Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ESB's Online energy wizard

How unenthusiastic are they all about saving energy:confused: Not exactly motivating you to go look at the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

amdublin wrote: »
    ESB's Online energy wizard

How unenthusiastic are they all about saving energy:confused: Not exactly motivating you to go look at the site.

"So we ran the electricity off the gas and the gas..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

new fig rolls ad...it is the most irritating ad I've seen in years:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah the new M&S Christmas one is fairly annoying all ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Imagine him as your boyfriend moaning all the time.

lol. Well at least you would get your turn on a Friday night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Has anyone seen an ad for some packet of seasoning that you put in a bag and shake chicken or whatever around in it? Some woman dancing around the kitchen shaking the bag with her sons watching her. Truly awful! Who makes this crap?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but that Woolite ad where everyone is in the nip is just WEIRD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Injury lawyers 4 U, especially the one with the stop motion dog, very creepy in the respect that this character is a greedy self interested creature that enjoys leaving other in penury. I just hate those ads in particular as its little to do with valid claims and more to do with getting money, it appeals to the worst in humanity.

Has anyone seen an ad for some packet of seasoning that you put in a bag and shake chicken or whatever around in it?

Isnt that Fidelma from Glenroe??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Dont now if its been mentioned but that Smyths ad where the childs toys get stolen by a crane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Eircom phone watch ad, with yer wan and her fake delight that the 2 goons tried to break into the gaff, so she rings everyone....annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I wait with baited breath for Meteor and Vodafone's Christmas ads.
    How will they top smugbeard and 'Chrimbo babe' goy from last year!?

Here's Meteors offering for xmas 2010!

No sign of Captain smug but they're ****e ads imo.

Fecking Iceland. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I agree with everyone on the Harvey Norman ads.
    "Go Harvey Go" F**k off:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Two very smackable heads on those lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Orish Apprentice- one big long annoying ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

cat deeley and her swish hair, she can swish the feck off!

Dunno whats worse though, the ad, or the fact there are women out there who are flicking their heads around in front of webcams and uploading it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

No sign of Captain smug but they're ****e ads imo.

Agreed. However its good to see him out and about after the death of his son.

Agreed. However its good to see him out and about after the death of his son.

lol.. good one tommy..
    He's also the guard in Killinaskully... the ads are a bit unclear, (i.e. what exactly de-scrooged him)... not annoying, but not particularly good..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Any aftershave or "fragrance for men:mad:" ad for the last ten years has been utter tripe. They usually feature some super stylish little ponce running and jumping around the place for some reason:confused:.

• Advertisement

I really dislike this ad. Sorry, I understand that it is a safety awareness campaign but I just think its a horror movie. The guy and the girl having a car crash into them on the road is absolutely horrible and while I say this I wonder did it ever happen, it possible has. I remember the other ad with a little boy playing in his back garden and saying how many times has a motor car crashed into the back garden, unfortunately a few weeks after saying that it did happen somewhere. But I think this ad is far more OTT than that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

the ads are a bit unclear, (i.e. what exactly de-scrooged him)..[/QUOTE

They've got an extended one now showing what descrooged him. It's quite horrendous as you would expect from meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Prob answered a while back, but the butter ad with all the D4 heads

Muppet in socks: "Yer all just jealous"
    Asbolute geebag: "WUR REEEELY NOSH!!"

cringe

They've got an extended one now showing what descrooged him. It's quite horrendous as you would expect from meteor

Yeah I saw that subsequently... but I thought it was a bit confusing that there was no allusion to what exactly made him have a change of heart in the first ad.... It's a poorly scripted ad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

That shaking/dancing woman in the Knorr shake and bake or whatever ad is very familiar.

Where have I seen her before?

Sorry I looked back and saw Fidelma from Glenroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

cml387 wrote: »
    That shaking/dancing woman in the Knorr shake and bake or whatever ad is very familiar.

Where have I seen her before?
    Well Holy God!

I came on to this forum to moan about that ad.

She's Fidelma from Glenroe, the strumpet who rolled in the hay with Miley.

I think that ad must have been story-boarded in the 80's. It's woeful. Unless they are deliberatley trying to evoke a nostalgic mood with the 80's vibe and Fidelma the Hussey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

must agree with others re; the harvey norman ads. dunno if ive ever been in one of this annoying cnts shops, but they are boycotted FOREVER. wont go there no matter the price difference. first class repetitive annoying loudmouth bellend.

(said the same about the 123 insurance ad with the annoying little gameshow fker..jesus that ad was cheezier than the 80s..still with them)

just thought of another one. the one where the creepy pedo in the shopping centre whispers to the camera 'we're here to see how people react to.... new ultrafresh colgate or whatever it is.
    oooh its so fresh, oh wonderful its solved all my problems, oh it cured my cancer and paid my mortgage etc etc.
    well if a random pedo in a shopping centre tells you put something in your mouth... you do it.

"we're not going to let a bit of weather get in our way"

Danone. Going on about Irish weather and our defences.

The dad at the end is incredibly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

unreggd wrote: »
    Prob answered a while back, but the butter ad with all the D4 heads

Muppet in socks: "Yer all just jealous"
    Asbolute geebag: "WUR REEEELY NOSH!!"

cringe
    Ha ha, they're not D4 heads. they're country lasses.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has anyone seen an ad for some packet of seasoning that you put in a bag and shake chicken or whatever around in it? Some woman dancing around the kitchen shaking the bag with her sons watching her. Truly awful! Who makes this crap?

That ad was based on the behavior of a real woman shortly before a bloody murder suicide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement