Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

ratmouse wrote: »
    Agreed. It's somewhat freaky.
    I blame the uncanny valley.

461px-Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg.png

It commonly applies to robots, but human CG characters (like those skating babies) are also applied.

Did anyone watch the Irish ad for LittleBigPlanet 2? Why on earth did they replace Stephen Fry's voice for that same dude that does pretty much every other voice over in this country? They turned what was a good ad, rather grating with that switch. Its not like Fry is unknown in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I wonder if that poor bastard in the Holland and Barratts stores still gets asked by people whether if something is on sale.

"Everything in the store is on sale?"
    "Yes! Everything in store on sale!"
    "Is this industial sized box of vitamins on sale?!"
    "...Yes. Everything's on sale"
    "Are these fat metabolisers on sale?"
    "YES. EVERYTHING IN STORE IS ON SALE."
    "What about this aloe vera cr-"
    "EVERYTHING INSTORE IS ON FCUKING SALE!!!!!! :mad:"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Did anyone watch the Irish ad for LittleBigPlanet 2? Why on earth did they replace Stephen Fry's voice for that same dude that does pretty much every other voice over in this country? They turned what was a good ad, rather grating with that switch. Its not like Fry is unknown in this country.
    They did the same thing with that Uma Thurman car ad, replaced her voice over with an Irish girl. Why bother:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They did the same thing with that Uma Thurman car ad, replaced her voice over with an Irish girl. Why bother:confused:

It may be an old rule but in the 1980s Irish products had to have ads produced in Ireland. I think this was extended to voiceovers for foreign products.

Of course they had classic ads back then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jezzington

Elmo wrote: »
    I think they are talking about Shamrock Rovers not Blackburn. They are suggesting that in year X the Airtrcity league is better than the English League.

Yeah whats the Record Breakers ad? I keep hearing it but don't know what it is for?

What I mean is, "City" are the 2010s equivalent of Blackburn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Jezzington wrote: »
    What I mean is, "City" are the 2010s equivalent of Blackburn ;)

Did they change that ad???

Do the say Bohs now and instead of it melts the cheese it Wrecks the cheese if you beam it to the apt.

liger wrote: »
    Did they change that ad???

Do the say Bohs now and instead of it melts the cheese it Wrecks the cheese if you beam it to the apt.

Wrecks the cheese (easy single)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Haha, what about Carlsberg deleting the '..and that is how we beat England in Stuttgart' from the British version of their 'probably the best flatmates' ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

There's a new ad for a car on now and the music is a load of bull.

"Ahhh eee ooo ooo oh oh eehh ehh ooo ooo ahh.." :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Mikosyko wrote: »
    There's a new ad for a car on now and the music is a load of bull.

"Ahhh eee ooo ooo oh oh eehh ehh ooo ooo ahh.." :confused:

oh god yeah. could that be any more annoying? ford fiesta i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That ad where the man and woman sing "I like old movies, like the godfather part 3" is painful to watch.

That ad where the man and woman sing "I like old movies, like the godfather part 3" is painful to watch.

"like the god faaver free"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Jezzington wrote: »
    New McDonald's ad with that smirking mouthy spiv love child of Derek Trotter and Robbie Keane - "It wrecks the cheese". Shame someone doesn't wreck him. It's set in Dublin (11 out of 10 for originality there...) Compulsory snooze inducing references to English football - Let's call the team "City", we're soooo caught up in drooling over the new (Blackburn) "Rovers", we hardly need to give their full name, and of course the compulsory smug comments about Longford from scobie Del Boy Keano...
    *Grrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

I like how they have a token Cork lad just so as to include the non-Dublin demographic. Somehow I just can't see these lads being mates in real life.

Renault Scrappage ad. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sky Atlantic, why oh why,Dustin? I have always loved yer acting, but why are you advertising. As the late and much lamented Bills Hicks said: "If your into advertising you are all suckers of Satans (Insert word here)."

Sorry Iggy!
    Sorry Johnny Rotten

What next Roger Waters raving about cement or something, good for bonding your bricks while building your wall.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The avonmore ads either side of the weather forecast. Particularly the one that goes "and lift and pour..."

Foot through the telly time! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

That tea ad where the guy goes on about 'all talk'. Dreadful.

Some ad for car insurance on atm where the kid asks how baby rabbits are made - aggghhhhhhhh

That tea ad where the guy goes on about 'all talk'. Dreadful.

Some ad for car insurance on atm where the kid asks how baby rabbits are made - aggghhhhhhhh

wtf has that got to do with insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Mikosyko wrote: »
    wtf has that got to do with insurance?

A kid asks its father about how rabbits are made, father doesn't know what to say and the wife steps in ...the line is that it is like car insurance because you want someone else to do it for you. Genius hey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That new 123.ie car insurance ad, the annoying head on your one

The Ray D'Arcy Show on TodayFM

Everything about it, But sure if I throw an egg I top of it, it might improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

The new Mc Donalds add, but it's the main guy in it who's annoying, just the head on him...and the price of turnips these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

As alluded to in another thread, Tubridy on that 2FM "come together" ad, as some sort of James Bond type figure, makes my blood boil. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Ray D'Arcy Show on TodayFM

Everything about it, But sure if I throw an egg I top of it, it might improve.
    I haven't listenened to this rubbish show in ages but I must agree. Anyway, a year or two back he promised to leave the country should Edna Kenny ever become Taoiseach so only a couple more week to put up with him. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

coonecb1 wrote: »
    I like how they have a token Cork lad just so as to include the non-Dublin demographic. Somehow I just can't see these lads being mates in real life.
    Maybe the Cork fella was up in dublin buying heroin from his suppliers in Sherriff St.

el diablo wrote: »
    I haven't listenened to this rubbish show in ages but I must agree. Anyway, a year or two back he promised to leave the country should Edna Kenny ever become Taoiseach so only a couple more week to put up with him. :)

Lets hope Gilmore gets there. Time for a really change not just a lame duck Taoisheach supported by FF on the sideline (we've had 2 of them already) ;)

Thank god Political Advertising isn't allowed on TV.

Lets hope Gilmore gets there. Time for a really change not just a lame duck Taoisheach supported by FF on the sideline (we've had 2 of them already) ;)

Thank god Political Advertising isn't allowed on TV.
    Erm...didn't Fine Gael just have one on after the news last night, outlining what they have planned if they're elected?

• Advertisement

Erm...didn't Fine Gael just have one on after the news last night, outlining what they have planned if they're elected?

Erm ..... its called a political broadcast on behalf of FG, it isn't paid for all political parties get air time.

Aero Bubble

unbelivabuubbble

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement