Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The one for the new Terminal at the airport with yer man talking a load of rubbish....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RVD420 wrote: »
    The one for the new Terminal at the airport with yer man talking a load of rubbish....:mad:
    Totally cringe inducing, in the same vein as Guinness/IRFU "THIS IS OUR LAND" boll0x, appealing to national pride these days is not a good strategy, especially with sappy crap like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I want to kill every single person in that McDonalds ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The "Now 77" ad. Is that what the kidz are listening too these days??? Dear God.

and no, I'm not as old as I sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

"I should still be in bed, mum, I'm not a morning person
    I've such a sleepy head, mum, I'm not a morning person
    This early I'm not great
    Even when we're running late!"

GAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! D:<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bothar ad with the goat that asks "are we there yet? are we there yet?"
    Lordy but that's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Wait, wait, worst ad ever is "I want to do a poo at Paul's."

Why? Just why? Surely there's adults working in advertisting for whatever toilet product they were selling, how come no-one stopped this horror before it got on our tellies?!

I bet people called Paul hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wait, wait, worst ad ever is "I want to do a poo at Paul's."

Why? Just why? Surely there's adults working in advertisting for whatever toilet product they were selling, how come no-one stopped this horror before it got on our tellies?!

I bet people called Paul hate that ad.
    I couldn't imagine the amount of bullying that little git Paul has received since he starred in that ad.

I couldn't imagine the amount of bullying that little git Paul has received since he starred in that ad.

Techically Paul was the lad who lived in the house with the nice smelling bathroom and was never seen in the ad. i.e the kid who needs the poo is not called Paul.

I thought it important to point this out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Christ that new meteor ad is sh*te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

But this ad is never on tv lately. Dunno why it still comes up in chat on here. Haven't seen it in yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

That Spin 103 ad...why?

The Cost Plus Sofas one too. Were they trying to make that one funny or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

As I expected, I despise that new Meteor Christmas ad but it's not as repulsive as last year's one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

What I don't despise is the Hugo Boss ad being back on.OH Sienna I love you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

All nintendo ads.

The first one with a bunch of celebs telling us how they enjoy Mario, who are they??? I thought at first it was ordinary people.

Then there is the Jedward ad :eek: FFS :mad:

The bloody Marks & Spencers christmas ads, with those smug idiots at it again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Think its a vodafone ad

but it shows a guy and his girlfriend on the street, he kisses her then cocks his head back and smiles

FXCKIN CRINGE CENTRAL

morto for him :P

As I expected, I despise that new Meteor Christmas ad but it's not as repulsive as last year's one!

Oh how I miss him and his smug ways.:(

meteor-bearded-guy-2.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Just seen the Kellogg's Christmas ad this year..
    This one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aI74-YHQGY

Not sure about Irish tv but they have overdubbed the voices with english kids on english tv. They have also changed the musical score around.
    Not sure why Kellogg's would change such a famous ad after so long

McD's Christmas Drive Thur ad.

It's is a really annoying ad but what really pisses me off is that they have changed the licence plates to Irish Licence plates. Okay, I know there are plenty of English people in Ireland, but come on! What a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

telekon wrote: »
    Oh how I miss him and his smug ways.:(

meteor-bearded-guy-2.PNG

JESUS! Don't be ruining a nice Sunday morning with pictures like this!!!

:eek:

bloopy wrote: »
    This one:

Not sure about Irish tv but they have overdubbed the voices with english kids on english tv. They have also changed the musical score around.

Accent sells. Advertisers will try to have advertising with native accents in English. I am pretty sure Andi McDowell was over dubbed with an Irish accent for the first few years of her cosmetic advertising until they realized we knew who she was.

Elmo wrote: »
    McD's Christmas Drive Thur ad.

It's is a really annoying ad but what really pisses me off is that they have changed the licence plates to Irish Licence plates. Okay, I know there are plenty of English people in Ireland, but come on! What a waste of time.

They have a new M plate on the McD ads :rolleyes:

"....because winter hates.... YOUR FACE!!!" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

bloopy wrote: »
    This one:

That ad hasn't changed a bit since I was a child in either voices or music.

This ad is a proper sickener: :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHHJh7SfDQ

If someone came to my house and stuck their nose up at the way my walls were painted and then waved a feckin fancy leaflet in front of me I'd have no problem in telling them to get the fúck out of my house and take your feckin BER certificate and shove it up your arse! Fúckin snobs! :mad:

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHHJh7SfDQ

Wtf? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

We Irish love our ham, rashers & sausages.....

truly IRISH, 100% IRISH, providing IRISH Jobs, guaranteed IRISH

...and rashers that taaaaaste greaaaaaaaaaat

Now that I think about it, it makes me laugh out loud every time so maybe despise is too strong a word...fairly shi*e though

And the never-ending hair replacement ad with a load of sports people talking about how young and sexually fulfilled they are now that they have hair. 'I certainly don't think I would have won best-looking z-lister of the year 1984 if I hadn't had someone else's hair grafted onto my bonce'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Bothar ad with the goat that asks "are we there yet? are we there yet?"
    Lordy but that's annoying.

and the posh Da Goat 'To faaaahtilize the soil with our manuah'

See the licence plates for this **** ad. I don't know which is more annoying the licence plates or the worst ad ever created. This wins out, for all of the ads mentioned on this thread IMO.

Hate the Guinness Rugby Country ad -

What a pile of sanctimonious shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah that one is horrific, the expressions on their faces and the unnecessary close-ups, I cringe when it comes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement