Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I still cower in fear of that polar bear in the birds eye ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

calex71 wrote: »

Yeah, he's quite menacing... you'd be looking over your shoulder in the frozen food isle, in case he'd catch you putting Findus products into the trolley!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, he's quite menacing... you'd be looking over your shoulder in the frozen food isle, in case he'd catch you putting Findus products into the trolley!

He's a menace alright and the people from Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) should be on his case. (It fairly easy to cook fish).

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

New lynx ad where yer man (I presume) is meant to be in total awe of the lady's behind as she walks away, but it just looks like he's about to have a massive puke....which makes it stupid and annoying.

The new Bulmers ad which features David McWilliams visiting the shire, and dribbling out his advice to the bufoons.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but that weird polar bear in the findus/birds eye(?) ads is voiced by Willem Dafoe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That mcvities cake bars with the rapping yuppy chefs

• Advertisement

RVD420 wrote: »
    The new Bulmers ad which features David McWilliams visiting the shire, and dribbling out his advice to the bufoons.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but that weird polar bear in the findus/birds eye(?) ads is voiced by Willem Dafoe....

The words "Sell" and "Out" come to mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Kendo millicano.

Horrendous woman talking about all her possessions she loves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

calex71 wrote: »
    fricatus wrote: »

I love that little guy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Vernon Kay with his mammy making him dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

The McDonalds futuristic one where the lads beam into the restaurant is awful. Yer man's punch-line at the end is woeful...something like 'don't be stupid, it wrecks the cheese'.

Did the guy writing that think it was funny....and don't get me started on the twit in the flashing t-shirt. Utter rubbish advert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

amdublin wrote: »
    I love that little guy :confused:

Oh I love him too...

It's the absurdity of a polar bear being menacing in a Mafia Don sort of way (yes I know the real thing would eat you alive, but he wouldn't put a horse's head in your bed!)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Peadar_85 wrote: »
    The McDonalds futuristic one where the lads beam into the restaurant is awful. Yer man's punch-line at the end is woeful...something like 'don't be stupid, it wrecks the cheese'.

Did the guy writing that think it was funny....and don't get me started on the twit in the flashing t-shirt. Utter rubbish advert.

The problem is that while the ad may have gotten a chuckle on its first airing, it lost all its humour on subsequent viewings and the continuous airing of this ad well past the 100-mark only compounds the misery and dilutes the already weak punchline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 custard

The Irish Life add ".... When you were 17 I made sure you protected yourself and your girl even if you were a bit embarrassed ...."

This advert sexualises an innocent life insurance sales pitch. I am very upset that my 13y old daughter had to see this crap- I genuinely thought this was a condom advert. I will never ever deal with either "Chemistry" ( the advertising company) or Irish Life as a result. All this at 7.30pm in the evening on TV or any other time across radio stations. I am no prude but I urge everyone to complain to the Advertising Standards Agency of Ireland at:
    http://www.asai.ie/

This is unacceptable advertising from a crass naff advertising company. Shame on you Irish Life.
    If it was a condom advert it would be after the watershed (no issue!).:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

custard wrote: »
    The Irish Life add ".... When you were 17 I made sure you protected yourself and your girl even if you were a bit embarrassed ...."

This advert sexualises an innocent life insurance sales pitch. I am very upset that my 13y old daughter had to see this crap- I genuinely thought this was a condom advert. I will never ever deal with either "Chemistry" ( the advertising company) or Irish Life as a result. All this at 7.30pm in the evening on TV or any other time across radio stations. I am no prude but I urge everyone to complain to the Advertising Standards Agency of Ireland at:
    http://www.asai.ie/

This is unacceptable advertising from a crass naff advertising company. Shame on you Irish Life.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i hate that ad! notice the way yer mans mouth goes up at one side every time he says something. bet hes not even from dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

i hate that ad! notice the way yer mans mouth goes up at one side every time he says something. bet hes not even from dublin.

ya all i want to do is get a baseball bat and smack that stupid smirk off his face.and that stupid look he has on his face just when hes about to teleport.what a w**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

"sure you're not in longford now flynn!"
    i want to f**k the tv out through the window when i see it.:mad::mad:

also that meteor add with all those young people at a house party.the bit that gets to me the most is the part where that large girl is sitting on her hole on the stairs, she see's some young lass and a fella going into a room together. O M ****ING GOD,she then proceeds to put what she has witnessed up on some social networking site via her phone to gossip or what not,mind your own business why doesn't she, or else she was just tx-ing another friend, cant remember now. but does she not have anything better to be doing.for f**k sake. i know its aimed at a particular market, but god i hope the teenagers of today see it the same way i do.

obviously its not her fault,i have nothing against her,its meteors

"sure you're not in longford now flynn!"
    i want to f**k the tv out through the window when i see it.:mad::mad:

LOL, just picturing that in my head.unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah but the 'your not in Longford now Flynn' make me LOL every time:D

• Advertisement

custard wrote: »

It is a **** ad. But if you feel strongly about it.

You are better off complaining to RTÉ, TV3 and TG4 and if you don't get what you consider a good response then you should complain to the BAI. The ASAI won't be bothered they are a self-regulatory company owned by the advertising companies. The new BAI system has a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

also that meteor add with all those young people at a house party.the bit that gets to me the most is the part where that large girl is sitting on her hole on the stairs, she see's some young lass and a fella going into a room together. O M ****ING GOD,she then proceeds to put what she has witnessed up on some social networking site via her phone to gossip or what not,mind your own business why doesn't she, or else she was just tx-ing another friend, cant remember now. but does she not have anything better to be doing.for f**k sake. i know its aimed at a particular market, but god i hope the teenagers of today see it the same way i do.

obviously its not her fault,i have nothing against her,its meteors

Even worse for me is the girl who sneers at a few lads minding their own business and calls them "mingers." What a b**ch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

I still don't get the point of those Dettol automatic soap dispensers. The reason behind them is so we avoid getting germs on our hands from pressing the pump. What a load of nonsense, think about it... sure we wash our hands after we press the pump anyway so any germs on our hands should be washed off with the soap! what a pointless piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

J-Lo uses shi*ty disposable razors. She does in me hoop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Has anyone seen tv3 late at night when the teleshopping adverts come on. The huggable hanger crap has to be the worst. Always good for a laugh though and yes, they can even dramatise buying a clothes hanger, the slogan goes something like:
    "Change your life, change your hanger"!!!
    Because changing your hanger is going to alter your life, quick what's the number on screen, i'll have 10 of those!!

I just want to mention the new Centra ad. One of the better ads for Irish Supermarkets/Franchise, however annoying all the same, leads me to the conclusion that advertising is just annoying.

optogirl wrote: »
    J-Lo uses shi*ty disposable razors. She does in me hoop :p

Do you do her in return???

That Fosters Bloke Advice line is really beginning to annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That fúcking CLA Booster ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭click_here!!!

I hate ads for Colgate dental products (and some other companies too), where the actor is smiling and showing their white teeth in an unnatural way.

It's impossible to show your teeth while talking in the way they do. The producers of the ad obviously dubbed that voice over it, to give the bright shiny teeth more airtime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement