Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Those HB ads where the goofball gets on the Luas with a barbershop quartet are cringeworthy.
    Awful,awful ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That magnum ad with the film crew in the jungle and some annoying girl starts asking questions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

VHI ads:
    The one about the "tiny beebeeeez"

And I HATE your woman crowing about how great she thinks her daughter is
    "Caoimhe is sur-fingg, she's sing-gingg, she's dance-ingg, my daughter is just the best thing ever, I have noth-ingg else goingg on in my life blah blah blah bleurgh"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Those ads for gocompare insurance do my head in :mad:

Yer man who is singing (and I use that term loosely) is a very bad rip-off of pavarotii and needs to be told to shut the fúck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Kojak wrote: »

Yer man who is singing (and I use that term loosely) is a very bad rip-off of pavarotii and needs to be told to shut the fúck up.

Those compare the meerkat ads are almost as grating. The joke was mildly amusing the first time, now its well into flogging a dead horse territory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Kojak wrote: »

You're about 2 years too late with this complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That buy one get one free double glazing ad is back!!! Aaargh! I say, you buy one you get one free!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It's a ****ing JETTA

what did he ****ing say

:(

The Irish Life add ".... When you were 17 I made sure you protected yourself and your girl even if you were a bit embarrased ...."

Nicorette add with the girl who has 7 cigarettes and a Cuban at someone's 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Meteor ad with the ginger twat trying to speak Spanish. .:mad:

And the One Direct ad with some pig-farmer "singing"

"do-do-do-do-do wan eight ninety". :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Irish Life insurance ad, mentioned above.
    The father's protecting the son all his life,then *spoiler alert!!*, he's still protecting him from beyond the grave with Irish Life insurance.
    So sentimental and manipulative.
    And the way they talk about "protection payments" makes them sounds like the Mob!!

• Advertisement

And the way they talk about "protection payments" makes them sounds like the Mob!!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Dunno if it's been mentioned. That Optilase ad. I think it's Optilase.

The lady gets on the bus with steamed up glasses and falls on the guy on the seat.

At the end of the ad she walks in without glasses and the guy looks up with a look of "oh fuk, here's the mad one". I don't think that's what they were going from but that's what I always think when I see that ad. I think they might have meant "wow I want her now that she doesn't have glasses".

The acting is really half hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I would say that advertising companies are reading this and applauding all the way to the bank though as you are giving publicity to all of the products you mention!!

Babooshka wrote: »
    I would say that advertising companies are reading this and applauding all the way to the bank though as you are giving publicity to all of the products you mention!!

'tis been said before but I still don't want to buy a Jetta?

What did he say???? :confused:

Elmo wrote: »
    'tis been said before but I still down want to by a Jetta?

Yeah, I don't buy the argument that in advertising, all publicity is good publicity. If everyone's talking about how bad a product is, they're not going to buy it, especially if there's other options available.

'tis been said before but I still down want to by a Jetta?

Not really sure what this means? Is your spelling intentional? :confused:

el diablo wrote: »
    Not really sure what this means? Is your spelling intentional? :confused:

Yes, its intentionally bad ;)

Don't know what's up my spelling and letters are all over the place recently (even worse then usual).

Yes, its intentionally bad ;)

Don't know what's up my spelling and letters are all over the place recently (even worse then usual).

Ok no worries. Not sure what all this Jetta talk is about though. :)

el diablo wrote: »
    Ok no worries. Not sure what all this Jetta talk is about though. :)

:rolleyes:

Now I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but just in case you aren't being sarcastic here's the ad for VW Jetta I am talking about:-

No, wasn't being sarcastic. I haven't seen that ad before. VW ads are usually ok but that's crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Those HB ads where the goofball gets on the Luas with a barbershop quartet are cringeworthy.

Have you ever wondered how much better that ad would be if they were getting on at the Fatima Mansions stop or any of the rough stops

Mick990 wrote: »
    Have you ever wondered how much better that ad would be if they were getting on at the Fatima Mansions stop or any of the rough stops

No. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

OMFG...:mad::mad:....That new insurance ad on TV3 with Lewis Hamilton....why cany brits pronounce "IRELAND"...FFS...its not "ISLAND"...........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Mick990 wrote: »
    Real life Loop the Loops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

tinyjiney wrote: »
    OMFG...:mad::mad:....That new insurance ad on TV3 with Lewis Hamilton....why cany brits pronounce "IRELAND"...FFS...its not "ISLAND"...........

Ah listen, don't get your green, white and gold knickers too much in a twist over his pronunciation of our fair country's name. There are other words the Englanders are incapable of pronouncing right too...

For example, I heard one ad for a breakfast cereal that was fortified with calcium and ION. :rolleyes:

Maybe some chemist out there can tell us what positively and negatively charged atoms are doing in Nestlé Crunchios... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

fricatus wrote: »
    Ah listen, don't get your green, white and gold knickers too much in a twist over his pronunciation of our fair country's name. There are other words the Englanders are incapable of pronouncing right too...

For example, I heard one ad for a breakfast cereal that was fortified with calcium and ION. :rolleyes:

Maybe some chemist out there can tell us what positively and negatively charged atoms are doing in Nestlé Crunchios... :D

You mean "properly"....right..?? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This new ad,i think its for moy park featuring speeded up footage of a couple preparing the din dins set to a spoof racing commentry is so bad its nearly good.

I don't think they've been on T.V for a while, but the Moy Park ads with the rapping chicken are excruciating.

Their attempts to make chicken "kewl 4 da kidz" are cringeworthy and misguided enough.

But is there anything more disturbing than a cartoon chicken singing and jumping around, clearly delighted and pushing the kids to eat more and more..... chicken??

My Advice....

House ....
    .... Turn off the water at the mains ...
    Car ....
    .... Don't let children distract you while your driving ....
    Holiday ...
    .... Don't pack things you don't need ...
    Ads ...
    .... Don't talk down to your audience .... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't think they've been on T.V for a while, but the Moy Park ads with the rapping chicken are excruciating.

Their attempts to make chicken "kewl 4 da kidz" are cringeworthy and misguided enough.

But is there anything more disturbing than a cartoon chicken singing and jumping around, clearly delighted and pushing the kids to eat more and more..... chicken??

They are simply letting the children know that the sizzling breast of meat on their dinner plate, was once a rapper. I like the idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement