Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ollaetta wrote: »
    I'm sure this one has been mentioned loads of times but every time I hear Craig **** Doyle talking about watching the "footie" I want to smack the TV.

And will somebody tell yer wan out of Fair City, that does the voiceover it's f****KING broaDband. Can stand her on any of the ads she does, very insincere..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All meteor ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

Those Ariel ads where the woman says "Brrrilliant" at the end! Its been ages since I've hated an ad this much. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBazW1nQtY&feature=related

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Loreal revitalift with Rachel Weiz.

Normally I like Rachel weiz but there is something annoying about her voice going on about stimulating her mind, stimulating her body blah blah blah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New Xtra Vision ad with kids doing lines form classic movies really makes me want to put boot to ass :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

amdublin wrote: »
    Loreal revitalift with Rachel Weiz.

Normally I like Rachel weiz but there is something annoying about her voice going on about stimulating her mind, stimulating her body blah blah blah...

+1 - the "It works!" annoys the hell outta me, and also the sound of book pages being flicked when she's "stimulating her mind". I'm usually a fan also, but this ad is all bad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The New Lotto ads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

calex71 wrote: »
    New Xtra Vision ad with kids doing lines form classic movies really makes me want to put boot to ass :mad:
    Seconded.Not any old kids of course,but those D4 brats that seem to be on all Irish ads featuring kids now.

All those ads for Insurance for women drivers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mallister

Anyone seen the new ad for some furniture place with yer one Brunker twirlin around all rictus-grin like somethin ud see in the 50s? Jesus this woman has no dignity at all. Has she any class? I cant fathom what exactly her appeal is supposed to be? A big pair of jugs which she has to mention any time she opens her gob like shes some kind of siren or something that will entice us all in to buyin whatever tut shes floggin. Get off my telly you sad annoying bitch. Sam Fox did it better a quarter of a century ago.

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »
    Seconded.Not any old kids of course,but those D4 brats that seem to be on all Irish ads featuring kids now.

Billy f'n Barry and his gang of merry kids are at work here I just know it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

calex71 wrote: »
    Billy f'n Barry and her gang of merry kids are at work here I just know it :mad:

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Whoever came up with that Bobo Bingo ad should be fired out of a cannon.

"Go Bobo! Go Bobo!" Go fcuk yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The new Gillette "Pro-glide challenge" where that cocky little ****er barges in to the jacks when people are shaving.

Featuring the the guy who looks Indian but speaks Glaswegian.

Starting to grate a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

That Car Buyers Guide ad that's on at the moment

CEE BEE GEE dot EYE EEE??

Shocking actors makes the ad unwatchable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The new 3DS adverts.

Douches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Those 1890 ads FFS!!!!! :mad: Whoever came with the idea should be named, shamed, punished, killed and the remains thrown to feed pigs.

I wonder if they sleep at night.... not the pigs, the creative time that produced such thing

Barna77 wrote: »
    Those 1890 ads FFS!!!!! :mad: Whoever came witht eh idea should be named, shamed, punished, killed and the reamins thrown to feed pigs.

I wonder if they sleep at night.... not the pigs, the creative time that produced such thing

I assume you mean 11850, they must be bad ads when people can't get the number right. Someone else thought they were 11811 ads. But yes really bad ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Elmo wrote: »
    I assume you mean 11850, they must be bad ads when people can't get the number right. Someone else thought they were 11811 ads. But yes really bad ads.
    No 1890, with Pat Short """"""singing"""""". I won't paste the link to the video here

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Don't know if this one has being mentioned yet, but it really p****s me off.

The Dublin Bus, Ghost bus Ad on City Channel.

It is a total joke, talk about amateur. It is a complete farce.

• Advertisement

aido 1976 wrote: »
    Don't know if this one has being mentioned yet, but it really p****s me off.

The Dublin Bus, Ghost bus Ad on City Channel.

It is a total joke, talk about amateur. It is a complete farce.

City Channel in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

The Envirophone ad where the blonde bird creams her scanties over a 150 quid cheque.

The one where they move the contents of a pub out to the side of a railway track because the beer is stuck in a snow drift.

RTE licence ads. Here's something you don't want to forget. RTE is sh1te and we all resent funding it from stealth taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Any of the "home made" ads on Nova.........jebus they must making a killing off the customers.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Not sure what it's for, but it features a semi-psychotic looking man staring directly into the camera. Makes me feel extraordinarily uncomfortable, like he can see into my soul or something. He's doing something with his hands, but I'm too preoccupied with terror to notice what it is.

Vodafone's "Blackberry boys" ad, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Karsini wrote: »
    Vodafone's "Blackberry boys" ad, ugh.

just saw this tonight, i get the concept- crackberrys arent just for business users any more, etc, but the advert itself is just... well, vodafone marketing department should just hang their collective heads in shame! :rolleyes:

Couple of new contenders for most annoying ad ever.

The new envirophone one with the fat guys singing in chav-techno in the clouds

And Bernard Dunnes one for that Sumo game , poor guy really looks like he doesn't want to be there and just wants his check and be out of there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

:confused::mad:Those radio ads for Lidil with the two irish twits doing horrible (and I suspect pretty offensive) German accents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Windows 7 with the obnoxious middle Britain family

george being george...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

efb wrote: »
    Windows 7 with the obnoxious middle Britain family

george being george...

to the cloud...

as if to say- our name is microsoft, and we invented "the cloud" :rolleyes:

next corny microsoft tagline is gonna be-

<smug> look out your windows - clouds, everywhere, that was OUR idea! </smug> :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement