Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The ad with the cow running in slow motion on the beach is very annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Elmo wrote: »
    Praise for the Lotto ad!

Not the current set with the fool camouflaged

The PC brigade will be very happy with all the close ups of mixed race couples.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

darkdubh wrote: »
    The PC brigade will be very happy with all the close ups of mixed race couples.

:rolleyes: What about the anti-PC brigade. Do they just comment on how happy the PC brigade are? I understand that there is over the top PC, but then I also realise that there is over the top anti-PC brigadists. Can we all not just get along? Think of the Children

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I hate those Dolmio ads, with those thick puppets, one effing stereotype after the other and evry ad for italy has that bloody mandolin music. FFS.
    and to add insult to injury Dolmio is made in holland!!

Plus I hate any ad that has kids in it, ESPECIALLY when they do the little adult thing; there was a car one a while ago with a chubby kid. And kids on the radio ads too. Kids should be kids not instruments of torture. Well, within reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Travy1991

Oh, I actually really like the Lotto ad with the bridge and the rainbow. Makes Dublin look awesome!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I mentioned this on the radio forum as well, but that 1890 22 22 22 ad with Pat Shortt on it annoys the hell out of me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

GR88 wrote: »
    The ad with the cow running in slow motion on the beach is very annoying.

Yes! The poor thing looks bewildered and lost, her hooves are sinking in the sand! It's terrible! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I hate that new Mikado ad, ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Shawshank11

That add for KFC chicken with your man pretending he loves working there, what a d***head!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

There is a new ad on the television now that wrecks my head. Its an ad for Cadbury's where 2 lads are sitting on chairs wearing American Football helmets. It starts with one of them roaring like a lunatic and a display then pops up in front of him and he has to type in a series of numbers.

• Advertisement

The ad with the babies on roller-skates.

I don't know why but it freaks the sh!t out of me.

Really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Really!
    Let me bring up the uncanny valley rule again.

461px-Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Really!
    A lot of people have mentioned that it freaks them out.I think it's their resesemblance to the dead baby in Trainspotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

That 123.ie insurance ad is always on! Head wreaking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

That add for KFC chicken with your man pretending he loves working there, what a d***head!

I like eeeeeeeeeating food. Christ

What about the Gilette ads

(little hyperactive pr*ck) Wooooooooooo. Hi buddy, how's your shave?
    (In the most bored voice in the world) 'Sometimes it snaaaaags.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The retarded IKEA ad where there are two fellas and rwo girls "performing" a stupid play about being messy. SO annoying.

phasers wrote: »
    The retarded IKEA ad where there are two fellas and rwo girls "performing" a stupid play about being messy. SO annoying.

That's the one, was just trying to think of the ad that was annoying me the most recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That's the one, was just trying to think of the ad that was annoying me the most recently!

Awful rubbish. The canned laughter, the lame "jokes", yer man's grating voice...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

RVD420 wrote: »
    Awful rubbish. The canned laughter, the lame "jokes", yer man's grating voice...:mad:

SHOES! SHOES!

Wellingtons Wellingtons

SHOES! What are you, a centipede???

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    SHOES! SHOES!

Wellingtons Wellingtons

SHOES! What are you, a centipede???

RageGuy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭squonk

I wouldn't say I despise it but that envirofone ad is a bit stupid. The couple in it seem way too happy for themselves ! :D

Yeah, and they're a bit too 'trendy', smart car and all. I'd say they've a phone about 4 days before they decide it's time for an upgrade because it's getting a bit old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

optogirl wrote: »
    I like eeeeeeeeeating food. Christ What about the Gilette ads

(little hyperactive pr*ck) Wooooooooooo. Hi buddy, how's your shave? (In the most bored voice in the world) 'Sometimes it snaaaaags.'

Those are the exact two that REALLY piss me off at the moment... arggggghhhhhhhh

TBH the Ikea ad has to be the most annoying ad. I think it wins hands down, I don't think there is a more annoying ad. At least since this thread started (03/06/07). I think it should be crowned the worst ad ever, the most annoying ad and should come with the warning this ad will make you despise the flat pack you have just bought even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

TBH the Ikea ad has to be the most annoying ad. I think it wins hands down, I don't think there is a more annoying ad. At least since this thread started (03/06/07). I think it should be crowned the worst ad ever, the most annoying ad and should come with the warning this ad will make you despise the flat pack you have just bought even more.

This smug beardy bastard would win for me in fairness.:mad:

meteor-bearded-guy.PNG

lord lucan wrote: »
    This smug beardy bastard would win for me in fairness.:mad:

Beardy McSmug has a new contender for his throne.

Screen+shot+2011-04-05+at+17.49.13.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

"A pipe froze and burst while we were away"

Ah shut the f*ck up. Winter is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Magners Irish guy with Bee beard face!
    Who knew Clonmel is stuck in the 1950's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Jenson Button with the Head&Shoulder ad... grr

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    "A pipe froze and burst while we were away"

Ah shut the f*ck up. Winter is over.

The fast motion clip at the end of those ads with the sad notes remind me of ads from the 1980s.

He made a mistake should we be paying high premiums for his mistake? Reminds me of that insurance fraud ad!

My advice to help you pay for my expensive fees buy pet insurance, I will only charge you half and get the other 150% from your pet insurance company, Chic Ching!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Beardy McSmug has a new contender for his throne.

Screen+shot+2011-04-05+at+17.49.13.png

Agree 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement