Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well Holy God!

I came on to this forum to moan about that ad.

She's Fidelma from Glenroe, the strumpet who rolled in the hay with Miley.

I think that ad must have been story-boarded in the 80's. It's woeful. Unless they are deliberatley trying to evoke a nostalgic mood with the 80's vibe and Fidelma the Hussey

I absolutely LOATHE the Knorr Shake and Bake ad. First, its really sexist - man sitting at head of table smirking, woman cooking, lads doing nothing to help and there not being any issue with it. Second, the smug laugh everyone has when the child makes a smart arse comment about his mother. Third, the stupid grinning expression the woman wears the whole way through. Hate hate hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I absolutely LOATHE the Knorr Shake and Bake ad. First, its really sexist - man sitting at head of table smirking, woman cooking, lads doing nothing to help and there not being any issue with it. Second, the smug laugh everyone has when the child makes a smart arse comment about his mother. Third, the stupid grinning expression the woman wears the whole way through. Hate hate hate it.
    There is an English version of this ad; same story board but different actors. For some reason it's less cringe worthy than ours. Anyone else seen it?

Our one reminds me of the old ads for Dawn milk, Squeeze orange juice, and those stupid singing teddies for natural gas, I think. It screams eighties (maybe early 90s too).

Anyone else want to give a, give a, give a kick to the singers on the give a, give a, give a garmon ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sardonicat wrote: »
    There is an English version of this ad; same story board but different actors. For some reason it's less cringe worthy than ours. Anyone else seen it?

Our one reminds me of the old ads for Dawn milk, Squeeze orange juice, and those stupid singing teddies for natural gas, I think. It screams eighties (maybe early 90s too).

Anyone else want to give a, give a, give a kick to the singers on the give a, give a, give a garmon ads?

Just as 1950's as the Irish one. It is just a cringe worthy just we can take a step back with English actors when they do something cringe worthy. At least they took the time to change the actors rather than just putting a few Irish makey up licence plate on display.

Awh yeah the Bord Gais teddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

There's an ad on at the moment for some dude shaving while looking out the window. Once he starts shaving he randomly causes a shower to drench someone out on the street!

The thing is they all seem delighted to be soaked! :confused: If I was randomly drenched because of some smug git shaving, I wouldn't laugh about it while my convertable was getting ruined along with my mobile and ipod!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDy1fc32yDI :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Elmo wrote: »

See the licence plates for this **** ad. I don't know which is more annoying the licence plates or the worst ad ever created. This wins out, for all of the ads mentioned on this thread IMO.

Couldn't agree with you more, especially about the superimposed Irish plates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

See the licence plates for this **** ad. I don't know which is more annoying the licence plates or the worst ad ever created. This wins out, for all of the ads mentioned on this thread IMO.
    Couldn't agree with you more, especially about the superimposed Irish plates!
    +1
    glasso wrote: »
    Hate the Guinness Rugby Country ad -

What a pile of sanctimonious shyte.
    have a love / hate relationship with that ad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Posy wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned, but that Woolite ad where everyone is in the nip is just WEIRD.

I came on here to moan about that advert.
    Its a bit graphic, and totally weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Awh yeah the Bord Gais teddies.

Grrrr, why did you have to remind us....the "50/50 cashback" ad with that incredibly annoying tune and those stupid bears. :mad:

Wonder did the 50/50 cashback refer to Bord Gais employees and the discounts they got in the 1980s?:rolleyes:

telekon wrote: »
    Grrrr, why did you have to remind us....the "50/50 cashback" ad with that incredibly annoying tune and those stupid bears. :mad:

Wonder did the 50/50 cashback refer to Bord Gais employees and the discounts they got in the 1980s?:rolleyes:

Don't be bring up other threads haha.

I suppose I was a child so I quiet liked that ad. Also its fairly well made bar the incredible annoying song.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Everytime I see that Knorr add for shake and season with that ugly fcuking b1tch and her gobsh1te expression I cant help but wonder why oh! why anyone would get into advertising. The woman is a complete harpy I hate the sight of her on the TV. The only ray of light is that with any luck she will never act again and I wont have to look at her bandy fcuking face. Pure sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That southern comfort ad about New Orleans is awful, it hurts my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Knappogue House

Yeah, those toilet paper ads which tell you that you need the softest best paper for whiping shít from your ass. They usually involve something soft and cuddly trying to portray the toilet paper is also soft and cuddly. What the fúck are they all about?

Agree , last time I used a golden labrador puppy to wipe my arse both of us were totally disappointed with the whole experience :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

AAGH.

I hated the dennys "wedding" ad.

Eeeugh! The have a Christmas version out. It's complete pukesville.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Posy wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned, but that Woolite ad where everyone is in the nip is just WEIRD.
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I came on here to moan about that advert.
    Its a bit graphic, and totally weird

Very weird and very annoying.

And those of us who play Scrabble on Facebook now have to put up with it while waiting for the game to upload.

What the hell is Woolite anyway?
    The ad is so annoying that I never really found out.

I won't be rushing out to buy the stuff what ever it is.
    I'd rather keep my clothes on in this weather ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Isn't that ad a bit risky to be putting on before the watershed? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

ALL the dumb Meteor ads. Very lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

BengaLover wrote: »
    ALL the dumb Meteor ads. Very lame.

yeah, and what's with having a younger version of the Gallagher brothers in the de-scrooging ad.. some eyebrows on them..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

yeah, and what's with having a younger version of the Gallagher brothers in the de-scrooging ad.. some eyebrows on them..
    Not to mention the hairstyles.Like something from the Hacienda circa 1990.

TV3's app ad.

Our app has that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Have to say I hate this advert at the moment. This is the UK version of it, but the Irish one is exactly the same just with a different accent. I understand these are shock adverts for a reason, but does anyone else feel they are starting to get a little OTT in their attempts to drive the message home??

• Advertisement

There's this Christmassy ad on at the moment ,im not even sure what its for .Theres an old bearded man laughing and a girl doing a really stupid dance ,it looks thick.

darkdubh wrote: »
    There's this Christmassy ad on at the moment ,im not even sure what its for .Theres an old bearded man laughing and a girl doing a really stupid dance ,it looks thick.

Sony VAT back ad. It sounds like she is saying I got an Ipad, Ipad, Ipad

http://www.youtube.com/user/sonyirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

those renault scrappage scheme ads, so crap. i feel like kicking the tv everytime i see them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

That Snuggie ad with the whole family sitting around wearing the stooopid blankets. Turn on the f**king heat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

deemark wrote: »
    That Snuggie ad with the whole family sitting around wearing the stooopid blankets. Turn on the f**king heat!!!

They look like members of a cult sitting in someones house! :D

Sony VAT back ad. It sounds like she is saying I got an Ipad, Ipad, Ipad

http://www.youtube.com/user/sonyirl
    God,it's even more annoying than i first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH

DIE :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

telekon wrote: »

Hate that fecking song. I know someone who worked on that ad, but luckily for them it wasn't on the song, otherwise I'd have throttled them!

Also does anyone else hate that stupid "it's so important to make someone happy" rubbish with the kn0b jockeys skating in a conga down Grafton Street? Makes me want to puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The Beckham's ad where they are in a lift.

Leaves me cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That bloody vodafone christmas ad " make someone happy...." Didn't mind it at the start, but after enduring it around 210,000 times now, I wanna smash my tv when it comes on. Insta-channel switch.

I know how vodafone could make me happy, driving a bulldozer into their advertising department....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement