Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to BLOOM 'festival'?

Options
  • 03-06-2007 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi

Has anyone been down to Phoenix Park for the Bloom in the park show?

Booked my ticket for tomorrow, as it seems the only rainless day...would be interested to know how you all liked it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Not at those Prices .....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How much was/is it? I would like to have gone myself

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Went Saturday, overcast no rain. Plenty for all the family to see and do, a success listening the comments coming home. A real shortage of areas to sit down particularly if walked round to see everything. Here are a few photos from the day.

tickets prices

EPSGardenseatingfinishedinmosaictil.jpg

Kestrel.jpg

Morrisgarden.jpg

floraldisplay.jpg

Wallwithscallopcutexternalcurvesmal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Nah. The Diarmuid Gavins of this world give me a pain in the ar*e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 botvot

I went there today. It was 20 Euros if you wanted to queue for about 20 mins. Or if you prebooked, it was 15 Euros.

I had to park about 2 miles away, and the shuttle buses didn't seem too frequent, so had a good walk there. The show was fine, not too large, though.

Also, I thought it a bit of a cheek to charge an additional 5 Euro for a programme. (Luckily I picked one up from Tesco about 3 days before).

All in all not bad, but not the best I've ever been to. But it was nice to do something different for a change. It was extremely busy with loads of people and their buggies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

We partcipated in the event (designed and built a sponsored show garden) and without doubt the participants were delighted with the huge public interest and inspite of very poor weather throughout Sunday and much of Monday the number of visitors was incredible.

There were a number of logistical issues particularly around the parking facilities, but much was due to poor weather and the volume of visitors. I know the event organisers were estimating 50,000-70,000 but that apppeared to be exceeded.

An unrivalled event in Ireland and compares favorably with the best in the UK including Chelsea. No doubt next year will be bigger and hopefully some of the inconvenience experienced with this year's event will be sorted for 2008.

Take a bow Bord Bia for organising this fantastic event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I enjoyed the event, it was a bad day for it though I brought my mother with me and it was a hard auld walk for her as it was difficult to get near the place as they closed the carpark due to the mud.
    Got a contact for one of those living roof roll out planting stuff though, I like the look of it and at 17 euro a sq.M i dont think its too bad a deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a very greenfingered friend was at it and said she enjoyed it more than chelsea.
    was there myself today; worth the 20 quid in. there were areas with room for improvement, but the highlight was definitely the showgardens; styles there to suit all tastes.

sonnenblumen, are you willing to say which garden was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

2 pages with some good pictures of the show here.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

At the price I thought it was an awful scam. I went during the good weather on Saturday but wonder what it was like after the rain all day Sunday?

None of the show gardens appealed to me, though the 'slug-resistance' one with the spears made me smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I was there as well, helping out with the Haven garden. It went down very well, although I think a lot of people weren't aware of the smaller gardens which was a bit unfortunate.

The weather was terrible over the weekend, but still people came ! I don't think the prices were too unreasonable.. 15 quid if you ordered over the internet.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Nice to see the photos. My wife was there and was impressed. She forgot the camera so if anybody has any more photos I'd really appreciate it.

Stapeler

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddyjoe18

I have some, will email them on to you if you wish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Verb wrote:
    I don't think the prices were too unreasonable.. 15 quid if you ordered over the internet.
    yep, you'd probably spend that much on 'handling charges' booking tickets to see barbara streisand.

Verb wrote:
    I was there as well, helping out with the Haven garden.
    was that the sinead finn one?

Advertisement