Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Any ads that mix live action with animated characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYWTgzo662k

The one that makes the pastery dish and has that ginger bread thing next to her AND the new irish insurance ad.....

I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of mentioning the company :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

The Tombolla ad's that are used for Emmerdale on ITV. Basically a group of internet pals having a fun day out all while their online nicknames flash across the screen. Nauseating stuff.

Here's a 15 second sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

zimovain wrote: »
    The Tombolla ad's that are used for Emmerdale on ITV. Basically a group of internet pals having a fun day out all while their online nicknames flash across the screen. Nauseating stuff.

Here's a 15 second sample.

Can't bring myself to watch the sample but playing Bingo is probably Bingojay's only option as he's clearly a virgin with no friends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Those "BIG SWITCH" Bord Gais ads.....dont hate them or Lucy....just cant understand why all the switches are in the "off" position....even though they've switched over....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Sids Not wrote: »
    Those "BIG SWITCH" Bord Gais ads.....dont hate them or Lucy....just cant understand why all the switches are in the "off" position....even though they've switched over....:confused:

LOL, I never even noticed that, too distracted by Lucy just barging into people's homes and dishing out a bunch of orders, "Put on the film!" "Go make the big switch!" "Aarrggh, sandwiches!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 RP Mc murphy

Hate those ads, those two douche bags peddling around in a cart or laying on a beach shooting arrows, also die harvey die. This madness must stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hate those ads, those two douche bags peddling around in a cart or laying on a beach shooting arrows, also die harvey die. This madness must stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

pooch90 wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to watch the sample but playing Bingo is probably Bingojay's only option as he's clearly a virgin with no friends.....

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That Vodafone UK Bee one!!!!

Animals as humans disturbs me greatly!!!!

I don't care about your circulation booster v3 now fúck off :mad:

Also: "Catch the fever" F- off you talentless twat! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The gillette fusion ad. The little idiot who runs into the bathroom and shouts "Whoooh, hello buddy".
    He reminds me of Jeremy Kyle, both smarmy little gits.
    Then at the end just as he's about to get put in a chokehold, the ad cuts off :mad:
    I really want to see him getting choked.

The gillette fusion ad. The little idiot who runs into the bathroom and shouts "Whoooh, hello buddy".
    He reminds me of Jeremy Kyle, both smarmy little gits.
    Then at the end just as he's about to get put in a chokehold, the ad cuts off :mad:
    I really want to see him getting choked.

What happened the Irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Elmo wrote: »
    What happened the Irish version?
    It's probably being badly dubbed as we speak.

It's probably being badly dubbed as we speak.

No I mean there was one with Brian O'Driscoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Any of the Comfort ads with those multicolour muppets. Creepy things.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those are fcuking horrible, the jerky movements and the dead eyes, abominations!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

first it was upload your "Swish", now it's a "wink" they want.

I want to start a campaign to see who has the best "up yours".

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

The new McDonalds ad, where it's Ireland in the future. Mainly because of that smug cúnt at the end "don't be stoooopid, it wrecks the cheese" Oh how I want to kill him!!:mad::mad::mad:

bungler wrote: »
    The 11890 radio ad, that daft bint trying to be a female Eddie Hobbs. It makes me wana find her a box the head off her
    Why did they beeped when she says "langer"? Ofended anyone?

That ad for cheese with the stomping, dancing rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

'A RENAULT MEGANE FOR HOW MUCH??!!'

Seriously, if someone can find the irish version of this ad I would be really grateful.

People need to see how low voiceovers can go.

'A RENAULT MEGANE FOR HOW MUCH??!!'

Seriously, if someone can find the irish version of this ad I would be really grateful.

People need to see how low voiceovers can go.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"This Is Rugby Country", aside from the total b-locks being spouted throughout, it's the knock-off Sigur Ros music that grinds my gears. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

The Kinder Surprise ad with that ghastly "Tweet-tweet-tweet" song.:mad:

-Urge to kill, rising-

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Have not been through the whole thread but for me it is anything with Jamie Redknap particully the holiday ad

The Cadbury creme egg with the guy licking or kissing the lamp post and the eggs squirting/coming all excited :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'm sure this one has been mentioned loads of times but every time I hear Craig **** Doyle talking about watching the "footie" I want to smack the TV.

Another fail is the one for some boil in the bag stuff with a microwave that won't open unless you chat it up. WFT? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement