Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Those Allianz ads are SO awful, but the motor insurance one is the worst. Some retarded bint saying "MY advice is to leave a safe stopping distance between yourself and the car in front of you" THAT'S CALLED THE RULES OF THE ROAD YOU STUPID WAGON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

phasers wrote: »
    Those Allianz ads are SO awful, but the motor insurance one is the worst. Some retarded bint saying "MY advice is to leave a safe stopping distance between yourself and the car in front of you" THAT'S CALLED THE RULES OF THE ROAD YOU STUPID WAGON

I hate these adverts with a passion. 10 seconds of some gombeen giving you advice on what is common sense for most people, and an awful 4 note jingle at the end that sounds like it was thrown together in one take. Take my advice Allianz - get a better advert producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭squonk

DarkJager wrote: »
    I hate these adverts with a passion. 10 seconds of some gombeen giving you advice on what is common sense for most people, and an awful 4 note jingle at the end that sounds like it was thrown together in one take. Take my advice Allianz - get a better advert producer.

The bint whinging about crashing into the back of another car really annoys me. She looks like she's driving a Merc coupe of some sort so she really ought go be more careful going around in a tank like that. The bills for fixing one of those are steep too I'd say so, as was said earlier, the rest of us have to pay with higher premiums for her mistake and keeping her in the motor she's accustomed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    That Gillette Pro Fusion Challenge ad wrecks my head.

Gillette ads are always so generic and look voiced-over, you can probably see that ad with the short presenter guy with an American and Aussie accent too.

It must be a weird career having to market Gillette razors though. They have to basically argue every time that their last product wasn't actually the closest shave known to mankind like they claimed at the time but their latest one is! And there's usually only about three or four months in between.

If I was in a changing room and some freakishly short man with a camera crew suddenly burst in yelling "WOOO! HEY BUDDY!" I wouyld probably slit his throat with the razor.

Yeah and everytime the Scottish-Asian (covering a few markets there) guy says: 'Sometimes it snags' I think change the blade ffs or maybe he's using a Mach 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The new Ladbrookes ad shows they really must be short of ideas if the best they can come up with is a fat cnunt dancing about and gurning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Got to be the Blackberry Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I will change channel if a GoCompare ad comes on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lenor ragamuffins, I want to let the dog rip them all to pieces :)

radio ad - the ad for the directory inquiry service with the annoying cork cnut. I would never use them as a result - that's my new policy on annoying adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I currently hate the Jenson Button Head & Shoulders ad. Terrible acting, terrible rhyming (!), just terrible all 'round :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Children's shoe ad for Geox shoes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I hate any cheese string ad! I love them id eat a hundred of em-But the ads are A W F U L "he thinks hes a cheesy milky man" :mad: GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Love the wonderful light that Clonmel is displayed in...

No wonder the IMF arrived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but there is no ad, absolutley no ad, worse than the Go Compare ad....

I swear...... I pay for Sky TV, if that welsh singing SOAB ever comes near me, I'll do... something... damn I hate that guy. Apparantly he's been getting death threats! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynne_Evans

F***in' Gio Compario! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

"The song in the adverts is based on the George M. Cohan classic Over There and was voted as the most irritating advertisement of both 2009 and 2010."

Soon, 2011 will be added to that.

Damn, I'm in a bad mood now. I need dinner.

New vodafone ad that seems to be ad for Tourist travelling to Ireland who want to see inner city Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 sara_q

Maybe its been mentioned, I wouldn't be at al surprised. The specsavers ad, where the young wan mistakes the aul fella for her beau and that kiss, eugh...I mean honestly, I cringe...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I currently hate the Jenson Button Head & Shoulders ad. Terrible acting, terrible rhyming (!), just terrible all 'round :mad:

Only saw this add for the first time at the weekend, its awful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

the latest wii fit ad with the geordie girl. "I've now got a life". Really winds me up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

evil_seed wrote: »
    the latest wii fit ad with the geordie girl. "I've now got a life". Really winds me up :mad:

Before I lost the weight.... *changes channel*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"What would happen if I took evening primrose oil... in the morning?" Boots ads seem to be getting progressively worse and childishly sexist, which I would have thought impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

The Panitherm ad.

Hello Pam...hello Fern......

hello disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭squonk

sara_q wrote: »
    Maybe its been mentioned, I wouldn't be at al surprised. The specsavers ad, where the young wan mistakes the aul fella for her beau and that kiss, eugh...I mean honestly, I cringe...

Yes, and it's like some German ad that has been dubbed. It's just odd and stupid!

Soooo Juicy
    The McDonald's ad with the child that wants to be a Lorry Driver
    Philidelphia ad, sausages become meat balls since when? Go make a Coddle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

I'm not impressed by the new Carlsberg ad.

For the company that brought us "Probably", "Carlsberg don't do ..." and "There's always C", it's very weak.

"Heuston we have a problem" ... very original :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr_Ekan

Philly Rice & Leeks.

An advert promoting a recipe that's essentially one step up from an Easi-Single Sandwich. I'm sure I've only ever seen it run during breaks in Xposé and The Jeremy Kyle Show.

And in-between Cash 4 Gold & Tarot line ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

All Coors light ads.

Especially the one where the guy is s_hiteing on about how his beloved beer stayed "rocky mountain cold"....as if normal ice wasn't good enough :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

has anyone seen the new hustle style toolstation ad? ... i cant place the main character in it i reckon hes from corrie but i cant remember for sure... any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Mikosyko wrote: »
    All Coors light ads.

Especially the one where the guy is s_hiteing on about how his beloved beer stayed "rocky mountain cold"....as if normal ice wasn't good enough :confused:

Plus it had been documented that the drinks industry only makes a drink "Ice Cold" to mask the taste of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mazooma ad.

Looks like the ad company that gave us webuyanycar.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Those HB ads where the goofball gets on the Luas with a barbershop quartet are cringeworthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement