what it is.

My ma' has little Tetley figurines from years ago,the Tetley folk. Must be mid-80's at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That ad for some Italian. pasta...

Lad arrives at hot latino "friend" 's door saying "lord jaysus, I was cooking for a date and I'm after making a rollocks of it, can you help me?".... So as the ad proceeds, SHE cooks a meal, using her OWN electricity / gas, and HER OWN food .... then our genius hero says "aha, you're me date.. It was all a clever ruse concocted in my massive brain".... And what does she do?? She sits down bashfully with a big smile on her face..... bless her...

If I ever tried that, I would get bet out the door with her biggest saucepan..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That ad for some Italian. pasta...

Lad arrives at hot latino "friend" 's door saying "lord jaysus, I was cooking for a date and I'm after making a rollocks of it, can you help me?".... So as the ad proceeds, SHE cooks a meal, using her OWN electricity / gas, and HER OWN food .... then our genius hero says "aha, you're me date.. It was all a clever ruse concocted in my massive brain".... And what does she do?? She sits down bashfully with a big smile on her face..... bless her...

If I ever tried that, I would get bet out the door with her biggest saucepan..

I don't think he says Lord Jaysus. That is Tim Lovejoy from Sky Sports and BBC's Something for the Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is an ad for wine with this big headed australian git talking himself up at a dinner party trying to impress girls.
    "this wine is approved by the worlds most important wine critic...me".:mad:
    that party looks like a real barrell of laughs:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Would I like to drive a JCB over that irritating Churchill dog? "Ohh yes."

That Airtricity ad with Jack Charlton.....

Is he struggling for money or something? I can't see any other reason why he would lower himself to advertise in such a ****ty way.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTlep4h3Z_k&feature=channel

Let's face it he is no stranger to it. Wasn't it a used car/finance ad he used to do? That bleedin' line about give 'em a ring and you can even "Use your mooobile" really got on my tits.

that ad for laser eye surgery with the girl who "neednt have been so worried". And the one with padraig harrington, "focused" hate those two.

And will someone please tell him the word is surgery with a "U" not SERGERY! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

"We are paying way beyond our means for directory inquiries....so use 11890" :mad:

Or those stupid lyons ads: "It's not my cup of tea....I just gave it to you..." :mad:

Yeah, what's that about ? Some kind of nod to the most corrupt, low-life ever in Irish politics ?

That ad for Colgate sensitive pro-relief (had to Google the exact product name...) with the fools sitting in the shopping centre, rubbing toothpaste on their teeth then being forced to drink ice-cold water.

Wowwww, how does it work?!!!

"It's the... Pro...ARGIN formula..." When he says that, it sounds like he's just made it up on the damn spot. Drives me insane

I love how they come up with those names to blind us with science. "That'll be the biffidus e-sensus." "That'll be the L-Casei immunitas." Note the Latin sound to it. Let's have a competition to see who can make up the most convincing name. "This yoghurt can make you lose 1KG in a week it's full of E Pluribus Unumitas."

efb wrote: »
    Sure deodorant- scarleh for her Ma!

Bleedin' ad does my head in. Scarleh for her granny for having her ma for having her.

Don't know if it just me but remember when this guy fathered the child?

scarey1.jpg

Did it grow up to be?

martineg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jezzington

I love how they come up with those names to blind us with science. "That'll be the biffidus e-sensus." "That'll be the L-Casei immunitas." Note the Latin sound to it. Let's have a competition to see who can make up the most convincing name. "This yoghurt can make you lose 1KG in a week it's full of E Pluribus Unumitas."

"This revolutionary brand of battery acid contains extracts of Vidium Occoculus Umplusurus Rex."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Those Quinn insurance ad's that come on between the ad break's during the Late Late bug me no end because of that woman with the squeaky,high pitched voice who features in most of them.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Those Quinn insurance ad's

Dawn Bradfield voices those as well I think.. She's a serial offender..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The Go Compare ads and the add where the chap and his bird trade in their phones for cash and magically get a car. I hate that guy's face

Dawn Bradfield voices those as well I think.. She's a serial offender..

I think your just blaming Dawn Bradfield and some day you will realise you either have the name wrong or you are getting her mixed up with someone else. :D of course you might be right!

That is why you will always find him in the kitchen at Parties.

Retro 80's **** from IKEA.

Elmo wrote: »
    I think your just blaming Dawn Bradfield and some day you will realise you either have the name wrong.

That radio ad she voices "If only everything moved so well" in a smug tone gets to me as well... like I said, a serial offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I hate that ad where the woman says "My dear old mum" (think it's for a foot massager)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The neurofen ad, mainly because of the music. Its obvious that the clowns who produced it didnt bother trying to get the rights to use "Little Green Bag", so opted for a knock-off "version" of the song. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"Pot Noodle GTI" The ad rips off Transformers, while a clown trying to be Vic Reeves rips off Flight of the Conchords.

20 seconds of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭sonic85

cant remember what its for - that stupid stupid ad where yer man fergal goes "our prices are so low......theyve hit the floor?" what a dumbass. the first couple of times was mildly amusing but now it makes me grind my teeth in anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The stupid ad For eircom phonewatch? alarms.
    Two robbers who are breaking into a house are met by a smug eircom woman and she introduces them to all the people she has phoned since they set off the alarm-neighbours, gardai etc.
    But why on earth do the burglars come in to the house and stand there listening to her:confused:
    They would run like f*ck as soon as she opened the door!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cod Liver Oil capsules

Temple of Steve or some sh1t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement