Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That Playstation move ad.

"No more flickin' your wrists and hoping for the best!"

**** off you rip off merchants! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TV3's Christmas ad with their stars :o.
    RTÉ Christmas movie ad which has a song about all of the movies :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Mikosyko wrote: »
    This ad is a proper sickener: :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHHJh7SfDQ

If someone came to my house and stuck their nose up at the way my walls were painted and then waved a feckin fancy leaflet in front of me I'd have no problem in telling them to get the fúck out of my house and take your feckin BER certificate and shove it up your arse! Fúckin snobs! :mad:

+1 Couldn't agree more with ya.

Here's another ad I can't stand, courtesy of Vodafone, home of the Nokia 1011.

"When you're looking for a smortpheune, it's not about the number of apps, it's not about the size of the screen...."
    Really?? Okay, I guess I'll just take the one over there with the 0.7" screen that can't even do text messaging. Who needs all these pesky interwebs, musics, videos and games cluttering up our pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rah

why have boots been using that "here comes the girls" song on all their adverts for the past 50 years?

"Clearly people felt the need to be uplifted during ad breaks this year."

From 10 to 1

10. News of the World: Kitchen (The Hive)
    9. 3 Mobile: Soap Opera (McCann Erickson)
    8. Fig Rolls: Taste Buds (DDFH&B)
    7. Bulmers Original (Euro RSCG)
    6. Guniness: Rugby Country (Irish International)
    5. National Lottery: Rainbow (DDFH&B)
    4. Currys: Thierry Henry (Rothco)
    3. Fáilte Ireland: The Fun Starts Here
    2. DAA: Pride (Publicis QMP)
    1. 98FM: Now is Good: Talking Seal (Rothco)

I think all have been mentioned here on this thread. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thanks to the RSA for showing us how to use a roundabout... Since everybody who sits the driving exam is supposed to know this already, I can only assume that this ad is directed at people who drive on the road without a driving license ....

Absolute WASTE of money...

Thanks to the RSA for showing us how to use a roundabout... Since everybody who sits the driving exam is supposed to know this already, I can only assume that this ad is directed at people who drive on the road without a driving license ....

Absolute WASTE of money...

It is aimed at people who don't use their F*CKING indicators. :mad: :):o

Elmo wrote: »
    It is aimed at people who don't use their F*CKING indicators. :mad: :):o

well indicators are just that.. an indication of what somebody is going to do.. If you have an accident at a roundabout, and you say in court "well they had indicated they were taking the 2nd exit" as you ran in to them when they approached the 3rd exit... you are STILL in the wrong... So it is also futile to instill this absolute credence in indicators, and people's ability to use them properly..

Merry Christmas.. ;)

well indicators are just that.. an indication of what somebody is going to do.. If you have an accident at a roundabout, and you say in court "well they had indicated they were taking the 2nd exit" as you ran in to them when they approached the 3rd exit... you are STILL in the wrong... So it is also futile to instill this absolute credence in indicators, and people's ability to use them properly..

Merry Christmas.. ;)

Perhaps they should redo the ad.

When on a roundabout don't expect people to use their indicators, even though it is a fairly large part of the test that they probably have got yet.

Expect the Unexpected.

Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats the point in having two road safety commercials in each ad break when everyone is driving at 5 km an hour all over the country with the snow and ice, does not make sense, at the moment anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Whats the point in having two road safety commercials in each ad break when everyone is driving at 5 km an hour all over the country with the snow and ice, does not make sense, at the moment anyway.

They possible paid for them in advance. And it isn't snowing that badly in Dublin so it must not be THAT bad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"It'll be great - PJ, Mosser...ALL the lads will be there..."

I see this piece of annoyance is doing the rounds again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Every M&S ad annoys me. It's all so twee, so very Middle-England, and the Christmas ones are the worst. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the sight of Peter Kay and Twiggy doing some stupid dance routine angers me immensely. They just look so punchable, the pair of them.

The pretentious perfume ads seem to go into absolute over-drive this time of year, for obvious reasons. It's always some impossibly beautiful person flapping about the place and then just saying the name of the perfume as if you couldn't read it yourself " Gucci- by Gucci". Thanks for that, James Franco, I can't read labels, ya know. Though he is forgiven cause he's hot.:p

The one absolutely driving me mental this year is the one for Sony with some stupid little spoiled biatch dancing around the place "OHMYGOD, I got a laptop!" Annoying as fcuk. Somebody please shut her up before I put my fist through the TV.

The usual ridiculous air-brushed sanistied version of Grafton Street is back again I see courtesy of Vodafone, though I am grateful that Meteor didn't inflict "Merry Chrimbo, babe" on the nation again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just when i think i've seen the last of that lottery ad with the fat weirdo pretending to be a baby they go ahead and revive it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

That assfuc**ng M 'n M Mona Lisa ad..why does it take 5 of them to go and get 1 fu+++ng camera....:mad::mad::mad:

Sids Not wrote: »
    That assfuc**ng M 'n M Mona Lisa ad..why does it take 5 of them to go and get 1 fu+++ng camera....:mad::mad::mad:

yeah I never understood that.. who writes this crap..

yeah I never understood that.. who writes this crap..

What gets me is that these ads have been on (unchanged) for years....humorous maybe the first time you see it..but after that.....:confused:

And its not the only over-used ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It now seems that the Go Compare advertising execs have listened to the complaints, and silenced the ads a little....literally.

It's amazing that even as a silent film those ads are still unbearable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It now seems that the Go Compare advertising execs have listened to the complaints, and silenced the ads a little....literally.

It's amazing that even as a silent film those ads are still unbearable :pac:
    Well I actually find it tolerable this time around, seeing as it fits in with the theme, i.e. the Go Compare guy being some guy who wouldn't look out of place in a Charlie Chaplin film.

Amanda Brunker... selling couches... :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Amanda Brunker... ... :mad::mad::mad:
    Fixed your post, Jonathan.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Fixed your post, Jonathan.

well tbh, that's how I wanted to phrase it, but I added the couches bit lest my remarks be considered off topic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Whats the point in having two road safety commercials in each ad break when everyone is driving at 5 km an hour all over the country with the snow and ice
    .. while still choosing to use their phones while driving and/or decline the use of indicators. Geebags.

A newbie from that old reliable, Meteor; the one with Coppers' finest talking to her mate in America about the guy who brought her to the debs blanking her in the supermarket.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If I was drowning and somebody threw me in a safety camera, I would be plenty p**sed off :)

RSA ad........Poor woman describing how she lost the love of her life through being hit by a car.........:(:(

Well boo fu**ing hoo Ms. He was a drunk yob who staggered out in front of the car...Not a word about the poor car driver who probably will have nightmares for the rest of their life, and may have even given up driving forever...

FFS....what a thick ad for road safety...should be a drinks advert...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

Can't believe no one has mentioned what is probably the most irritating ad to appear on tv for a very long time. (Though I am prepared to admit that I haven't read all 172 pages of this thread). You know the one I mean, the car insurance ad with the fat fec*er with the silly false mustashe who who's voice makes root canal treatment a pleasure in comparison. Yes that one! Go Compare.com More like Go Fe*k Off.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its basically mentioned twice on every page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

One thats been bugging me for a while: the rsa ad with the fella in the bed and the voiceover that says "what if you had to spend months having to recognise footsteps" or something like that
    First of all: the blatent sexism referring to the driver as a man and "what if it was your mother/sister that got killed by speeding". Because women never speed:rolleyes: (and Im a girl btw)
    also I might be talking out of my hole here but what injury would you have to lie flat on your back "for months" for? Even with a broken back you can position yourself upright after a while and paralysis lasts longer than months

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

Thargor wrote: »
    Its basically mentioned twice on every page of this thread.

Really?.....Every page?.....Cr4p, this monitor must need a wipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Without a doubt the new Nicorette ad featuring the most irritating music ever, nothing makes me switch channels more quickly than those first few bars of screeching torment, or it could be the effects of man flu and 4 days off cigarettes are making me irritable but i'm going with the former.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement