Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That silly specsavers ad where the wan kissed the wrong bloke cause she needs her eyes testing? The two of them just stood there saying nothing:confused:......................Even though I probably would too if a random wan sucked the face of me:p:D.Not much of a boyfriend/husband he is:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That fúcking CLA Booster ad.

"Combined with exercise and diet, CLA Booster can blah blah blah, turn you into J-Lo"

Can exercise and diet not do these things on their own? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

fricatus wrote: »
    "Combined with exercise and diet, CLA Booster can blah blah blah, turn you into J-Lo"

Can exercise and diet not do these things on their own? :rolleyes:

Hmmm in that freeze frame miss cla ain't so attractive no more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to try to make the Laughing Cow cool? They failed miserably anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I love the new Bulmers Ad ... with McWilliams
    All the Bulmers Ads are brilliant but I've never even tasted Bulmers ... so I presume that means they may be brilliant but they don't work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The one with the rice that won't come out of the microwave unless you tell it something or other ..... Jesus thats so unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

or what about Fidelma from Glenroe - shake, shake....

Carol - fantastic
    The chicken mum, not your dancing

Ah the craic in that house....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I hate that bossy Bird's Eye polar bear. Feck off you little c u next tuesday.

And the ads for Lenor with the freakishly life-life fabric people... always annoyed the crap out of me. They've gone one step worse with this 'huggable' crap though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

optogirl wrote: »
    or what about Fidelma from Glenroe - shake, shake....

Carol - fantastic
    The chicken mum, not your dancing

Ah the craic in that house....

The fooooood mum, not your dancing.

In a really strange deep voice for a boy of his size

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Big Ed Loves Mona!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

(1) That series of ads for oats and more where a complete pillock tries to avoid sharing them.

(2) The campaign for Rowntrees Randoms. the idea of replacing words of a sentence with the shapes of the sweets - so funny I could sh1t myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

(1) the nicorette ad with the annoying music and match box stuck to his hand.

(2) WONGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Vodafone advert with the lad speaking Spanish!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I have no idea what the advert is actually for as I usually zone out, but it has a white bear/teddy thing in the freezer and some bloke opens the freezer door and the bear/teddy/whatever the fook its supposed to be says something to him.
    I find it very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

papagormo wrote: »
    I have no idea what the advert is actually for as I usually zone out, but it has a white bear/teddy thing in the freezer and some bloke opens the freezer door and the bear/teddy/whatever the fook its supposed to be says something to him.
    I find it very odd.
    Birds Eye.

I hate the vodafona ad that shows all different people and makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Teddy455 wrote: »
    Birds Eye.

I hate the vodafona ad that shows all different people and makes no sense at all.

Yeah it's an ad for scanngers to get them to use vodafone :)

webuyanycar.com's latest abomination with the people standing next to their cars and half singing/half speaking. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

''who needs a spiel from your man, when the wiley women of Cork can. . . '' whether it's the annoying voice or the stupid concept, i just can't bring myself to listen to the entire advert. . I always hear it in the car on the way home from work- i switch channels every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Acacia wrote: »
    I hate that bossy Bird's Eye polar bear. Feck off you little c u next tuesday.

And the ads for Lenor with the freakishly life-life fabric people... always annoyed the crap out of me. They've gone one step worse with this 'huggable' crap though.

1) I like those adds! The bear's voice has an insistant menace to it

2) But I'm not liking how lifelike the lenor fabric people are.... to the point where I'm confused that I find the female ones sexy!....... I don't think I'm supposed to think they are sexy, but the current Leonr offering features some sort of odd cloth-animated-milf.... yes I have problems! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That new road safety add with the girls texting is so bad. The most terrifying thing in it is the acting.

I can't believe people don't like the Willem Defoe Birds Eye adds. I find them very funny.

• Advertisement

P&G: Proud Sponsors of Mums.

If they were sponsoring mums then they'd be giving out free products to them, not selling them to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't believe people don't like the Willem Defoe Birds Eye adds. I find them very funny.

Woudn't it be much better if it was actually Willem Defoe's disembodied head in the freezer, urging you to buy a certain brand of fish fingers? That would be justifiably threatening. As it stands, the ad just seems a bit too pretentious or trying to hard to be edgy. I can't put my finger on it.

Though at least it's not as bad as when they tried to make salmon fish fingers sexy- "So much pink!" Filth.

Bird's Eye must have some oddballs in its advertising department. Personally, I miss good auld Captain Bird's-Eye!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Yeah it's an ad for scanngers to get them to use vodafone :)
    By scannger's do you mean people who can't spell properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's an ad running on TV3 at the minute for some sofa company. The jingle is possibly the most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life.

American+Psycho.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Its probably been mentioned here already, but those go compare car insurance ads annoy the fúck out of me. :mad:

The latest one with a robin hood theme is the worst of a bad lot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's a new Coca Cola ad I just saw last night that's really annoying.
    It features wealthy, attractive, smug young people frolicking on a beach with their delicious Cokes, then messing about with one of those fans that lifts you up in the air, with a horribly twee happy song in the background.
    But the thing that really gets me is when one of the goons opens a bottle of coke while a few of them are inside the fan and it goes everywhere!
    They'd be all sticky and smelly! :eek: It's probably a little phobia of mine but I find it disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

papagormo wrote: »
    I find it very odd.

Dippers, Clive. DIPPERS! :eek:

Feckin creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

P&G: Proud Sponsors of Mums.

I hate the word 'mum' in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Those Pat Shortt ads 22222!

• Advertisement

marwelie wrote: »
    Those Pat Shortt ads 22222!

My 8 month old nephew loves that ad. He has terrible taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement