Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The stupid ad For eircom phonewatch? alarms.
    Two robbers who are breaking into a house are met by a smug eircom woman and she introduces them to all the people she has phoned since they set off the alarm-neighbours, gardai etc.
    But why on earth do the burglars come in to the house and stand there listening to her:confused:
    They would run like f*ck as soon as she opened the door!

like the coco pops ad with a talking monkey, like monkey's can talk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hate the Spengler's ad. :mad:

Couldn't tell you what it's for as the American smaltzy crap makes me turn over every time. :mad:

Spengler's :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dyflin wrote: »
    I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hate the Spengler's ad. :mad:

Couldn't tell you what it's for as the American smaltzy crap makes me turn over every time. :mad:

Spengler's :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

John Goodman and Holly Hunter better than their Irish Uncle George MONEY Hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Postal Gold.co.uk.ie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The new radox ad is very disturbing where the asian people start dancing.:eek:

• Advertisement

"I'll never have to shave again!" :rolleyes:

Plus all those insurance ads that have either annoying, patronising whistling music or the animated fúckers with the giant heads. :mad:

This was a song in the 80s :(

He also is responsible for this at Xmas Time :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The deluge of Xmass ads's has started already,first off is Sky with those "spengler" yoke's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I wait with baited breath for Meteor and Vodafone's Christmas ads.
    How will they top smugbeard and 'Chrimbo babe' goy from last year!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That ad for some Italian. pasta...

Lad arrives at hot latino "friend" 's door saying "lord jaysus, I was cooking for a date and I'm after making a rollocks of it, can you help me?".... So as the ad proceeds, SHE cooks a meal, using her OWN electricity / gas, and HER OWN food .... then our genius hero says "aha, you're me date.. It was all a clever ruse concocted in my massive brain".... And what does she do?? She sits down bashfully with a big smile on her face..... bless her...

If I ever tried that, I would get bet out the door with her biggest saucepan..

You're right of course, but I don't even see yer man in that ad, or the food, or which kitchen they're in, etc. When that ad comes on and I see that Italian bird, I have to hide my arousal from my wife. Even thinking of Brian Cowen doesn't bring the swelling down! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Yeah, Meteor have been on fire with their annoying ad campaigns this year, who can forget "Douche-Party", or "Drinks of Annoyance after work". Surely they're holding "the best" for their Christmas campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There's an ad for a new yohgurt called Nom:mad:.
    Everybody who acted in that ad plus the people who wrote it and whoever came up with the product name should be loaded onto a rocket
    and blasted into the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

fricatus wrote: »
    yer man in that ad
    Tim Lovejoy!! Soccer AM hasn't been the same since he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A quick trip back through last years thread(still had me in tears laughing) reveals Meteor unveiled their xmas campaign on November 13th,so shouldn't be too long before we find out what drivel they serve up this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Two months scared of every ad break on Irish TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I've had a bad year. Beardy McSmug back on tv would finish me off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

smugbeardy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

smugbeardy.jpg

Oh Fu*k - is this back??

optogirl wrote: »
    Oh Fu*k - is this back??

No.

Guessing its going to be a Family having the craic with their new Smart Phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Craig Doyle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Tim Lovejoy!! Soccer AM hasn't been the same since he left.

The look in his eyes as she explains the nonsense cooking. Oh I'm falling in love, ohhhhh

Craig Doyle.

+1

I hate his whole pathetic smugness...:mad:

I also want to get that fúcker who sings the WiMax song and smash that guitar over his bald head! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Id just like to gather all the ad making marketing people together in a field and wipe em out - Nazi style:cool:

Craig Doyle.

Craig Doyle becomes Advert.

What happens when some offers you a new personality but you think they don't have what it takes?

they don't

You think their smugness is just as good?

Beardy McSmug doesn't know smug, and the rest of them Don't.

You think they have the creditably like a Holiday show on the BBC or Sports on ITV 4?

they don't

Imagine an add with the Imagine guy, Beardy McSmug and Craig Doyle perhaps an Irish Marks and Spensers Christmas advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Elmo wrote: »
    Imagine an add with the Imagine guy, Beardy McSmug and Craig Doyle perhaps an Irish Marks and Spensers Christmas advert.
    That's it... I'm not watching telly until January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Craig Doyle ad is terrible, the way he pronounces some words on it, just do my head in!! The husky one who was on Podge and Rodge. Can't stand her. Is it the ESB ad?
    That ad with the guy with the shaved head singing with the guitar. I HATE it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

The winner this year is the very annoying "bulmers add"

The winner this year is the very annoying "bulmers add"

Which one? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

any of them dishwasher tablet adds, do they think people are that stupid as to think,'there new improved tablet will dry tuberware aswel'. it really gets on my tits. ****ing eejits!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement