Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about a Mitzy FTO...

Options
  • 03-06-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

A friend of mine is looking into buy either a 1.8 fto or a 2.0 mivec fto.

Question is are these cars any good?

I heard the standard 1.8 are crap and very slugish. the 2.0 mivec seems to be the better option.

Anybody here ever drive one or know anything about them??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go on to www.fto-ireland.com very useful forum and guides to buying and importing. Collecting my GPX in a few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Demmo

Being a v6 they are norotiously hard to do the plugs in. other than that they are supposed to be fairly slow. and most of them are auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Manual GPX (2.0 mivec) is the one to go for. The vast majority of GPXs are tiptronic. The 1.8 would be a seriously bad choice.

Transverse mounted V6 means the plugs in the rear bank are a major chore to replace (manifold has to come off). Fortunately they're very very long life.

200bhp and 0-60 7.5 seconds isn't exactly slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

faster than a modded corsa anyways.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I'm driving one this weekend. Very Miami Vice! Click on my sig for details. I haven't photographed it yet. Indicators aren't working properly, I have a horrible feeling I might have to get a replacement stalk.
    1.8 litre but she's no slouch even for a '95. GPX version i think, pictures on Tuesday.

I don't know if I should be pimping here but thought I'd give you heads up on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

cheers for the info lads. yeah i guess the manual 2.0 mivec is the best option. my mate is looking at 1 up in japcarsdublin up near the airport. Seemly there is a black 00 2.0l manual mivec in there. I wasnt aware it was a v6??:confused: are you sure??

All the 2.0 models are V6, there is a MIVEC and non MIVEC 2.0 engine. Most of the MIVEC models are badged GPX, and all 1.8 models are non MIVEC.

2651_14mg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

ah ok cool. didnt know that.

• Advertisement

I'm driving one this weekend. Very Miami Vice! Click on my sig for details. I haven't photographed it yet. Indicators aren't working properly, I have a horrible feeling I might have to get a replacement stalk.
    1.8 litre but she's no slouch even for a '95. GPX version i think, pictures on Tuesday.

I don't know if I should be pimping here but thought I'd give you heads up on it anyway.
    Thats no GPX!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Thats no GPX!
    Seconded.

1.8 = is a GS iirc, which is about 123bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Always loved the look of these and any MIVEC I've ever been in has been a beast, great raw engine note too. Best of luck with them lads.

Advertisement