Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE One Night Stand **Spoilers**

• 03-06-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Why not!

Just saw the full card there, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so TNA must be taking pride in seeing this gimmicktastic PPV.

WWE Title
    John Cena vs. The Great Khali (Pinfalls Count Anywhere Match)

SNME
    After Khali winning last night surely he's going to win tonight too, right? :rolleyes:

ECW World Title
    Mr. McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley (Street Fight)

This is going to be a nightmare too, Lashley ftw.

World Heavyweight Title
    Edge vs. Batista (Steel Cage Match)

Now this should be good. Hopefully it's Batista's last title match. I see Edge winning, hopefully clean, and then off to a feud with Benoit or Hardy.

Melina vs Candice Michelle (Pudding Match)
    Why pudding?

World Tag Team Titles
    The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Ladder Match)

Could be incredible, could be botchy, hopefully the former. Maybe Cade & Murdoch will cost the Hardy's the titles, that doesn't really make sense with the story but they will be involved to some extent.

Punk, Dreamer & Sandman vs Burke, Striker & Cor Von (Tables Match)
    I'll expect as little as possible from this so I might be surprised but I can't see it happening tbh. I haven't been watching ECW at all so I don't know what the buildup is like, but I'll go for Punk's team to win.

Randy Orton vs. RVD (Stretcher Match)
    I guess this will be the last we see of RVD in WWE if last weeks Raw is anything to go by. I'm all for Orton being elevated to the main event status so I expect him to come out of this as strong as possible.

Kane vs. Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match)
    Jesus, I don't care.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I suppose there'll be a few people stayin up to watch this as it's a bank holiday tomorrow, at least I think it is

WWE Title

It's got to be Cena winning. Plenty of weapons being used I'm sure, with Cena finishing it with the FU onto some part of the stage which will probably explode when Khali hits it

ECW World Title

I heard that this one will be the main event. I hope not, although it is probably the one match where the title will change hands. I'm sayin Lashley for the win. Vince was so bad with his promo on ECW this week. He was callin this event "Last Night Stand". This feud gets worse every week

World Heavyweight Title

Edge for the win. Hopefully he can pull a bit of a better match out of Batista than he did last time. I can see Batista moving shows with this draft

Candice has improved a lot recently, but I doubt we'll see that in this sort of match. She'll probably get the win, I think it's non-title

World Tag Team Titles

This one has the most potential out of any match on the card. Haas and Benjamin haven't had much tv time in the last few months, except to job to the Hardys, so I'm sure they'll be up for this. This is the best the tag team division has been in years, and they've got the angle with Cade and Murdoch where it's not clear what'll happen at all, which is nice. The Hardy's to win, but I don't expect too many big spots, they'll probably be saved for the ECW and WWE title matches to make up for the lack of ability of guys in those ones

Punk teaming up with an alcoholic and a man who once forcefully poured beer down his throat is slightly unusual. I'd say it'll be Striker going through the table

I wouldn't be surprised to see either guy win, but if RVD wins then I'm sure he'll be beaten by Orton within a couple of weeks. I'd say Randy will win tonight though, an RKO onto the stretcher would be cool

I actually found Mark Henry entertaining on SD this week. I think I finally get him. He's just so big and strong and powerful that he knows he can kick anyone's ass and he'll take his time doing it. I'm sure he'll take it to the lumberjacks, they'll probably all be laid out by the end of it. Henry to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The last two of these events were a kick up the arse for pro wrestling with rabid fans who loved ECW. This show looks like a piece of sh*t to me. I've not bothered to watch ECW or Smackdown in recent weeks (nor SNME) though I've pretty much kept up with Raw. I intend to watch this show as it will pretty much make up my mind whether or not I'll give up on wrestling until Summerslam or not. I think the business is in a real lull right now though. Anyway here's my predictions:

WWE Title

It will be Cena barring Vince McMahon having a pyschotic episode. Should be full of weapons and gimmicks. I predict Khali being FU'd through a table.

ECW World Title

Who cares. I hope Vince wins but I suspect Lashley will. I predict Vince will bleed buckets like he did against Taker at Survivor Series, 2003.

World Heavyweight Title

Edge to win. Batista to blow up after his entrance and Edge to carry his dead weight around all match.

Candice to botch a dropkick and to inadvertently break Melina's jaw leading to the match being stopped. Failing that, Candice to win if it's non-title.

World Tag Team Titles

Will be The Hardys. Probably won't be as good as people want it to be.

Punk and co to win. Poor originals. How the mighty have fallen.

Speaking of the mighty falling, Orton's going over here, kids.

Shame this isn't in the Hammerstein. It would be hilarious. I really don't give a toss who wins this one. I'll say Kane.

Looks like a craptacular event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Title

Cena winning this one. I think Khali winning at SNME just shows that Cena will retain tonight....revenge or whatever

ECW World Title

I'm kinda unsure who will win...even though I don't really care. I'll say McMahon with help from Umaga and Shane

World Heavyweight Title

EDGE!!

Why pudding??! I think Michelle McCool will cost Melina the match.

World Tag Team Titles
    The only match that seems to be watchable. Looking forward to this match. Hardys to win!

Could be a decent match... I'll go for Punk, Freamer and Sandman to win!

I think Orton could wib this one. Hope this will be a good match.

Henry to win cos I imagine WWE are gonna be pushing him more no that he has returned.

Staying up to watch it, beside the fact that I have have nothing better to do, some matches might actually turn out to be decent enough. Just hope we don't have to endure an extreme expose (god help us all!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

WWE Title

Cena for le win some wacky finish here.

ECW World Title

Vinces run has gotta end here really with lashley destroying vinnie, shane-o and probably umaga just for the hell of it.

World Heavyweight Title

Edge retaining with batista coming close to keep this going for another month at the least. Althou a feud with benoit would be gold.

Mmmm pudding, I dunno about the winner, but we will be the losers on this one.

World Tag Team Titles

Probably gonna be the best match on the card, hardys should keep the gold here.

P...P...P...POUNNNNNNNCE. Period. Threw the table for the win,

This is an odd one, with RVD on his way out and Orton in the doghouse (supposedly) either man could win, but gotta be Orton really.

Henry shall kill just about everyone here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WWE Title

Cena wins, and despite the fact that everyone expects the result an FU on Khali will impress me

ECW World Title

expect Lashley to win but really dont care, just hope there is lots of Shane O'Mac

World Heavyweight Title

Edge will retain, this match could surprise me but i never expect much from batista

Pudding match eh?! um Melina to win but McCool to somehow get involved starting a bad feud

World Tag Team Titles

should be great, the hardys will retain IMO in the best night of the PPV

could go either way really and as the only real ECW match at ONS could be one of the matches to make the event.

with RVD leaving the WWE i expect ONS to be his last appearance and he will leave on a strecher while WWE keep portraying Ortan as the cold hearted legend killer that took out HBK.

ill onlyknow what happens here if the commentaters talk about it during another match, but i guess a henry win as part of his return push.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

can anyone else see Shane-o-mac or someone else using that big crane for a spot. usually when their is something odd in the stage design it ends up being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I got sick, punk and dreamer did the dudleys thing and no one reacted

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What a big pile of poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

only saw the last two matches. i loved the way during the khali cena match JR said at every opportunity "KHALI'S NEVER BEEN PINNED!!!!!", pretty much giving away the ending..

the ending of the cage match was absolutely awful.. you could see edge looking over at batista to see how far he was out of the cage before dropping down... cue hilarious scenes of batista looking at the belt, and thumping the table in frustration..

absolutely bloody terrible stuff..

It was as good as you can expect from WWE I think, if you didn't enjoy that then you're probably not watching the right show for you! They've had so many terrible events in the last year or so, but this was pretty decent I thought

Orton and RVD put on the best job of selling that I can remember from two guys in a WWE ring in a long time. I loved watchin it. Don't know if that is the last we'll see of RVD now, or if he'll be back for another beating soon. He took a nasty bump when he dived over the top rope and landed on his lower back at one point

The ECW 6-man tables match seemed alright. I missed a few bits of it while I was gettin food, but there seemed to be some good spots with tables being moved out of the way and counters and stuff. I was watching some IWA-MS with Punk on commentary last night, he's just gold with a mic in his hands. They should let him be a guest commentator on ECW some week

The Hardys and Haas and Benjamin had a better match than I was expecting, there were some cool spots in there and most of it made sense. Fair play to Shelton on recovering a couple of times when he slipped

Kane vs Mark Henry wasn't anything great, but Henry's a big old-school heel and I don't mind him as much as I did last year. A bigger beatdown of the lumberjacks was in order, but seeing as some of them were kinda top stars it probably wouldn't have been worth it

Lashley vs Vince was much better than I expected, easily the best moment of their feud since WM. I thought Lashley had injured himself in going over the top at the start. It was basically your average 3 man beatdown until Lashley made a comeback, I think it was after a spear from Vince. The crowd were sort of dead up til that point, but they were really into it from then on up to the finish, like I was myself

The pudding match was....a technical masterpiece

Edge and Batista had a better match than last month. Still, not as good a match as Edge can have. It seems that he's not really able to carry people up to his level. Edge tryin to escape at every opportunity was nicely done, although I don't think they should be using that escape stipulation all the time, defeats the purpose of the cage. The ending probably did take a little longer than it should have, I'd have liked to see something like the finish to Aries vs Cabana in ROH, with Edge just diving over the top as Batista is crawling out the door

The main event was as good as you can expect from Cena I think. You can see that Khali has improved since he debuted, he doesn't look anywhere near as lost as he used to. He plays up to the crowd a bit now too, although he shouldn't really be main event material. It didn't go as long as I thought it would either, only about 10 minutes, but that's fine, I'm not one to complain about Khali being on my screen for too short a time! I believe I called the finish correctly, minus the explosion. Khali didn't fall straight onto the floor, did he? There seemed to be something blocking the view, and he was on the floor when the camera got to him

All in all, as good as I think you can expect from WWE. Best match was the ladder match, followed by Orton/RVD for me. They said all the titles will be defended at Vengeance, but with 9 (I think) titles, some champions might face each other. I can't really see who's next for Cena, I'm guessin someone will be drafted to Raw before then for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The first half of the PPV was ok. I enjoyed the stretcher match, despite the snails pace it took. I think Orton could do with a character change to suit his methodical way in the ring, some kind of stalker thing maybe. Off to pastures new for RVD.

The tables match was poor to say the least. The "get the tables" thing belly flopped so badly. The spot at the end was ok but that was the height of it.

Poor Shelton. I take it the only reason this was made into a ladder match was so he could do a few cool spots, but he ****ed them all up. I've seen him botch the springboard off the top rope a few times now, also in the MitB qualifier against Jeff. He did recover very well after the springboard attempt, the shocked smile on his face said it all! The spot at the end was good though, Shelton took a nasty bump on the ladder. Hopefully their next match will be gimmick-less and better. It was still the best match on the card.

Kane and Henry was made ok by the Bruno Sammartino references from JBL. Also, JBL's constant referral to Henry being "THE STRONGEST MAN ON THE PLANET" made me chuckle. Surely Kane is too big and strong to be put down by a bear hug. Tsst.

As for the rest, was was the face escaping through the door of the cage with the heel climbing over? It made no sense. It was ok up until then. I couldn't be arsed writing about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Just seen some now. Liked Ortons counter of the Rolling Thunder into a powerslam.

Thought Lashley was seriously injured first spot into the match,if he was would liked to have seen how that match would have gone :eek:

Pudding match ;)

Khali/Cena wasnt exactly Flair/Steamboat but it sent the Chain Gang home happy I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dogfingers

Although it seems cruel everyone who watched it here burst out laughing when Lashley blew that first spot, needless to say we're not his biggest fans.

Yeah, I laughed myself too. I thought he was going to struggle through it after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Just seen some now. Liked Ortons counter of the Rolling Thunder into a powerslam.
    I meant to mention that in my post, definitely the highlight of the PPV for me! well that and Lashley ****ing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So bad that i actually fell asleep after the Orton v RVD match! I've been actually following these two to see exactly how RVD is going out. Last weeks RAW match was well worth watching just to see RVD getting killed, and i somewhat expected the same for this match. I was disappointed, altho he did look like Rob Van Downsyndrome for half of the match which was amusing.

Might try and catch the repeat tonight.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was a better show than I thought it would be but I still wouldn't watch any of the matches a second time.

RVD vs Orton was an alright opener. They went with the surprise win for RVD but I don't think anyone really cared.

The 6 man table match was OK. It would have worked better if it was an elimination table match.

The tag ladder match was good fun but it wasn't as good as it could have been. Lots of f*ck ups, though you have to expect that in this kind of match. Not a MOTY candidate which it probably could have been on another night.

Kane vs Henry? Monstrously bad. And Benoit as a bloody lumberjack? Someone's taking the piss with that. MVP vs Benoit would have been far better than this waste of time. Oh and a bearhug for a finisher? Bwahahaha. Someone tell these guys it's the 21st century.

Lashley vs Vince should have been better in my opinion. Pretty predictable stuff but the crowd lapped it up for some reason.

Pudding match? Piece of sh*t match more like. Waste of time. Only Maria being there made this passable.

Edge vs Batista was my favourite match of the night. Edge carried Batista to a solid bout. No great spots though but Edge winning fair and square was nice.

The main event was what you'd expect. Now that Khali has been pinned let's hope he leaves the main event...and wrestling in general.

Overall a good PPV but hardly memorable like the previous two ONS shows.

The show was ok, better than I thought it would be. Was surprised to see RVD getting the win against Orton tbh. Thought Orton would be pushed a bit more.

Table match was alright, some good moves in there but a bit predictable.

Enjoyed the ladder match, some good spots (and recoveries) by Benjamin, especially the stand on the ropes turning into him flipping over and knocking the ladder.

Kane/Henry….Obvious that Henry would win….bore

The Street fight was actually somewhat entertaining, like the spot Lashley did at the start of the match, lol

Candice/Melina……Pass

The end of the Batista/Edge match was fairly bad, but a decent match overall.

Khali/Cena…..I didn’t stay up for it

Overall….what you’d expect from a WWECW ppv really.

Overall….what you’d expect from a WWECW ppv really.

Except this year it was billed as a WWE Tribrand PPV :)
    But i got your point, it wasn't great overall.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

TBH, I liked One Night Stand, it had some good points and some bad. But it entertained me. WWE is missing a lot of big names, so things are far from ideal, but I'm still being entertained and thats what counts.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fozzy wrote:
    I believe I called the finish correctly, minus the explosion. Khali didn't fall straight onto the floor, did he? There seemed to be something blocking the view, and he was on the floor when the camera got to him
    You could see his leg bounce up clearly. Plenty of time then to move the mats that broke the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

they didnt even try to move the mats!! one side khali climbed onto the crane by the wheel the side that khali was thrown off had the wheels padded the ground padded and also the wall there so they didnt show the impact!! thought that match was pissh!! the only thing i like is the fact that cena gets booed now - quality!!!
    Endin of the cage match was really bad - like 2 low blows won it - come on Super John Cena can kick out of anything!! U could see edge lookin across at batista - waitin on him to hurry up!!
    lumberjack/pudding - rubbish
    Tag Team Ladder - liked it to be honest - thought it was the best match on the card - shelton did mess up in a few places - and the fact that he recovered from a mistake Jr couldnt get over it cos he'd made so many mistakes before it!!! but all in all like the match
    Rvd and Orton was my second fav match of the night - really enjoyed it - RVD last match for WWE - haha - thought RVD relaxed more than he has in ages and his kicks and all looked better and more convincin than they have since he came back from injury!! well done to orton for the reversal of rolling thunder into a powerslam - have to say i jumpped out of the chair!! haha! quality!!
    Originals and whatever tables match wasnt bad - quite impressed with burke to be honest!!! cm must have nearly got the biggest pop of the night!! was dissappointed no1 picked up on the get the tables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Thought it was okay but nothing special. Ladder match was great, but most of the other's where ok at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I got sick, punk and dreamer did the dudleys thing and no one reacted
    well it wasnt really an ecw crowd, or an ecw event for that matter.

well it wasnt really an ecw crowd, or an ecw event for that matter.

Sign of the times really. Not to worry, i'm sure Brother D-Von and Brother Ray are getting paid quite well by TNA :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm on teaching practice at the minute and it really brought home to me how much kids are into wrestling more so than when I was in school at 10.

There was I'd say 6-7 10 year olds in a class of 29 going mad about ECW one night stand and specifically John Cena. Thats why they push him.

Haha, I just had an image of one of the Cena-haters being in your position Vince, getting into an argument with the kids about how Cena sucks and can't wrestle

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, I just had an image of one of the Cena-haters being in your position Vince, getting into an argument with the kids about how Cena sucks and can't wrestle

Classic!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:

Trust me for all the arguments on here, theres some arguments you just won't win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Ha ha, classic Vince. I was on work experience in my old school a few years ago and I noticed there was a good few kids into WWE (they used to bring in figures and play a lunchtime), but there were still less than when I was finishing primary school. We were a class of marks. I remember the whole class was split down the middle with supporting WCW or WWF. Great times, lol!

Advertisement