Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That zebra fish/heart failure ad is really depressing. Very weird too when the fish starts talking in a cockney accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

The 11890 radio ad, that daft bint trying to be a female Eddie Hobbs. It makes me wana find her a box the head off her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Why are there so many ads for internet dating sites now? :confused:

Why are there so many ads for internet dating sites now? :confused:

I'd say it's one of two things: Valentine's Day coming up, or trying to appeal to those who were single for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

All the Chicago Town pizza ads. That voiceover guy has the most annoying accent ever. :mad:
    Elmo wrote: »
    The Ray D'Arcy Show on TodayFM

Everything about it, But sure if I throw an egg I top of it, it might improve.

The only good thing about that ad is the Cathy Davey song in the background. Such a shame a lot of irritating knobs talk over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

All the Chicago Town pizza ads. That voiceover guy has the most annoying accent ever. :mad:

The only good thing about that ad is the Cathy Davey song in the background. Such a shame a lot of irritating knobs talk over it.

I kind of like the Chicago Town pizza ad :o

The Ray D'Arcy Ad is so bad I didn't even notice the soundtrack. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Erm...didn't Fine Gael just have one on after the news last night, outlining what they have planned if they're elected?

FF had one tonight!! Apparently it's €6,000 or so to advertise in this slot. Wonder whose tax paid for this....? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Go Compare,
    Go Compare,
    When in doubt check them out go Compare,
    (Dog barks 2x)
    With just a few clicks save your spondoliks and you'll thank your stars that you went to go compare!!,
    Lady: Good sound system.
    (Man nods)
    Yes you'll thank your stars that you went to go compare!!!

GO FÚCK OFF!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Saw an ad yesterday for some sort of chewing bar for dogs. Boy that was creepy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Sky Atlantic, why oh why,Dustin? I have always loved yer acting, but why are you advertising. As the late and much lamented Bills Hicks said: "If your into advertising you are all suckers of Satans (Insert word here)."

Sorry Iggy!
    Sorry Johnny Rotten

What next Roger Waters raving about cement or something, good for bonding your bricks while building your wall.

I really don't think Dustin made the add to promote the new Sky channel. Hoffman is the star of a new HBO series called "Luck". Almost 50% of Sky Atlantic's content is HBO programming. I'd say the add was originally made to promote "Luck" but Sky are using it to advertise their new service rather than just one show.

It's not like Benicio del Toro and the ice creams.

• Advertisement

pooch90 wrote: »
    FF had one tonight!! Apparently it's €6,000 or so to advertise in this slot. Wonder whose tax paid for this....? :mad:

They are free Party Political Broadcasts. No political party can pay for advertising on broadcast media (TV or Radio). The are given a number of slots on the run up to an election. Political advertising is against the law on broadcast media. I know that many broadcasters would like to see Paid for Political advertising on Irish TV and they are currently try to get people to agree to it.

Here the IBI suggests it would give Commerical Radio a Voice :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Go Compare,
    Go Compare,
    (Dog barks 2x)
    With just a few clicks save your spondoliks and you'll thank your stars that you went to go compare!!,
    (Man nods)

GO FÚCK OFF!!!!!!

lol I liked that ad but they played it sooooo much it's annoying as fúck now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Holy fcuk that IRFU ad:

"This is where character is formed, this is our land etc etc" is the most pretentious, cringe-inducing pile of sh1t I have ever seen, it is literally the worst ad on television at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Elmo wrote: »
    Erm ..... its called a political broadcast on behalf of FG, it isn't paid for all political parties get air time.
    Ahhh, I see. Well its good that they don't have to pay, otherwise we'd be seeing ad's ripping on the rival parties.

Anyway, does anyone remember that one car ad that spoofed Cast Away, many years ago? I mean, looking back on it, it's just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    lol I liked that ad but they played it sooooo much it's annoying as fúck now!

It's never player lately. So I dunno why people are still ranting about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

That ad for Irish Times Rugby coverage:

"there's been a lot of changes to the 6 Nations over the years ... including the number of nations" :confused:

Sorry, there's only ever been six nations in the Six Nations. That's why it's called .... The Six Nations!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

the one where the mum is singing, dancing about & shaking up some vegetables and meat in a plastic bag in the kitchen while her two kids watch on..........*shudder*!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

the one where the mum is singing, dancing about & shaking up some vegetables and meat in a plastic bag in the kitchen while her two kids watch on..........*shudder*!

I dont think I have ever been as embarresed for someone in an ad as that one
    Wasnt she in Glenroe at some stage
    shake, shake, shake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

"the food mum..not your dancing" you little sh*t..i hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Ha ha ha!!! I'm relieved I'm not the only one on this!! I get clammy hands of embarrassment when it appears.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

It's...tough...to...get...white...socks....really....clean.

This add annoys me so much.
    I hate the intro.

I hate the bit when he has the sock on his hand and pretends it's a puppet and it goes to bite him and he reacts by moving his head away. It's your feckin hand you dumb sh1t.

I hate the bit when the voice over says brrrrrilliant

I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Thargor wrote: »
    Holy fcuk that IRFU ad:

"This is where character is formed, this is our land etc etc" is the most pretentious, cringe-inducing pile of sh1t I have ever seen, it is literally the worst ad on television at the minute.
    Cringeworthy as it is...

....I kind of like it

:eek:

City Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

There are too many **** commercials, most of them actually

This though I thought was really good and clever smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the halifax ad with the 2 women djs and the "lucky you" jingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Thargor wrote: »
    Holy fcuk that IRFU ad:

Pretty cringeworthy alright. I wasn't sure at first whether it was for the IRFU or Guinness.
    Actually, I'm still not sure, and i don't really care. I hate it as much as the Kerrygold "his feet will touch Irish soil first".

In other news, the ad for the Dublin Film Festival, featuring a city that couldn't be any more different from Dublin if it tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Go Compare,
    Go Compare,
    (Dog barks 2x)
    (Man nods)

GO FÚCK OFF!!!!!!
    I second this one. Any of those "go compare" ads are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The UK ad for the Yellow Pages app which is a rip off of the old J R Hartley ad from the 80's. Absolutely terrible.

Crap:

Classic:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I have given a name to my pain, and it is Wynne Evans.

The much beloved "Go Compare" icon of annoyance.

• Advertisement

That ad with the babies on rollerskates just freaks the sh!t outta me.

Don't know why, but it does.

And ads in general are just pointless, useless exercises.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement