Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

That Radox ad with the 2 Asians dancing around freaks me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The van ad that effectively tries to promote van driving as the nobleist of professions...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

seachto7 wrote: »
    Craig Doyle ad is terrible, the way he pronounces some words on it, just do my head in!! The husky one who was on Podge and Rodge. Can't stand her. Is it the ESB ad?
    That ad with the guy with the shaved head singing with the guitar. I HATE it.

You won't be making the switch?

(husky laugh) .... Yeah, nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    You won't be making the switch?
    (husky laugh) .... Yeah, nice one!

ahhhh Elmo, did you not realise Lucy made the "big switch" herself a few years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Fig Rolls taste buds. So corny and cheap, but annoying on a level even deeper than that, because I know there are people out there who will actually like that ad...

In short, the Fig Rolls "Taste Buds" ad sums up pretty much everything thats wrong with this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

There's an add here (oz), for nappies, or pull up pants or something. Anyway the add is a kid, about 6, rapping Mc Hammer,

"Stop! Potty-time!"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,176 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The new Chrismas M&S ad and now Peter Kay has joined them

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

efb wrote: »
    The van ad that effectively tries to promote van driving as the nobleist of professions...

Yep, I find this one extremely irritating. More McCoy's "MAN CRISPS"-esque garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That eejit in the Wimax ad kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That new Smiths ad where the kids break their toys or something, and their mum relents and takes them to get new ones.

Then the kids' excited faces turn to almost suicidal disappointment when the mum pulls up in not super duper Smiths store, but a small, dinky, dull shop.

The mum then, right in front of the owner of said dinky shop says "Heh, just kidding", then they all frolic merrily to the super duper Smiths store.

If I were the lady in the small shop I would have locked all 3 of them in the basement, along with the other people who walked into my store just to make fun of it :mad:

• Advertisement

condra wrote: »
    In short, the Fig Rolls "Taste Buds" ad sums up pretty much everything thats wrong with this country.

Harvey Norman might sum up whats wrong with this country. (Bloody Australians with their vast array of minerals, selling over priced junk to the famine ridden Irish).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

All Harvey Norman ads are an absolute misery to watch on TV or listen to on the radio, however the latest "Hardly Normal" ad really takes the biscuit. Absolutely obnoxious.
    One fake sale after another and then you have that grumpy bollocks Gerry Harvey getting annoyed because the Irish stores are making a loss. Maybe if they didn't waste so much money on terrible ads every day they might be able to turn a profit? Who knows, but as soon as this recession is over there's absolutely no way those ads can last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

ahhhh Elmo, did you not realise Lucy made the "big switch" herself a few years ago..
    I'm wondering, would those "big switches" on the side of houses not reduce their market value? ugly looking things to be having on houses

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

BillShorey wrote: »
    All Harvey Norman ads are an absolute misery to watch on TV or listen to on the radio, however the latest "Hardly Normal" ad really takes the biscuit. Absolutely obnoxious.
    Well I've just seen the ad...and my god, the only thing that would make it more obnoxous is if Gilbert Goddfried was in the ad.

Also, you know The Middle promos that have Sue Heck in them? I do not want to see her with the glasses again! Creepy as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Has anyone mentioned this crap yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I think it's funny :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cedissapointed

One of the AD's on television i hate is the JOBFIT advert claiming to get people prepared for job readiness..LMAO

Last i heard they spent a couple of million euro on this!:eek:

All about employment in the community when it is clear this is an employment scam.

Why does angela kerins have 3 jobs one in rehab care,jobfit and a fully (shh shh) paid up member of a political party..

FAS have been consigning the working class or what should be the working class to a lifetime of poverty.

Why have jobs for free subsising businesses,they are sucking up what could be full time tax returnable jobs for the public population of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Bigal87 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned this crap yet?

I literally saw it 5 minutes before I came on this thread and Dear God it is shocking! Bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yeah 2 for you, one that bloody eircom ad with that show off and think hes cool guy, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mye-MGpOgwQ

And two that no nonsense.ie ad, give me strength, both radio and tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poAQi1COI50

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I see Marks and Spencer have outdone themselves with this years Xmas atrocity, not even any decent women in it just Peter Kay, some old hag that I assume we're supposed to recognise set to irritating music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Meteor radio ad...

"It's nice.....like a French biscuit...or that 80's TV show....Miami Nice..."

WTF? icon_confused.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

That radio ad with a girl singing how much she loves shopping....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The RSA are at it again I see. Latest ad is a car shaking, with 2 people obviously riding in it only for it to stop and a female say "Is that it?". The tagline is Slow Down Boys which then droops towards the end, implying some sort of impotence on the part of the driver (who just happens to be a male). I could not see any sort of message or point to it apart from being another patethic jab at male drivers...again. I really really ****ing despise this shower of tax payer funded sexist muppets. Above the laws of advertising and above any sort of sense, decency or taste. **** off RSA.

DarkJager wrote: »
    The RSA are at it again I see. Latest ad is a car shaking, with 2 people obviously riding in it only for it to stop and a female say "Is that it?". The tagline is Slow Down Boys which then droops towards the end, implying some sort of impotence on the part of the driver (who just happens to be a male). I could not see any sort of message or point to it apart from being another patethic jab at male drivers...again. I really really ****ing despise this shower of tax payer funded sexist muppets. Above the laws of advertising and above any sort of sense, decency or taste. **** off RSA.

Hmm, I actually saw this in a cinema about 3 years ago.

Karsini wrote: »
    Hmm, I actually saw this in a cinema about 3 years ago.

Wouldn't surprise me. They've been using "he drives, she dies" for about 3 years now as well.

DarkJager wrote: »

You can make a complaint to the BAI

They'd probably take the same stance as with "he drives she dies" and let them off the hook. :rolleyes:

I can't be arsed complaining to them, its an absolute waste of time to even bother because they just don't care about the offence the "Road Safety Authority" manages to cause with every single advert they put out. The RSA adverts are considered to be "public safety messages" cleverly disguised with lashings of sexism for which any other company would be fined into oblivion. Hunky Dorys had to take an ad down because some women got in a twist over it. The RSA continually slanders an entire gender and gets away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Meteor radio ad...

"It's nice.....like a French biscuit...or that 80's TV show....Miami Nice..."

WTF? icon_confused.gif

Aaaarrrrrghgghghh that ad fcukin kills me!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The VHI ad - your man who hurts his leg playing football.

What a whinger. Going on like he's a professional athlete or something.

Imagine him as your boyfriend moaning all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement