Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Nivara 2.5 review

Options
  • 03-06-2007 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Eavening all,

After much hunting around for a pick up, I've finaly found one that suites my needs.

Its a 2001 Nivara Kingcab. This king cab is a must for me!!

The only hold back is that its a 2.5.. No turbo. Now I need to pull a trailer from time to time, and will need a ton in the pick up every now and again. I'm a little worried that a non turbo wont be up to the job.

Does any one have any imput?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

My friends dad has one that he drives, its a 2007 navara tho but it's an absolute monster. He transports boxes of tiles in it, never a trailer.. Think all the new ones are turbo tho are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Apip99 wrote:
    Eavening all,
    Does any one have any imput?:confused:

Should be fine , my mate has one and he has never said its towing was below par.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think they did a non turbo model on the Navara. but even if they did build them, I'd avoid. The turbo diesel model has plenty of power, and I could only imagine how underpowered a non turbo would be, probably half the bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

thanks for the feed back.

Fingers crossed I can get it now.

Consider a Hilux. If you can find one. They'll have D-4D engines and are much better for towing. no king cabs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd second the HiLux - a pure beast. Used by companies such as ESB for access to the remote parts of the electricity grid.

EDIT: I'd also question how much input Renault have in the new Navara as Nissan are now have a massive Renault input. If the Renault input is significant then I'd steer well clear...........

This is the generation pickup the OP is referring to:
    nissanpickup2.jpg
    not to be confused with the Navara that's on sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote:
    This is the generation pickup the OP is referring to:
    nissanpickup2.jpg
    not to be confused with the Navara that's on sale today.

Purely my personal opinion, but I think it's as ugly as sin.

Advertisement